• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Noah jumped hard, she knew that electricity did not work well with rock and lava but that was not her plan, she in one last moment changed the morphology of her arm to a sharp weapon that separated from her body, this in order to pierce the aura of the Waterboarder to make truely damage

The bullets didn't seem to bother them much as their sheer heat evaporated the packets with their body taking the shards pretty easily. It did slow them down though as they slammed their hands into the ground, causing cracks to form. They stayed their as the ground started to shake and grow hot, it would soon grow to a point that those standing on it would have their feet burned.
Dene used the ratio of the monster to blow a powerful gust of wind, attempting to knock them away from the plane as he begins to distance himself.

Noah jumped hard, she knew that electricity did not work well with rock and lava but that was not her plan, she in one last moment changed the morphology of her arm to a sharp weapon that separated from her body, this in order to pierce the aura of the Waterboarder to make truely damage
The weapon struck them and inflicted a cut.
Jack started to freeze the area around the fireblazers to encase them in ice
The ice built around them due to the heat, creating a hollow cage
Dene used the ratio of the monster to blow a powerful gust of wind, attempting to knock them away from the plane as he begins to distance himself.
With the ice cage now around them, the knockback of the wind didn't affect them as much as the wall had slowed them. They roared as the ground started to crack, and magma began erupting from the ground all around them, from beneath all of their feet (More like from beneath the ground beneath their feet. They have some scattered rocks to stand on). It looked as if a volcano had erupted sending lava everywhere.

With the ice cage now around them, the knockback of the wind didn't affect them as much as the wall had slowed them. They roared as the ground started to crack, and magma began erupting from the ground all around them, from beneath all of their feet (More like from beneath the ground beneath their feet. They have some scattered rocks to stand on). It looked as if a volcano had erupted sending lava everywhere.
"Noah! Their advantage is on the air! Fling them up to the sky and leave them airborne! The monster's aggro is on me, so don't worry about getting their attention on you!" Dene said as he wrapped the monster with crystal vines as he creates a miniature forest, trying to pin them down.

"Noah! Their advantage is on the air! Fling them up to the sky and leave them airborne! The monster's aggro is on me, so don't worry about getting their attention on you!" Dene said as he wrapped the monster with crystal vines as he creates a miniature forest, trying to pin them down.
It roared and flailed its limbs. Making lava fling in several directions. If he's not careful he'll get splashed and burned
Noah smiled, ran off to do what Dene asked her to do and this time she used all her strength.
Their body was far hotter than their aura, if she's not quick her skin will char in moments. It does start to slowly raise from the ground. A good throw outta do the trick.

Jack followed up by freezing the magna ground and hellblazers lower body to prevent them from moving

It roared and flailed its limbs. Making lava fling in several directions. If he's not careful he'll get splashed and burned
"Tch! The lava Bowser ************'s getting on to the plane! Damn it!"

Dene ducked and rolled as he began covering the plane with more crystals as he exited to the other side of the vehicle.

"Yeah, I ain't getting burned again.." Sofia jumped up from her seat, grabbed onto the top of entrance/exit door, and swung herself up onto the top of the plane on the crystals.

"Problem is, there's not a lot of oil around to control right now... and even if there was the fire would burn it all up! If there was some deep underground though I could try collapsing a hole beneath them.."
"I coat that oil of yours with my crystal, make layers to it so they bust it all at once..." Dene said, as he summoned more crystals around his body.

"Right now, the crystal underneath then feet is going and digging a large hole... If we can trap it and make it fall, then seal the thing with sand, then that's gg right there..."

"I coat that oil of yours with my crystal, make layers to it so they bust it all at once..." Dene said, as he summoned more crystals around his body.

"Right now, the crystal underneath then feet is going and digging a large hole... If we can trap it and make it fall, then seal the thing with sand, then that's gg right there..."
"It might kill it, but I was more concerned with trapping it. I don't know if covering lava with dirt and sand is enough to extinguish it... but I'll try your idea. Problem is there's not enough oil around for me to do anything significant."

"It might kill it, but I was more concerned with trapping it. I don't know if covering lava with dirt and sand is enough to extinguish it... but I'll try your idea. Problem is there's not enough oil around for me to do anything significant."
"I don't know much about science, but there's some stuff there in the back that looks like oil...."

"What're we gonna do to stall for time? I'm in bad shape and you can't fight forever... actually, I think I've got an idea.."
"Well tell me what you have in mind before we get murdered by that giant ball of fire or the sea of creatures with sickles." said Rizzuto. Keeping them both in the air as long as possible to keep them from falling into the crowd of UoH.

"Well tell me what you have in mind before we get murdered by that giant ball of fire or the sea of creatures with sickles." said Rizzuto. Keeping them both in the air as long as possible to keep them from falling into the crowd of UoH.
"You're gonna have to land for this, but you should try making a dome of earth around us. It'll take them a long time to break through all of it and they might mine right past us if we make the center small enough."

