• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"I'm kinda with Valent on this one. Not so much on the killing part, but she's entirely in the right to be suspicious of a ******' water boarder who just owned up to killing people and smiled about it. What part of that shit is trustworthy? Then the geezer lashes out at her for being reasonably pissed about being tricked? I say we take precautions or sit this one out."

"Efrain please calm down, how bout I take her with Chopper and Valentina this is an extraordinary case we need to see what we can learn from this." Damian says attempting to move between the two.

Last edited:
"I'm kinda with Valent on this one. Not so much on the killing part, but she's entirely in the right to be suspicious of a ******' water boarder who just owned up to killing people and smiled about it. What part of that shit is trustworthy? Then the geezer lashes out at her for being reasonably pissed about being tricked? I say we take precautions or sit this one out."
"Efrain's mad not because of the Waterboarder, it's because you kids are just bickering over some nonsense... It's not like we haven't got blood on our hands and call ourselves righteous... All of us had killed someone, one way or another... The same goes for them..." Paige said.

"Fine, fine, fine, if they both want evidence that I'm good, then I'll let you shoot me if I disobey an order of yours, Valentina, for this entire mission" Noah proposed with a Smile

"Paùl please calm down, how bout I take her with Chopper and Valentina this is an extraordinary case we need to see what we can learn from this." Damian says attempting to move between the two.
Efrain said nothing. He wasn't that angry at them, otherwise, they wouldn't've existed. More so just being slightly annoyed at them approaching this at an immature way.

"Efrain's mad not because of the Waterboarder, it's because you kids are just bickering over some nonsense... It's not like we haven't got blood on our hands and call ourselves righteous... All of us had killed someone, one way or another... The same goes for them..." Paige said.
(Crazy how she calls them kids even though Rizzuto is in his early 30's but whatever pop off king or queen in this case.)

"Paige, me and you are cool. But that's prolly the stupidest shit you've said since I've met you. It'd be ONE thing if the person we were working with bad no proof of being guilty. But this girl straight up admitted to eating ******* PEOPLE and smiled about it. And you're comparing it to us who have only fought or killed out of self defense? Eating innocent people are not at all ******* comparable. And you're saying we're kids for being reasonably nervous about our safety? You tried to put us on a mission with a self-admitted killer without telling us or trying to explain anything. No duh she's pissed. Maybe y'all need to be reasonable."

"Fine, fine, fine, if they both want evidence that I'm good, then I'll let you shoot me if I disobey an order of yours, Valentina, for this entire mission" Noah proposed with a Smile
"Miss, hear me out give that permission to literally anyone else in this room." Damian says.
Efrain said nothing. He wasn't that angry at them, otherwise, they wouldn't've existed. More so just being slightly annoyed at them approaching this at an immature way.
(Damian is not trying to say Efrain is mad but more that maybe it isn't the best impression to give the new recruit)

"Paige, me and you are cool. But that's prolly the stupidest shit you've said since I've met you. It'd be ONE thing if the person we were working with bad no proof of being guilty. But this girl straight up admitted to eating ******* PEOPLE and smiled about it. And you're comparing it to us who have only fought or killed out of self defense? Eating innocent people are not at all ******* comparable. And you're saying we're kids for being reasonably nervous about our safety? You tried to put us on a mission with a self-admitted killer without telling us or trying to explain anything. No duh she's pissed. Maybe y'all need to be reasonable."
"I gotta admit that you're right about her being a killer. But shouldn't have she eaten all of us if that were the case? Why did she make love to Dene if she was planning to eat him? I get that I should be pissed off at her too, and I'm very inclined to kill her had it not been for Soma. I'm simply being transparent here..." Paige explained.

"There are times when we have to set our differences aside... Noah may be a killer, but there's a much bigger threat than just her. You can settle this once this is over..." Efrain said, his serious gaze not fading.

Rizzuto deciding to say something said, "That's not enterally true I used to be part of the mafia and we didn't always kill people out of self-defense so if Noah's suspicious due to that reason I should be as well."

"Miss, hear me out give that permission to literally anyone else in this room." Damian says
"Nah, don't worry, I'm sure that by showing how willing I am to sacrifice, she'll understand, besides, Dene supports me and that's the only thing I need. And like the old man said, we have more serious things in game"

"I gotta admit that you're right about her being a killer. But shouldn't have she eaten all of us if that were the case? Why did she make love to Dene if she was planning to eat him? I get that I should be pissed off at her too, and I'm very inclined to kill her had it not been for Soma. I'm simply being transparent here..." Paige explained.

"There are times when we have to set our differences aside... Noah may be a killer, but there's a much bigger threat than just her. You can settle this once this is over..." Efrain said, his serious gaze not fading.

