• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cole Cassidy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamanPatou

VS Battles
Administrator
As everyone interested in this knows, McCree's name has been changed to Cole Cassidy. (You can easily find confirmation on Google).
For this reason his main name should be changed, leaving McCree as something like "Formerly called/known as" in the name section.

Hm, you have a point here Saman.

Though imo I could wait for a moment when people around still call him McCree, to point out Blizzard is technically not against calling him like that (I remember they said that).

So It can comee down to 2 options.

1. Leave name "McCree" but also mention in profile that his real name is Cole Cassidy, in favour of most of fans that are still on side of calling McCree, McCree (like really, I see a lot people who still likes to call McCree by his previous name).

Or

2. Rename McCree to Cole Cassidy in honour of well, Blizzard/Activision trying to delete the reference to guy who also is suspicious in research I personally don't usually want to talk about tbh you guys who here know no less than me. But also still leave name McCree on name section like you said.

We technically also calling All Might by his real name instead of being recognised as, well, All Might. So yeah both options are fine to me want to see opinions of others.

(Btw don't want to delay thread but I also think Raz should be renamed from "Raz (Psychonauts)" to just Raz. Because like, if there was someone else who is called Raz that'll make sense but Raz is the only one who named like that).

The problem is that McCree has officially been cancelled from the game, as if it never existed, it's not about Cole Cassidy being an alternate or a real name (like All Might's civillian name).

McCree should become a redirect, exactly because it is more popular and many people are still attached to it.

The problem is that McCree has officially been cancelled from the game, as if it never existed, it's not about Cole Cassidy being an alternate or a real name (like All Might's civillian name).

McCree should become a redirect, exactly because it is more popular and many people are still attached to it.
Hmmmm, then that should be fair but still to reffer him as Jessie McCree in the name section as well.

So basically option 2 then, good to me.

Yes, Jesse McCree stays as "Formerly called/known as" in the name section.

The revision has been applied, the main name will be just "Cassidy", as the name calls him in that way, just like it used to call him just "McCree" instead of the full name Jesse McCree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back