• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Uhh this is kinda a stomp with what I just mentioned since Cloud won’t be able to heat that regen at all

Also, Cloud should lose his mid godly negation, that got retconned.
The issue with that is... we still don't know how Sephy came back this time around, the Remake hasn't fully revealed the deal with Sephiroth yet. While Cloud losing his Mid-Godly neg is a possibility, so is Sephy getting an even more broken Regen as of now, It's the reason why I haven't really touched the matter myself. Unless I am missing something. I was thinking on bringing it up for the next CRT regarding VII regarding abilities and hax as well, tbh.

Even without negating Sephiroth's regeneration, Cloud and the party still negate up to Low-High by being able to kill Jenova fragments and render them unusable for the Reunion (long story short, Jenova gathers her cells from around the world to build a new body or turn into new weaker bodies by themselves, pieces killed by the party are gone for good and can't be recalled for this process)

Cloud in AC does have Materia, he doesn't use them during fights because those were stolen by the Remnants of Sephiroth. He was neglectful of them after two years of relative peace (and depression) but Staff Commentary of AC mentions he went to look for his collection after he realized the threat of the Remnants, but Loz beat him to it. Bahamut SIN is even among his new Materia, it's revealed On the Way to a Smile that he was the one who kept all the Materia the party gathered during the events of the original game (only shared some Healing ones with Yuffie).

Negate low high yeah but Meta Knight has Low Godly

I also don't see Sephiroth getting more broken regen, he wasn't erased conceptually, he doesn't have another stated immortality, and he even said at the end of AC that he would never be a memory which hinted he would return. And quite frankly I think its clear he time travelled back post AC what with the game beating you over the head that he is changing fate

MK has Low-Godly as a ghost doesn't he? At least, according to the profile, he has Mid normally and his ghost form needs to absorb life from a target to recreate a body (Cloud resists Life Manip but needs to be aproved in CRT to be on his profile). I may be missing something, but, it has that caveat. Cloud can kill ghosts and souls, he explicitly destroyed Sephiroth's spirit in the original game and he can Hax ghosts and spirits as well. If I am getting it right (being honest here, let me know if I am wrong) even if not negated, the limitations of Low-Godly are still the destruction of your soul, correct?

I think that's precisely the issue, everything is too vague regarding Sephiroth now and he's pulling crazy nonsense that had absolutely no place nor mention before in the narrative of VII, Time Travel, Fate, Timelines, a Primordial Dimension, coexisting alternate counterparts, so who's to say that Sephiroth now exists as a constant of chaos challenging the order within the universe that can't be erased by the flow of time and destiny or some of that pretentious yadda yadda Squeenix loves, the same way that Cloud could have fell short again, who knows?. While I don't disagree that Sephiroth's final words may be being used to tie into his new role in the Remake, but there is no information as to when he Time Travelled (was it at the end of AC or with DoC's stinger with Genesis' criptic message? for example) or how is he doing it exactly, we can simply guess and assume without real evidence until next chapters reveal what's the deal.

It’s made more then clear enough that he is the same Sephiroth that returned, so that alone disqualifies mid godly negation until another reason is found.

Back