"Look, I have no beef with them. My issue is I don't trust her enough to work with them watching my back. If we took some precaution, sure. But you can't go around saying I'm childish for being concerned about my safety when being paired with someone who admitted to killin innocents and THEN smiled about it as if they found it amusing."
Rizzuto deciding to say something said, "That's not enterally true I used to be part of the mafia and we didn't always kill people out of self-defense so if Noah's suspicious due to that reason I should be as well."
"Your point is kinda ass. Cuz now I AM suspicious of you. You just admitted to killing innocent people. We should take precaution with you too. Only reason I don't feel you should be executed is cause I could squash you if it came down to a fight."

"Oh hello Eqowir, we were just discussing if should kill me or not" Noah said to her friend
"What? W- what's with the killin'? There ain't no killin' happen when I'm around!" Eqowir exclaimed
"Look, I have no beef with them. My issue is I don't trust her enough to work with them watching my back. If we took some precaution, sure. But you can't go around saying I'm childish for being concerned about my safety when being paired with someone who admitted to killin innocents and THEN smiled about it as if they found it amusing."

"Your point is kinda ass. Cuz now I AM suspicious of you. You just admitted to killing innocent people. We should take precaution with you too. Only reason I don't feel you should be executed is cause I could squash you if it came down to a fight."
"W- what's with the not trusting going on here?" she asked confusedly.

"What? W- what's with the killin'? There ain't no killin' happen when I'm around!" Eqowir exclaimed

"W- what's with the not trusting going on here?" she asked confusedly.
"Aye, what's goin' on h-here? I'm actually worried now..." Eqowir said as confusion turns into worry, her happy face turning into a frown.

"The past is ****** up, one wakes up on the beach as a 2.5 meter entity and does the same as the rest of Waterboarders due is your family, ate a few of people, learns about humanity, then you get bored of same cycle of killing people, change your mind, tried to be Good and end up going back to things from the past when We're supposed to be at a nuclear power plant" Noah tried to summary.

"I'd really love to see you try and for the record I said used I haven't done anything remotely close to that kind of stuff in a little over a decade and I've paid the price for my actions. Now all I see here is you pointing fingers like you have a right to judge how do we know we can trust you I mean you worked with Nuntius helped him with his ******-up plan even if he had your friend held hostage." said Rizzuto.
"Rizutto, you killed people..? Why haven't you told me this.."
Rizzuto sighed and said, "Yes regretfully I've killed people some deserved it others didn't I'm sorry you had to find out this way."

"The past is ****** up, one wakes up on the beach as a 2.5 meter entity and does the same as the rest of Waterboarders due is your family, ate a few of people, learns about humanity, then you get bored of same cycle of killing people, change your mind, tried to be Good and end up going back to things from the past when We're supposed to be at a nuclear power plant" Noah tried to summary.
"Oh, so you're a Waterboarder?" she asks.

"Yeah, she is," Dene said.

Eqowir sighs, looking at Valentina.

"I've had people talk about this to me once, so uhh... Can you all hear me out? I don't want my customers to be like this..."

"Can we quit acting like its irrational to be hesitant about being paired up with a self admitted criminal? It seems even more suspicious that we weren't told about this beforehand. As if we were being set up. And we should quit using the excuse that there's a bigger matter at hands. No there isn't. When you learn of the number 1 suspect of being a traitor is your partner in a mission, THAT becomes the biggest matter. Your mission goes to shit if halfway through the traitor ***** everything up."

"Can we quit acting like its irrational to be hesitant about being paired up with a self admitted criminal? It seems even more suspicious that we weren't told about this beforehand. As if we were being set up. And we should quit using the excuse that there's a bigger matter at hands. No there isn't. When you learn of the number 1 suspect of being a traitor is your partner in a mission, THAT becomes the biggest matter. Your mission goes to shit if halfway through the traitor ***** everything up."
"Guys please, j- just stop..." Eqowir exclaimed.

Noah just sighs.

"Well, at least I'm not dead now" she thought to herself.

"Yes, I know it's bad, I know I shouldn't have eaten those people, but tell me, if I am here, surrounded by people with contraband capable of atomizing me, with several opportunities to escape but I'm still here, it's because I want to improve the things"
"Don't worry, it's not like this has leaked out, that would be total chaos"

"Well, if your so against the mission due to having to work with a Waterboarder and a former criminal then maybe you just should leave." said Rizzuto.
"Your right sorry for this miss Eqowir this argument has gotten quite heated we should just calm down." said Rizzuto.

"I'd really love to see you try and for the record I said used I haven't done anything remotely close to that kind of stuff in a little over a decade and I've paid the price for my actions. Now all I see here is you pointing fingers like you have a right to judge how do we know we can trust you I mean you worked with Nuntius helped him with his ******-up plan even if he had your friend held hostage." said Rizzuto.

"You're not that guy. Quit acting like you're a exhibisionist, because I can assure you when I turn you into a ******* paste you won't be happy to see me try, bud. Anyway, you just explained it yourself on why I was working for the guy. Not that I said you should trust me anyway. I never said you have to. Just that I'm not goin on this mission with THAT CHICK if we don't take appropriate precaution. That's all I want. Even sending her in on the mission with different people on a separate plane would be fine. We don't need to tie her up and hold her at gunpoint. And quit acting like doing something horrible can be excused by it being a long time ago. Who cares if it was a long time ago? We shouldn't take risks, we don't know if you've changed."

