• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Going back, Noah concentrated, her power over-applied as she hit the ground in multiple blows until she reached the sewer, making a large hole.

"our escape ticket" She said to others
As the group jumped into the sewer, the officers began to surround it before calling in backup to be sent down there. In the distance as the crowds were dispersing, one of them simply split off into a construction area with a manhole covering already opened.

"Can't let them get away. I've prepared for far too long!" Darren said while donning his mask before jumping in

As the group jumped into the sewer, the officers began to surround it before calling in backup to be sent down there. In the distance as the crowds were dispersing, one of them simply split off into a construction area with a manhole covering already opened.

"Can't let them get away. I've prepared for far too long!" Darren said while donning his mask before jumping in
Dene runs along with Noah, using his flowers to sense any enemy that could pose a threat.

Nutzlos on the other hand sinks further into the sewer, using it to see through things, akin to an x-ray.
(Basically it's the x-ray glitch in Minecraft)

Caleb notices the group had left. So they obscure their presence using their Contraband and start slowly making their way through the city.

The sewers were a dark, damp, and unpleasantly smelling place. The sound of scurrying rats and flowing water was very much apparent yet oddly enough, no drifters or lungfish were present in the area. So far, the sound of men screaming and running was unheard of, meaning they're not hunted down

yet

Still trapped in these monstrous forms and unable to make any intelligible noises, they now have a time to address this issue

The sewers were a dark, damp, and unpleasantly smelling place. The sound of scurrying rats and flowing water was very much apparent yet oddly enough, no drifters or lungfish were present in the area. So far, the sound of men screaming and running was unheard of, meaning they're not hunted down

yet

Still trapped in these monstrous forms and unable to make any intelligible noises, they now have a time to address this issue
"I think we lost them so any ideas on how we fix this problem so were not murdered by and angry mob." said Rizzuto.

yet

"I think we lost them so any ideas on how we fix this problem so were not murdered by and angry mob." said Rizzuto.
"There are not many threats from what I'm seeing," Nutzlos said, coming from underneath the sewers as he "runs" along with them.

"Woah, didn't know you'd be a Waterboarder yourself," Dene said, sprinting along with others.
His voice was heard as monstrous growls and roars, much to the confusion of his teammates
"Huh?" Dene asked, his face confused.

Last edited:
"I just need to find another way into the sewers without getting caught. How hard could it be..." Caleb carefully navigated themselves between buildings, looking at the streets for a manhole they could enter

Noah walked over and began to lift each one up, using their weight to figure out who was who.

Then she give them a piece of metal in the shape of the initial letter of their names, this so that they can be distinguished

Although she kept the letter W, as a sign that she was Noah the Waterboarder

Noah walked over and began to lift each one up, using their weight to figure out who was who.

Then she give them a piece of metal in the shape of the initial letter of their names, this so that they can be distinguished

Rizzuto looked at her confused before asking, "What's this for?" in his monster voice.

Dene made a crystal and shaped it in the letter D.

Nutzlos on the other hand simply remained intangible to the ground, making it as a sign that he's Nutzlos.

Noah moves a bit from being pushed but she doesn't care, she's probably going through a bad moment, so she left her letter aside, the V for Valentina and left, she was going to see something

"Huh, yo, Caleb, you hear me?" Noah tried to see how the connection was with caleb, since he had used his contraband on Noah before.

Caleb after searching for roughly 2.30 minutes found a loosely fitted manhole. They crawled over to it while still obscuring their presence, and slowly lifted the lid. They shifted their body in one limb at a time, making sure to lower the lid without making noise after they entered the sewers.

No answer from Caleb. Not yet anyway (As of currently, a connection can only be established if he shakes someone's hand. Touching alone isn't enough. I think marking is only required to amp someone, but I can't recall atm)

"Man it smells like shit in here. Oh right, no one can understand me.." Sofia followed closely after the group

Thanks to Caleb's exemplary hearing, they pick up the sound of footsteps through the maze-like sewer system. They start sprinting, holding down their shirt onto their bullet wounds to stop their bleeding as best they can. Thanks to the stealthy features of their Contraband, they don't need to worry about others seeing or hearing then as they make their way towards the group.

After catching their breath for a little, thy think they understand the purpose of the note, and start slowly, but cautiously following the group. Still on edge because of her current perception of herself and the lot of them.

Caleb after searching for roughly 2.30 minutes found a loosely fitted manhole. They crawled over to it while still obscuring their presence, and slowly lifted the lid. They shifted their body in one limb at a time, making sure to lower the lid without making noise after they entered the sewers.

