• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"Ah, **** this!" Dene went away with Noah and rushed in, searching for the police, with his gun in hand.
Noah was surprised, she didn't expect Dene to be willing to take the police out of the game like that, but she supposed that in this situation they don't have many options, so she went with him in search of the police
Rizzuto tried his best to hide in the shadows of the sewers waiting to jump out the shadows to ambush and kill the officers pursuing if need be.
Exiting the tunnel, they got to view the officers who quickly began to open fire while some split away

Noah smile, and decided to play along, she took out a Glock that she only used in situations like these and started shooting.

"Well, let's see if you all can keep up with me."

Noah smile, and decided to play along, she took out a Glock that she only used in situations like these and started shooting.

"Well, let's see if you all can keep up with me."
The bullets hit some of Dene's arms but managed to roll as he shot one of them with his STEN.

"Heh, still got'em po po's huh?" he said to himself, a reminder of his old gangster days.
Their bullets seemingly bounced off, presumably due to their bulletproof armor

Noah got annoyed, ready she change her strategy against the soldiers, for a moment she used her intagibility to let go through the ground itself, to then appear behind them and connect strong blows in them

Noah got annoyed, ready she change her strategy against the soldiers, for a moment she used her intagibility to let go through the ground itself, to then appear behind them and connect strong blows in them
She felt a taser zap her back, electrocuting her badly as the officers began beating her down with nightsticks

She felt a taser zap her back, electrocuting her badly as the officers began beating her down with nightsticks
Noah chuckled slightly, the electricity barely bothered her but the strikes with nightsticks were essentially useless, the girl's body readjusted so that spikes came out shattering the nightsticks and with a light touch she returned the shock 3 times more powerful

From an outside and barely knowledgeable view, it could be said that she had quite varied Contraband.

Dene tries getting close but gets electrocuted.
Yet his figure had been hidden all along. All that was left on the ground was just a gun and a dying flare

As Valentina stood there, she suddenly felt a sharp pain through her shoulder
"Dangit! I'm too far!" Nutzlos exclaimed, trying to get there as fast as he can.

"Is that the one who caused the illusions? No, that probably is just one of us... Or maybe not... Just by looking at their silhouette, the appearance should be that of a human, using a sharp weapon no less.

But if that's so, then shouldn't they be able to release or use a Contraband?

Now that I think about it, only my power is still unaffected by the illusion while the others' powers are affected by it too. That only proves my hunch somewhat correct, at least 80% accurate to the real answer. The question is, how does the illusion work?

I know that it involves sight and perception, but there's more to it than just that. I saw the group try to make constructs, only to fail. They weren't nullified as that would make me unable to fuse with the ground too. So it has to be with the illusion of not being able to make the constructs, akin to subliminal messaging, where it tricks the brain into thinking they can't do it when in reality, they can...

Given the circumstances under which my power works, it's impossible to be affected by the illusion as it doesn't produce any effect. The "Casted" tag is simply an indicator, like those visual markers on a map or longitudes/latitudes. They are only there to act as a legend and don't exist in the real world...

With that in mind, this person shouldn't have a Contraband... Why else would they be attacking with a gun and a knife? Could they be hiding one, so that no one would know how it works? That's unlikely, otherwise, they would've killed whoever that is they're attacking.

So it must be the work of the girl I saw earlier... They exude such an extreme aura, like how a Waterboarder makes their presence known." he thought, analyzing Darren as he began back tracking on his previous assumption.

"Then that means, my target hasn't changed...!" Nutzlos then switches routes, looking for the little girl as he casted his Contraban once again to recharge the "Casted" tag onto himself.

Noah chuckled slightly, the electricity barely bothered her but the strikes with nightsticks were essentially useless, the girl's body readjusted so that spikes came out shattering the nightsticks and with a light touch she returned the shock 3 times more powerful

From an outside and barely knowledgeable view, it could be said that she had quite varied Contraband.
Dene tries getting close but gets electrocuted.
As the officers fell, some managed to pull on their flashbangs which exploded into a bright flash and deafening sound

As the officers fell, some managed to pull on their flashbangs which exploded into a bright flash and deafening sound
That upset Noah, that's really bad for them.

She closed her eyes and ears, lucid and recreated them in a matter of seconds due to her versatility with the shapeshifting ability, she smiled hoping that her smile be manifest in the illusion in the most terrifying way possible, right now she was showing how a simple solitary Revolt can be too much for humans without Contraband and not prep.

She grabbed one by the leg and started using it like a human baseball bat against the others S.W.A.T. guys

She grabbed one by the leg and started using it like a human baseball bat against the others S.W.A.T. guys
(I mean, the ones nearby are already passed out from Noah zapping them back. Everyone else is far away)
Rizzuto quickly closed his eyes and covered his ears before jumping out the darkness and ambushing the officers killing some of them an injuring others with his guns.
(That's not exactly enough. IRL flashbangs are bright and loud enough to bypass just closing your eyes and ears)

(Well, I didn't know that)
(So, you gonna edit that?)
That upset Noah, that's really bad for them.

She closed her eyes and ears, lucid and recreated them in a matter of seconds due to her versatility with the shapeshifting ability, she smiled hoping that her smile be manifest in the illusion in the most terrifying way possible, right now she was showing how a simple solitary Revolt can be too much for humans without Contraband and not prep.

As she fought on, reinforcements were wheeled in as more officers populated the tunnel, continuing their shooting

(So, you gonna edit that?)

As she fought on, reinforcements were wheeled in as more officers populated the tunnel, continuing their shooting
Noah did not stop by the bullets, her body became indestructible against normal weapons, right now the poor SWAT are in front of a true monster, she hit each one until she beat all the enemies, but she kept the promise she made to Dene, she did not kill them, but they will not be able to continue doing their military service for years

Noah did not stop by the bullets, her body became indestructible against normal weapons, right now the poor SWAT are in front of a true monster, she hit each one until she beat all the enemies, but she kept the promise she made to Dene, she did not kill them, but they will not be able to continue doing their military service for years
"Noah, babe, we can stop now... It's over...."

His voice was gentle, appearing as she killed the SWATs, Dene appeared. The illusion broken as he approached her, wounded.

While Noah and Dene were having there sweet moment in the background Rizzuto was dazed and rubbing his eyes from the intense light that assaulted him from earlier.

She let out a pained and annoyed groan "ARRRGH! What the hell?!" She grabbed her shoulder that felt the pain, examining it.
Jack went to examine the wound as well having some medical training from his past job
Unbeknownst to them, the gun and flare that had fallen was picked back up and reloaded, a series of silent shots piercing the survivors in their knees and shoulders

While Noah and Dene were having there sweet moment in the background Rizzuto was dazed and rubbing his eyes from the intense light that assaulted him from earlier.
Dene signaled Noah to follow Rizzuto.
Unbeknownst to them, the gun and flare that had fallen was picked back up and reloaded, a series of silent shots piercing the survivors in their knees and shoulders
"Tch! I have no time, I have to find the Waterboarder, fast!" Nutzlos exclaimed, going through the sewers as he goes finding the target (Marcy).

Understanding the situation, Noah knew they have to get out and get rid of the sightbreakers or at least find the head in command, then she looked further down the sewer.

She made a move for both Rizzuto and Dene, so that the three moved to find the others.

Back