"You're gonna have to land for this, but you should try making a dome of earth around us. It'll take them a long time to break through all of it and they might mine right past us if we make the center small enough."
I'll see what I can do but whatever your plan is you better hurry. said Rizzuto as he landed and swiftly formed a dome of earth making the outside as large as possible while keeping the center compacted around their forms before collapsing to his knees while carrying Caleb. "There that should keep them busy at least for a little while." said Rizzuto.

I'll see what I can do but whatever your plan is you better hurry. said Rizzuto as he landed and swiftly formed a dome of earth making the outside as large as possible while keeping the center compacted around their forms before collapsing to his knees while carrying Caleb. "There that should keep them busy at least for a little while." said Rizzuto.
While the sound of metal heard above made sense, it wasn't all of where that sound came from

The same was heard below them

"We have to hope that they'll take a long time and pass by us. The others should be done fighting whatever the hell that giant was, and then we can make an escape."

"We have to hope that they'll take a long time and pass by us. The others should be done fighting whatever the hell that giant was, and then we can make an escape."
"That's a decent enough plan but what are we going to do about the ones underneath us assuming they become a problem and there's not enuf earth underneath us to stop them from popping out the ground." said Rizzuto.

"That's a decent enough plan but what are we going to do about the ones underneath us assuming they become a problem and there's not enuf earth underneath us to stop them from popping out the ground." said Rizzuto.
"You can control earth, right? This is only a small bubble of a huge mass. If they find us, you can simply move us along with the bubble to anywhere in the mass. So even if they do find us we can rocket far away from them and be hidden somewhere else."

"You can control earth, right? This is only a small bubble of a huge mass. If they find us, you can simply move us along with the bubble to anywhere in the mass. So even if they do find us we can rocket far away from them and be hidden somewhere else."
"Only problem with that is this stuff is getting harder and harder to do but I see your point I wonder how everyone else is faring with the giant fireball." said Rizzuto putting down Caleb and siting him up next to him in the small pocket of the earth dome.

"Only problem with that is this stuff is getting harder and harder to do but I see your point I wonder how everyone else is faring with the giant fireball." said Rizzuto putting down Caleb and siting him up next to him in the small pocket of the earth dome.
"This is all so stressful. I can't wait till this mission is over..." They sighed

"This is all so stressful. I can't wait till this mission is over..." They sighed
As a cruel twist of fate, sickles bursted from below the ground and with one breakthrough, more followed suit until the two fell down into what is presumably the underground section of the power plant

Noah saw her feat but was left behind for a minute because her hands and part of her body were literally being burned.

"Aaaaaaaa" Noah yelled as she began to roll on the ground to put out the flames and then regenerate.

The Hellblaze was sent flying up, soon crashing down and splashing lava everywhere
The lave managed to land onto the plane, causing damage to the engine.
"Shit!"
Dene tried covering the plane with his crystals, but the lava hits one of his legs, slightly burning them.
"Kchh!!"
He tried mending it with his flowers, wanting to plug up the wound. It managed to dull the pain, but given his Contraband overuse, he's slowly losing stamina.

Noah after turning off began to regenerate, she accelerated her processes more than usual because she had lost almost her arms and part of her face, let's not talk about half of her hair.

After restoring herself to her normal form she looked around, seeing the Hellblaze, Sofia and above all, her Dene in trouble, she struggled to her feet and shot out in her true form.

Noah after turning off began to regenerate, she accelerated her processes more than usual because she had lost almost her arms and part of her face, let's not talk about half of her hair.

After restoring herself to her normal form she looked around, seeing the Hellblaze, Sofia and above all, her Dene in trouble, she struggled to her feet and shot out in her true form.
"Ah ****, not again...."
Dene facepalms himself as he laughs off the injury, looking at Sofia.

"Y'know those tropes where the girl gets angry if their lover just gets pricked a cactus? It's kinda what's about to happen..."

As a cruel twist of fate, sickles bursted from below the ground and with one breakthrough, more followed suit until the two fell down into what is presumably the underground section of the power plant
"God dammit!" said Rizzuto took Caleb in his arms as he and him landed inside the underground part powerplant.
(I have contributed something)

"God dammit!" said Rizzuto took Caleb in his arms as he and him landed inside the underground part powerplant.
(I have contributed something)
The entities quickly struck at the two at the moment of impact, their sickle tips aimed at the couple's limbs and torse

"Not this shit again! Can you leap back out?!"
"Already on it." said Rizzuto as he launched him and Caleb back up the hole and quickly sealed it with strong thick earth before collapsing backwards and saying, "I don't think I can do that shit again my head already feels like someone's running a jackhammer through it."

Back