"You're not that guy. Quit acting like you're a exhibits ironist, because I can assure you when I turn you into a ******* paste you won't be happy to see me try, bud. Anyway, you just explained it yourself on why I was working for the guy. Not that I said you should trust me anyway. I never said you have to. Just that I'm not goin on this mission with THAT CHICK if we don't take appropriate precaution. That's all I want. Even sending her in on the mission with different people on a separate plane would be fine. We don't need to tie her up and hold her at gunpoint. And quit acting like doing something horrible can be excused by it being a long time ago. Who cares if it was a long time ago? We shouldn't take risks, we don't know if you've changed."
"Sofia, please... Just... stop, it doesn't have to be like this..."

"You're not that guy. Quit acting like you're a exhibisionist, because I can assure you when I turn you into a ******* paste you won't be happy to see me try, bud. Anyway, you just explained it yourself on why I was working for the guy. Not that I said you should trust me anyway. I never said you have to. Just that I'm not goin on this mission with THAT CHICK if we don't take appropriate precaution. That's all I want. Even sending her in on the mission with different people on a separate plane would be fine. We don't need to tie her up and hold her at gunpoint. And quit acting like doing something horrible can be excused by it being a long time ago. Who cares if it was a long time ago? We shouldn't take risks, we don't know if you've changed."

"Alright, I'll go on another plane if it's necessary for everything to calm down"

"Sofia, please... Just... stop, it doesn't have to be like this..."

"Look, I ain't trying to pick a fight Eqo, honest. I just feel it shouldn't be a big deal that I wanna take safety precautions because someone who's admitted to doing sketchy things with a smile on their face is my partner for a mission. And I don't want this "trust me" bullshit excuse, because that's what a traitor WANTS you to do. Yea, she hasn't attacked anyone yet, but a traitor doesn't strike instantly either! They WANT you to think they wouldn't do anything. Ill trust her AFTER I've been on some missions with her, but right now, I'm justifiably worried, right? I promise not to escalate things further for you since we're cool, but I definitely feel we should address these concerns..."

"You know what let's just go on the damn mission and get this shit over with I'm tired of this pointless argument it's obvious were not getting anywhere and we should stop before someone gets hurt." said Rizzuto. getting himself ready to go on the mission.

"Look, I ain't trying to pick a fight Eqo, honest. I just feel it shouldn't be a big deal that I wanna take safety precautions because someone who's admitted to doing sketchy things with a smile on their face is my partner for a mission. And I don't want this "trust me" bullshit excuse, because that's what a traitor WANTS you to do. Yea, she hasn't attacked anyone yet, but a traitor doesn't strike instantly either! They WANT you to think they wouldn't do anything. Ill trust her AFTER I've been on some missions with her, but right now, I'm justifiably worried, right? I promise not to escalate things further for you since we're cool, but I definitely feel we should address these concerns..."
"Then just go and do the safety precautions then," Eqowir said...
“You all have five seconds to before I start removing people who interrupt Eqowir.” Damian says annoyed.
"There's no need for that, please... Just hear me out," she said.

"Look, I agree with you being worried. I guess it's just that looming feeling that we see on the daily news whenever we see those... creatures, the same creatures that took our loved ones. I don't really believe that I can call them creatures evil or anything like that... I mean, just look at a crocodile and a dog. If that gator eats the lil' guy, would ya' say it's evil? The dang thing doesn't know a single dime about good or evil, it does this because it's in the nature of the thing to do so. And I'd argue it's the same for them, it's just that we're killin' them out of survival. It goes hand in hand really. They lure people by trickin' them; we do the same. Just two creatures tryin' to survive and coexist, that's how I see it."

Eqowir wasn't mad or sad about Noah being a Waterboarder, given she has seen Noah and Dene be together and not a single time did she see her threatening anything. It's clear in her eyes that she wasn't trying to argue or progress the ever-growing quarrel.
"You know what let's just go on the damn mission and get this shit over with I'm tired of this pointless argument it's obvious were not getting anywhere and we should stop before someone gets hurt." said Rizzuto. getting himself ready to go on the mission.
Dene simply walked along with Rizzuto, not saying a word.

Paige and Efrain both left.

"Why'd you have to do that on them?" she asks.

"Just like how a father disciplines his children, sometimes you have to be serious... I wish not to do the same thing I did back then... I apologize if I went out of control..." Efrain said, looking down as he continued walking with her.

"It's fine... No one blames you for what happened. I guess it's just the past coming back, right?"

"Indeed, I do not want the same thing to happen to them...." Efrain said, sadness painted across his face.

"Oh don't worry, Soma has entrusted them his will. There's no way he'd do that to those kinds of people for no reason..."

Back