• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Clouds being burnt

Yeah so basically: A character in the series I'm viewing upon appearing on the Earth caused Heaven and Earth to be set on flames, which caused the oceans to be vaporized, and clouds to be dissipated. Now here's the problem, I'm not entirely sure how to calculate clouds being dissipated by heat nor the atmosphere being set on flame :teriderp: help appreciated

Sounds like the clouds were vaporized.
In this cause, you could probably just use the total water mass (which would include all the oceans, water vapor in clouds, and glaciers)

There's roughly 1.386 billon cubic kilometers of total water on Earth. That's 1.386e+24 cubic centimeters
It takes 2,575 joules to vaporize one cubic centimeter of water

1.386e+24 x 2,575 = 3.56895e+27 joules; 853 Petatons
High 6-A

There's roughly 1.386 billon cubic kilometers of total water on Earth. That's 1.386e+24 cubic centimeters
It takes 2,575 joules to vaporize one cubic centimeter of water

1.386e+24 x 2,575 = 3.56895e+27 joules; 853 Petatons
High 6-A
The atmosphere was also basically burnt, I think?. The original line was something around the lines of "Then the God of Fire was born. All things were set ablaze the moment he appeared. He made the waters vaporize, and the clouds dissipate, and everything in Heaven and in-and-on Earth was swallowed up by his flames." (excuse my really weird phrasing idk how to make chinese wording logic work in english) which should include the atmosphere given that Heaven in this case is a physical place above the Earth 🤔

I'm not actually sure how one could "burn the atmosphere". You cannot really burn gas, only ionize it into plasma.

But burning something and ionizing are two completely different things. Though we do know that the entire ocean was vaporized, which is High 6-A by it's lonesome.

Could always put "At least High 6-A" or something.

You probably COULD use specific heat, and find how much energy it takes to raise the global temperature to "fire temperature", which I believe we typically use 1,200°C

Mass of atmosphere = 5.148e+18 kg
Global temperature = 20°C
Change in temperature = 1,200°C - 20°C = 1,180°C
Specific heat capacity of air = 1,003.5 j/kg*C

Formula = Q = mcΔT
Q = Heat energy
m = Mass of substance
c = Specific heat capacity
ΔT = Change in temperature

Q = 5.148e+18 x 1,003.5 x 1,180 = 6.0959e+24 joules; 1.45696 Petatons
6-A

Less impressive than vaporizing the oceans, oof.

Last edited:
Back