• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired
Okay so I've told you dudeds about Coolie's super specific, very high end Low 2-C feat, right?

The thing is, I don't recall any solid indication that Coolie's power is "growing" throughout the game at all. Why do I mention this? Well...

• Chatterteeth makes an appearance as an enemy and as a killable NPC (twice) that can be fought (Every NPC in the game can be fought and killed)
  • Vermillus Maximus also makes an appearance as a fightable NPC
  • Towards the end of the game, Coolie recieves a Talkative Revolver (AKA Genie ). In this portion of the game he goes through several strange abstract rooms, some of which are full of clones of himself, which Genie can be used to kill. These clones even spout lines like "I'm you from Map 323" or "Each night you are killed and each morning an impostor with your memories is sent to replace you", or bare names like "Myself" or "Step-Self". In other words, Genie is capable of killing opponents who yield the same durability as Coolie.
Also, if that's not enough....

So yeah...

Genie, Vermillus, and Chatterteeth should all scale to Coolie via being able to hold their own against him/clones of him. And Chatterteeth fought on par with Genie at the end of Gingiva. Like I mentioned before, I don't recall there being any indication that Coolie's power was growing throughout Where They Cremate the Roadkill; at the time I just wanted an excuse to still have Coolie at 4-B because that was my favorite tier and I didn't want to drop Tier 4 because finding matchups for haxless High 3-A characters is difficult enough.

And I'm inclined to believe that Coolie's defeat of Emn is an outlier, considering Emnn, as ironic as it may seem, is literally god by the end of the game.

Not to mention that there is an enemy in Middens named Quiddity, who states that he is capable of transcending time and space. Genie and the Time Nomad can fight and defeat him. Not as solid of a feat, which is why I'm just casually mentioning it, but it's something.

So, Coolie gets all of the keys removed from his profile, and they all get replaced with a single Low 2-C key. Chatterteeth, Vermillus, and Genie all scale, thus all of those who scale to these three characters in any way will get the upgrade to Low 2-C.

This includes BoG Emnn because he created a Genie.

I'll handle all of these revisions if someone can unlock the profiles for Coolie, President Elect, and Emn for me.

Seems fine to me. Would that affect everyone that's High 3-A?

Also, regarding Emnn, is it really that contradictory? People beating gods (Even a monotheistic one) is not uncommon in fiction.

Yeah every High 3-A character will get affected by the upgrade.

Well if we upgrade Coolie to 2-B it would mean the Genie that Emnn created at the beginning of Roadkill would also have been 2-B since it's the same Genie that could be used to fight Emnn. Thus that would induce circular scaling by saying BoG Emnn is on the same level as EoG Emnn.

Huh, so the Vermis Worm feat is now worthless.

GG,

Either way these changes seem fine.

Low 2-C Sockpuppet gg

I do not have an opinion about this, but can unlock the profiles after you have all come to a decision.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Huh, so the Vermis Worm feat is now worthless.
Nah, if I ever make any more profiles for basic enemies (which most likely will happen), they could still scale to the Vermis Worms.

Take this statement from Genie:

Virmiforms5
"Lower order than even the worms" seems to imply that the Vermis Worms are some of the weakest entities that populate The Rift. "Of these most are only figments of the rift's fancies" implies that you literally have to be a figment of The Rift's imagination in order to be inferior to the Vermis Worms.

So pretty much everyone could scale to them, at least getting a "possibly High 3-A" getting added to the rankings on their profiles.

Okay then. I'll start revising the profiles and close the thread once I'm informed that the profiles are unlocked.

I've made all the revisions I can. Ant, I'll let you know tomorrow when I'd like the profiles unlocked.

I am finished with the profiles for Emnn and President Elect. I've got schoolwork to do right now so I'll ask you to unlock Coolie's profile later.

Okay. I will lock those two profiles then.

Okay. I will unlock that instead. You always have to write the full title for my page-locking/unlocking script to be able to handle it.

Okay. Is there anything left to do here, or should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back