• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Church of the Second Hytoth 1-C addition

Kirinator07

He/Him
Scan:
I fell. I cannot tell you how long it was. Sometimes I would fall straight through worlds, and sometimes I would collide with them. There are not as many as I anticipated. I fell through certain worlds twice, and this is the ninth of the original worlds I have found.

Know, I fell for a very long time. There was no room for error. I was very tired of this. The new worlds taught me nothing, or rather, I learned of them all, but the knowledge led me nowhere. Nothing in one world was relevant in the next.

I know it is a sin to have a motive for knowledge, but there is something inside of me that isn't satisfied with learning for learning's sake.

Between worlds, in Limbo, I redirected my efforts to find the place below Limbo. The thing in God's memory. The same thing in the memory of the other gods. Even beyond limbo, beyond the fourth wall, beyond theirs, and continuing on until I am here again. It's like a big fishbowl.

There was something else. Knowledge that I could not find.

Could that thing have been hidden too well by its creator? Is there still hope? Again, I feel like this is all in vain. This is the last universe, the last universe in the Mesh that I have not yet consumed. If I learn nothing here, then what? What strange form will I take then? Will I have emptied all of creation? Is there really anything beyond or am I just imagining these screaming watchers of gods?

New rating:
at least Low Multiverse level, likely Complex Multiversal level (Aiv-Zon destroyed the The First Hytoth. The Holy Seven are comparable to the The Voruteut, who damaged the Second Hytoth, which contains several dimensions, and even those previously pertaining to the First Hytoth.[20] Each universe is like a "blanket", layered on top of one another, of which there are nine. On both sides of the universal staircase there is a void presumably being the Voru in which nothing exists where the void-like entities reside in[30])

I've heard that universes don't need to qualify for qualitative superiority since they are already within each other, which should grant qualitative superiority on its own.

Last edited:
I really should have paid more attention this when I could. This is kind of a mess.

Anyway a few things:

-Don't go overboard with scaling. Stuff that scales to the Hytoth cosmology should only be in those tiers in canons related to the Hythoth stuff. Absolutely no scaling all Pattern Screamers to this nonsense.

-The Second Hytoth lore is deeply interlinked with the Ad Astra canon, so stuff from that canon should apply here. By the same token, Third Law is considered canon to Ad Astra (but not the opposite).

-By that token, the Hytoth should absolutely be 2-A minimum. The Hole In Mars tale mentions an aleph number of existential planes, possibly more.

-I don't think the above scan is enough for Tier 1. Simply being inside another universe isn't enough unless said universe is infinitely larger than the one it contains. Plus there are several aspects of the lore that contradict this (such as wars between layers of reality, or SCP-6125 (though that one is debatably connected to Ad Astra shit)

-However, the Hytoth should be at least Tier 1. This tale of Ad Astra canon mentions at least three temporal dimensions, bringing the Hytoth to Low 1-C. There are several mentions of higher dimensions, up to 6, but I'm not sure if those would count for higher tiers. This article seems to imply that fourth-dimensional space exists across infinite alternate universes, so it might be the case. If so, the Hytoth would be Low 1-C, likely 1-C.

-The Voru as a whole is probably at least 1-A. It is likely equivalent or superior to the Outside, the interdimensional void of the Third Law. This void is described as being entirely concept-less, being beyond the duality of existence and nonexistence, and as being an "unspace" with no features or concepts. It would most likely be beyond any aleph number of existential planes, beyond any number of spatial temporal dimensions of the Hytoth and beyond the mental aleph numbers amount of information shown in Third Law.

-The Voru might be Tier 0 anyway. Ad Astra mentions the Noosphere, and while it is somewhat different in how the term is used, it's likely still possible to apply the Metafoundation Noosphere to it. This would make the concept-less void bigger than reality obviously Tier 0.

I'm also not entirely surely about the content of this profile, like the anomalies listed. The Second Hytoth church isn't Fifthism. It's not some reality-spanning force that drives so many entities under a single cause, it's just an alien church. And not a very organized one. Only entities and objects specifically used by members of the Church should be listed, not any objects or entities only vaguely related to the Church. By that token I don't think most of the gods listed on the profile should be included. Only the Holy Seven at best, and even then it's debatable if they should be considered allied of the Church or only worshipped. Right now this profile is just a big collection of Hytoth lore instead of a civilization profile and that's just not acceptable.

The Church of the Second Hytoth is also not the same as Ortothan beliefs in general. Not everything relating to Ortothan lore is under the Church's control. You'll have to choose if your profile should be Ortothan beliefs in general or just the Church. And the former would quite questionable to have, since the different factions aren't necessarily allies.

Last edited:
Back