• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chuck Norris vs. Giorno Giovanna

...it's extremely funny the way that because my arguments with J-Man are clashing so perfectly, we're actually the two of us getting FRAs and he's getting FRAs right below my answers to his arguments. I don't know how valid that is (which is why I'm adding the parentheses for associated votes that will crumble down should one of us concede to the other's points), but it's certainly pretty interesting.

By the way, I'm not adding to the parentheses votes that have at least some level of justification or argument more than an FRA as I believe these should remain valid should the debater supporting them change vote.

TheJ-ManRequiem+3(Rikimarox2(?), DragonEmperor23, Yeahboiii123 and Veloxt1r0kore) and Eficiente for Giorno.

Mand21+1(Dziga), Deadmemeguy and Sir Ovens for Chuck.

2 (6 unless J-Man concedes) versus 3 (4 unless Mand concedes).

Okay, I'm actually calling BS on this. I just literally finished another attempt at rebuking J-Man's points. All votes are FRAing him in some way, even though I'm pointing fallacies on his arguments every time he makes one. What's the point of grace if you guys can just ignore arguments and keep FRAing the winning side right after a rebuttal to which they didn't respond yet? Sure, it might be considered as having began in 03:34 of GMT, but if J-Man concedes to my points and switches sides then six or seven votes might go to shit and we'll even have a full blown tables turn. But at this point it would be easy for anyone to just not concede and let the FRAs accumulate against me even while I'm arguing so that so long as the sole argument everyone is FRAing towards doesn't fall, a win is guaranteed by sheer amount of votes supporting it.

Do you have any idea how frail that is?

Is Giorno's willpower Manip instant or thought based?

If it's instant then Chuck won't be able to use law-manip.

Instead of replying entirely to that posting my points for ger becayse dont exactly have time to write a thesus for this at now .

1.Pasive hax is useles . Ger can negate the efects of the hax instantly and be unhindered. Death hax would end giorno but would not efect experience fast enough to wher it does a thing that would efect any part of the batle .

2.Manipulation of wil power makes his oponent quite literably powerless and wont even want to do or act . Any of chucks powers that may potentially counter experuemce wont be ysed because of that .

3.Ger can prevent acts before the act happened of which he can do on his oponent doing g any form of hax . He can make his oponent making an action zero taking away from waiting for an oponent do a thing prior of requiem doing a negation .

4.Chuck has quite literally zero idea on what ger does and while he potentially may have a way of which may shut down ger down he wouldnt do that as he would have no clue which potential abiluty he can do that with and the only way which he would figure that would be after will power and all potential acts are negared .

5. He doesnt lead with hax on batle scenarios mand he leads with a kick .

6.Ger always leads a batle with causuality and potentially will manipulation .

My point was from Al of examples of fear manipulation the fear was akways directly a cayse of him being so powerful and the examples have no counter and hold zero potential threat and thus have the right be whike requiem doesnt .

Ya wanting to go with him leading with a thought based move (often and from what could see he doesnt do from combat ) he would must 1. Be aware of what law hes making to prevent ger from doing his one thought lead which prevents his oponent from doing any move . 2. Be faster on the draw. 3.Do so while not blodlusted abd from what ive loked at he doesnt even do that normaly for most things mand .

Oponent leading with a thought move would force an inconclusive but at which point resulting factor would be "what move based on thought would be faster" of which there ya cant even tell .

Quite obviously he wouldnt lead with law manipulation though because he wouldnt be aware of what he must orevent meaning he doesnt while even know what law he must dp also being a not quite common move .

Unless he does a different lead with thought activation that would defeat ger .

May obviously not respond fast. Renovating my thing .

@Jman is his willpower instant or thought based

Moreover, can his stand be affected by the passive fear manip

Obviously should mention that when he gets efected from ger he cant do any thing after especially post will manipulation as he lacked a resistance feat on that aspect of hax and ability .

Until my questions get answered I think Mand21's arguments are overall stronger, I'm voting for Chuck rn FRA

TheJ-ManRequiem+4(CaptainFinniga(?), Rikimarox2(?), DragonEmperor23 and Veloxt1r0kore) and Eficiente for Giorno.

Mand21+1(GyroNutz, Mr. Common Sense and Dziga), Deadmemeguy and Sir Ovens for Chuck.

2 (4~6 unless J-Man concedes) versus 3 (6 unless Mand concedes).

Now, uh, let's see what else do I have to say before resting my case for now or something (?).

1 - Passive hax activates before instantaneous or thought-based hax. If such hax delays or hinders thought proccesses, a gap is opened for attacking with new hax.

2 - Such manipulation requires thought. Because of point 1, Chuck will have defenses activated before this manipulation can be used, thus parrying it.

3 - Chuck can also go back in time, rendering this advantage null, and causality manipulation executed on the present to affect someone's past does not ignore defenses activated on the present or past. That's because they are affecting a present effect and manipulating its past causes based on what's already there. However, going back in time to erase a cause could ignore defenses set up in the present, but then again, that advantage is null.

4 - So does GER lack an idea of what Chuck does, but look at this: Chuck only needs to believe that GER cannot affect him and it's game over. He doesn't need to know the specifics of the fact he wants to crush, just set up Law Manipulation as a shield, a wall his opponent must cross before getting to him.

5 - The three haxes he uses are far too effortless (two of them are passive) to be counted as "leading with". While Chuck doesn't lead with death hax in fights, one could assume that this is pretty much because it's not a fight when he ends it with death hax. Death hax is passive. Law manipulation is however not something Chuck uses to kill, but ass an assist tool. And fearhax is passive. Therefore, leading with these three haxes doesn't violate his character.

6 - Thanks Norris Chuck will make him hesitate and thus be faster at activating his own hax, eh?

7 - It's not because he's strong, but because he is extremely intimidating. This may come from his strength, but it should be understood that it's separate. Not to mention the fact that if Chuck's fearhax would allow him to defeat an opponent, then by all intents and purposes Chuck is stronger than that opponent and thus can intimidate with fearhax. The question of whether or not Chuck will be able to use his fearhax on a weaker opponent opens the recursive can of worms of his fearhax being itself one element of what makes him so strong, so you should view this as the fact he is very intimidating.

8 - He doesn't need to be aware of what he needs to. Chuck clearly sees himself as superior, so when I say he'd have the opinion that he is better/can't be affected, this is an automatic thought, almost a core belief, which in itself protects Chuck from other people's haxes the moment the fight begins.

9 - Law Manipulation is not being wielded as a weapon, but wore as armor. Its uses as a weapon would occur should the battle draw out for longer. It won't.

I'm Going for our daddy Chuck Norris, his Death manipulation can't be negated because Giorno would be dead at that point. Also his passive fear hax is pretty broken.

Giorno is affected by Chuck's fear hax, and then Norris just Death haxxes Michael Corleone.

Yes but GER's existence depends upon Giorno being alive. Killing the user is one way to stop an otherwise unstoppable stand, such as Made in Heaven

Technically, there are Stands that can exist without their user such and Notorious B.I.G. and Silver Chariot Requiem, the latter being the same form of stand GER is.

Back