• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Clarifying the feats for 7-As in Pokemon

There's a difference between the wild pokemon found normally and the civilized Pokemon of PMD, but again, Team ACT isn't ordinary.

Actually, they're explicitly some of the strongest, aren't they?

SomebodyData said:
There's a difference between the wild pokemon found normally and the civilized Pokemon of PMD, but again, Team ACT isn't ordinary.
Actually, they're explicitly some of the strongest, aren't they?
You are correct.

They are consistently hyped as some of the strongest 'mons in the PMD Town.

However... They are also so strong, they could battle against Groudon, and even if lost, survived.

Edit: And I believe they did something similar with Mewtwo. But I never got to that point in the game, so can't say for certain.

That's pretty impressive. Kinda makes it seem PMD's Groundon may be weaker if the greatest feat is High 7-A, or could just be one of them lower-showings. Regardless, I think this really goes to show that Team ACT shouldn't be scaled to normal pokemon.

The real cal howard said:
I mean, they got stomped. They lived, but got stomped.
We never see the fight itself. What we know is that they lost and were scared. But still, survived long enough that the protagonists saves them.

SomebodyData said:
That's pretty impressive. Kinda makes it seem PMD's Groundon may be weaker if the greatest feat is High 7-A, or could just be one of them lower-showings. Regardless, I think this really goes to show that Team ACT shouldn't be scaled to normal pokemon.
Considering the mere waking of that Groudon was shaking half the known world-map, I wouldn't say weaker. ovo

there's also the Defog Feat, which is rated around 300 megatons, so Team ACT's Charizard's feat isn't very far above the showings of other pokemons

I will, btw, argue against the notion they were stomped:

The earthquakes start, Ninetales state the Earth's crust itself is shifting, which will awaken Groudon. Team ACT decide to go underground to stop him.

Couple of day passess...

The earthquakes continue, Team ACT still hasn't come back.

Couple of days pass again.

Team ACT have yet to comeback, and they form a special team to go save them.

The earthquakes continue, the team that was sent to save Team ACT couldn't even go through the dungeon and comeback defeated.

-

So yeah; that's at least a whole week they spent down there before the protagonists go and save them. Unless Groudon just decided to leave them be after knocking them down and just... Do nothing, they should've at least given enough fight to stay alive after a week. And we also know for a fact they have been battling up to that moment, as Alakazam is still fighting him when the main characters finally arrive.

Yeah that doesn't seem like a stomp.

@Overlord we accept defog? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's a move used by even non-evolved Pokemon, no? Sounds like it would either fall under outlier or just not be considered an attack move / environmental, which I'm pretty sure it canonically isn't.

EDIT: Using Defog to do the feat in Platnium / D&P requires 4 or 5 badges depending on the game, its safe to say that the trainer who used it has a well trained team anyways.

That moment when you're battling your childhood rival but accidentally destroy the sun.

Bruh, that is weirdly consistent. Even more so if I am remembering Sun and Moon's story correctly (you fight Nihlego before getting any tier 4's and were you supposed to have any when you fought Necrozma in the Ulta games?

To be fair, Tyranitar (from Team ACT) said that Groudon "crushed them", which isn't something you say about an opponent you fought for a week. When you eventually do get to Alakazam, he's wiped out in one attack. None of that implies they actually fought for a whole week. Chances are it's prolonged simply so the story doesn't feel rushed (since this would be right after the fugitive arc).

@GyroNutz

So they were there for a week doing... What, exactly? ovo

The real reason is that the writers didn't think it was that important to maintain continuity between scenes.

However, we are indeed left with the fact that Team ACT was in Groudon's lair for a few days. Alakazam, in particular, still standing and talking relatively casually, if agitated by the fact that Groudon is coming.

A stomp, imo, it was not.

So you are saying Alakazam could fight somewhat with Groudon? I guess it is kinda consistent with the games since you don't really have a legendary on you when you fight Groundon if memory serves.

Yeah, you could say the same about protagonist Pokémon considering how much they do. And why is it ridiculous, this happens in most main games eventually.

While I (somewhat) agree with you, the site consider this instances as outliers.

I have been some of the few in the past to support legendary Pokémon scaling to manga protags' 'mons, but the majority, as well as a couple of staff members, were against it.

Yeah, it happens way too often but we put our scaling first it seems and makes the setting fit into it.

Back