• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole MacGrath VS.Alex Mercer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.

Either way, Cole's Arc Restraints seems like it only restrains his targets in the similar sense as cuffs around a person's arms, legs, throat, and waist does, which isn't really... Effective against a shapeshifter of Mercer's calibre.

Me neither.

Whelp, the only real case I can make is Cole eventually developing his powers like mindhax and time travel, though the latter is practically unusable and the former depends on Alex's resistance

Alex has pretty good resistance considering greene was controlling a good chunk of the city via mental maniping and time travel...Would let him avoid fighting mercer? So for the moment I think the results are the same they fight till cole drops of old age...

That's not enough resistance.

Kesslers mind manipulation was able to overwhelm the resistance of someone who resisted city wise mindhax.

Fair enough but your argument is while cole is stuck fighting and incinerating mercer over and over again he will devolp the power to mind manip? Even though we have no knoweldge on how kessler an alternate version of cole managed it?

Schnee One said:
That's not enough resistance.

Kesslers mind manipulation was able to overwhelm the resistance of someone who resisted city wise mindhax.
Uh, Mercer has a Hivemind that extends to not just a city, but also a couple of other cities from what I can recall. That gives Mercer a decent resistance to City-level Mind Manipulation at the very least.

Kessler managed it through emotional and physical strain, like literally every conduit ever, hell he developed time travel by being overwhelmed with Grief, so "No knowledge" is just wrong.

Fair, Im still not sure if cole manages it, his biggest emtional strain here is...What? alex cant plainly attack civilians to distract him (Coles care for civilians varies depending on which cole anyway) Cole onshots repeatdly

Also is that stated for mind manip devolping also how does his mind manipulation work? cause if its based on eletrical impulses in the brain Im going to wonder on the viability of it on mercer...

I'm not quite sure where you're going with the "Cole's care for civilians varies) argument, because if this is Evil Cole, he matter haxed Alex into the ground (OP still hasn't decided for some reason)

Alex spams gas even while regenerating anyway.

Either way, it's a stomp

Schnee One said:
Kessler managed it through emotional and physical strain, like literally every conduit ever, hell he developed time travel by being overwhelmed with Grief, so "No knowledge" is just wrong.
Cole's profiles doesn't have Time Travel or Mind Manipuation (that isn't a resistance) listed in his profile. That means that unless he has abilities such as Reactive Evolution or other special abilities that he can use to gain other abilities, he isn't gaining abilities just because an alternate version of himself (from an alternate timeline, so I doubt it hardly scales) did it. That would just contradict Cole's profile. So Cole should be stuck the the abilities he has as listed in his profile. Otherwise, we would be delving too much into the speculative territory.

Schnee One said:
Wait reactive evolution isn't on his file? I added that a week ago.
Derp, I have missed that.

Either way, Cole isn't Kessler. In fact, Cole despises Kessler and implied that he wishes to not become him as he then prepared himself for The Beast from what I can recall, so I doubt Cole would develop the same way Kessler has to gain his abilities.

Bold text

The pen or the sword said:
Fair enough lol Just seems like the conclusion would be the same, stomp either way. Either cole makes a restraint that covers mercers entire body (To stop his shapshifting body control shenanigans) or he cant and alex stomps via immortality. Those are the two possiblities I currently see.
Fair enough but didn't I just mention this being a stomp either way :p

Schnee One said:
Evil Cole is beast Cole by SBA
Nah, Cole's profile listed as his Good Karma variation rather than his Evil Karma variation in the OP (Evil Cole has a separate profile). That means we're using Good Cole, so no Beast Cole is used here.

Cole despising Kessler doesn't necessarily means he wouldn't get them.

Hell, Kessler has both of his arc attacks and his push back. But regardless, someone make Mewtwo vs Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back