• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've noticed that MCU Hulk and Thor are both listed as City level. On Thor's profile, the reason given is that he "destroyed Sokovia". This contradicts the notification at the bottom of his profile which says that the feat was an outlier. I also can't find a link to any thread where this recent upgrade might have been approved.

It should probably be changed.

Originally the feat was accepted, then we decided that we didn't accept the feat (thus the note) but then due to some recent event people decided that the feat can be accepted again completelly forgeting the previously made points.To put it simply they forgot to remove the note when making the upgrade.

AidenBrooks999 said:
Wasn't the current upgrade due to the fact that Thor was in the epicenter?
I believe that was from his being at the epicenter of the Bifrost bridge explosion. I'd link the calc that was posted here but it is no longer available.

Can someone please calculate these

(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WbLI-mk6R-0) lightning bolt

(https://m.youtube.com/results?q=thor vs destroyer&sm=1) tornado

They might help confirm his attack potency as of an average 1.6 kilometer negative lightning bolt is on average 30000 amps and and 300000000 volts Which gives 9Terawatts of power right 1watt=1volt×1ampere? This small town level and that bolt is from Thor and looks more powerful . Even if sokovia explosion is not acceptable this should be, at least that's what I think?

For the second video if you stop quick enough at3:13 or 3:14 you will be able to see that the tornado is huge and could destroy the town which is town level right?And that explosion should be called

Lightning is on average only Building level, and tornados are usually only Multi-City Block level

Can you at least request a calc for me I don't know how

A normal lightning bolt last Like 30microsecs and contains like 5gigajoules of energy according to Wikipedia harvesting of lightning which is correctly building level

but this bolt lasted continuosly for like 12 secs and it could definitely destroy more than a building I mean watch the video again

I Linda agree with you on the tornado but please get a calc for me

I said the power energy per second (kgm^2/s^3)was 9 Terawatts for a1.6 km bolt so if it lasted 12 seconds it would be

Energy/time=power

Energy=power×time

Energy=(9×10^12)watts×12seconds

Energy=108 terajoules

The dimensions in the calc are in no way the same as those in the video

I meant kinda not Linda

On Ironman's page one of his various attack potencies is 8 gigawatts why can't that be applied to Thor but in this case 9 Terawatts

Because 9 terrawatts is only Small Town level, an inferior feat compared to the City level feat he performed

108 terajoules is only Large Town level

It could be a notable feat to be listed, I guess? Just so we can not forget to use that in case City level Thor could somehow be not accepted again.

My god our moodswings on these topics.

OK I noticed on other threads people see sokovia busting as an outlier or a chain reaction so this is just in case it is abolished

What do you mean by moodswings

We got City level Thor, thought it an outlier and went MCB Thor, then accepted City level Thor again.

I'm pretty sure i've calced Thor's "tornado" and it turned out to be Small Building level.

Jus search my blogs, you'll eventually find it.

Gemmysaur said:
We got City level Thor, thought it an outlier and went MCB Thor, then accepted City level Thor again.
Why was City level accepted again? It seems like it was changed back for no reason.

It was considered outlier at first due to high the rating was, but then Ghostrider happened and it was no longer seen as such.

That is correct, yes. Given that there was another feat of this level, it was not considered as an outlier anymore.

Thor was at the epicenter of the Sokovia explosion, and was unharmed. Therefore, anyone who cause significant damage to Thor gets City level scaling.

Thor needed outside help to reach the entire city with his lightning, which would hit the Vibranium Core and reverberate throughout everything, his power was in no way amped, and his lack of damage post-explosion proves it.

It also helps that we've found Multi-City Block level feats for Iron Man, and Ghost Rider also has a Tier 7 feat. So "outlier" is pretty much out of the question at this point.

This seems concluded then.

I'll be closing the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back