• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Code Lyoko Discussion Thread

Its been a long time since I've watched the show and I never watched Evolution.

But I do remember it had a really nice theme song.

@Phoenix

You should rewatch it man it's so great. But not Evolution. And yes the theme song is amazing.

@Darkmon

Not the place for it.

@Darkmon Of course you can. But unless you actually back up your disagreement with reasoning, your statement means nothing.

That's what I mean by it (my bad for not clarifying). We've been over this before and I gave reasons and explainations for why they can be rated as they are.

never meant for it to mean anything Lyoko isn't Important enough to me to go thruo the stress of makeing A reivision thread.

@Darkmon Then probably don't even bother making such statements if you aren't willing to back them up with any sort of reasons in the absolute slightest.

For one, you did the same thing in a previous thread and I gave counters to every single bit of it so I'm not repeating myself again. But I'll say this:

Again, world and universe are used in the same sequence they both mean the same thing and we treat both the same in almost all cases unless it's specific. Lyoko is referred to as a virtual universe multiple times in the series so they aren't just "guesses". Especially after Jeremy becomes more aware of it and he's one of the most intelligent characters in the franchise. He'd have no reason to use incorrect terms if what he was describing didn't match what he was calling it. And it's not just him, others like Aelita call it a universe as well.

Darkmon cns said:
I already told you I didn't want to start I also notice you didn't address the first part.
Because i already addressed it before and im not going to waste time explaining it again.

I'll look into that later as X.A.N.As soon getting a hax upgrade which got accepted. When I get the chance I'm gonna do the additions.

How about I actually start a discussion.

Code Lyoko is the second best french cartoon I have ever seen, just behind wakfu.

Also one of the more interesting. Always liked the VR concept, it is just the best part is that Xana is the best villain.

Period.

Also, the government guys were sadly not as well explained as I hoped...

I think the reason why I didnt like it at all was that it tried to be a cartoon in humor and style, but it was live action.

I dont hate live action adaptations, heck I even think the death note movie is good.

But when it is too accurate to the source material, it leads to problems.

Its been a long time since I watched it, but I sill remember the theme song though.

I never watched evolution though.

KinkiestSins said:
The Phoenix Wright movie was very accurate towards its source material, excluding some backstory changes, but it managed to be fun. Not sure if I'd call it a good movie, but an entertaining movie.

Darkanine said:
KinkiestSins said:
The Phoenix Wright movie was very accurate towards its source material, excluding some backstory changes, but it managed to be fun. Not sure if I'd call it a good movie, but an entertaining movie.
That is the crux of the matter imo.

I am not a big fan of being too accurate to the source material if it is goofy or cartoonish in the first place.

Phoenix Wright movie was entertaining, but not great.

Code Lyoko Evolution was neither of these things imo.

I never watched Evolution. I had a feeling it wouldn't be very good just from looking at promotional material of it.

Darkanine said:
I never watched Evolution. I had a feeling it wouldn't be very good just from looking at promotional material of it.
It was bad imo.

Even those who liked it said it was okay at best.

I dont think it is downright terrible like school days, it is just in my opinion bad.

If that makes any sense.

I dont think it is downright terrible like school days, it is just in my opinion bad.

That's the weird yandere romance anime, right?

Darkanine said:
That's the weird yandere romance anime, right?
Yes. It is basically guy cheats on girl, girl a kills him.

Isn't Code Lyoko Chronicles eventually coming out?

And apparently there are books that actually continue the series aside from Evolution.

I'm bringing this back with a question, do you think Code Lyoko (Not counting evolution) had a satisfactory ending?

It's been a long time for me as well but it had what it needed for an ending, X.A.N.A defeated and the Supercomputer finally being shut down.

Indeed I think most finales should at the very least finish what you've been trying to do since near the start

Back