No answer from Caleb. Not yet anyway (As of currently, a connection can only be established if he shakes someone's hand. Touching alone isn't enough. I think marking is only required to amp someone, but I can't recall atm)
Nutzlos managed to find Caleb and slowly approached him through the sewers. He starts to peek out a knife and pulls out a tape recorder.

"Hello my name is Nutzlos," the tape replayed the part in a loop, trying to see if he could communicate via other means.

(I guess it would be up to Pepper if Caleb can understand tape recorded messages. I assume since it messes with perception, probably not. But then again, it seems to only affect what SightBreakers want it to give. They could still understand the towns people just fine)

(I guess it would be up to Pepper if Caleb can understand tape recorded messages. I assume since it messes with perception, probably not. But then again, it seems to only affect what SightBreakers want it to give. They could still understand the towns people just fine)
(They don't get to have much)
"Hello my name is Nutzlos," the tape replayed the part in a loop, trying to see if he could communicate via other means.
The tape's sound distorted horribly, almost deafening everyone around before Nutzlos turned it off

"Shit", Noah thought before starting to write on the wall.

"We just need a psychic link, considering that the other waterboarders that were following us left, they probably won't show up here."

The tape's sound distorted horribly, almost deafening everyone around before Nutzlos turned it off
"They can't even understand the tapes... What's going on here? I know it's some sort of ability, but what is it?

First, when we arrived at the scene, we were viewed as some sort of monsters.

Second, it seemed like other of their abilities doesn't seem to work.

Third, the swat team appearing. Knowing the fact that pretty much every department on Earth is destroyed— according to the news and tapes, them appearing doesn't make sense either...

And now, all I'm seeing is a bunch of weird-looking monsters. The writing seems messed up and warped too.

Viewing... Appearance... Perception..."

Something in Nutzlos' mind clicked.

"Illusion... That must be it!

It's illusion!

If they were changing the appearances without making actual effect, then it should be a byproduct of illusion!

That's how they're able to get the upper hand, because they've used illusions to pit us against each other!

But the question is... How do we stop any of them?

Knowing they could've predicted that someone may have figured out their ability, they know that someone will target them soon enough, which is why they want to make us fight each other in order to prevent teamwork.

Attempting to tell them about this is futile, they've planned this from the start: to stop us from communicating with one another.

Maybe they too had figured it out, but the chances of that is slim to none. So I'm currently the only who can stop them.

The question is now... How do I find them?

Given Waterboarders are sentient, they must've a "need"... A "need" to stop me, to stop them from doing any damage...

I guess it's time to put that theory to the test..."

Having analyzed his surroundings, Nutzlos heads out to find the Waterboarder.

Noah noticed how Nutzlos moved, confused, she signaled to the others to follow him, since they could not be separated in these moments.
"Have they known about it too? No, that'd be too sudden. They may just want me to keep close..." he said to himself.

Knowing this, he continued going, using their action of following to insinuate something else.

Traversing through the sewer, the sound of running and yelling men were becoming noticeable, indicating that the S.W.A.T members were beginning to scour the place. Otherwise not much has changed until a particular turn on a tunnel which is when they heard a particular noise faraway, resembling a child of some sort.

"Here froggy~"

Coming out of the darkness, a single frog hopped towards them, letting out a croak before the one following it finally showed up. A little girl carrying a number of frogs stepped into the fray, barely paying attention to the group.

"There you are, don't ever leave me again" she said, picking the frog up before finally noticing the group.

"Oh... You are real"

Coming out of the darkness, a single frog hopped towards them, letting out a croak before the one following it finally showed up. A little girl carrying a number of frogs stepped into the fray, barely paying attention to the group.

"There you are, don't ever leave me again" she said, picking the frog up before finally noticing the group.

"Oh... You are real"
Noah saw the girl and began to think of two options; Kill her or she might leave her alone and unconscious.

Although she was a Waterboarder, Dene had softened her mind but that didn't mean she should trust children, especially when she took the form of one before meeting the group.

Noah saw the girl and began to think of two options; Kill her or she might leave her alone and unconscious.

Although she was a Waterboarder, Dene had softened her mind but that didn't mean she should trust children, especially when she took the form of one before meeting the group.
The little girl looked at the monster with what seemed like either fear or excitement, the group couldn't tell. She ran off at the sight of them as the frogs she carried leapt away, croaking and adding new ambiance to the sewer scene

Back