• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chrono Trigger Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
Credits to Follow Doctor Freeman for the scans

Well... Dream Devourer is currently listed as Low 2-C for a VERY CASUAL Low 2-C feat that he has done with his mere presence

However, Follow Doctor Freeman has pretty good scans that can warrant a upgrade to Dream Devourer and The Post-Game Characters

Here we go

In this scans Schala says that the Dream Devourer has the power to end all of existence:

Time%27s_Eclipse_and_the_Dream_Devourer_%286%29.png

Time%27s_Eclipse_and_the_Dream_Devourer_%288%29.png

Time%27s_Eclipse_and_the_Dream_Devourer_%2810%29.png

And there are infinite timelines in existence according to Radical Dreamers:

The_Chrono_Trigger_%2816%29.png

Therefore, i think Dream Devourer and the Post-Game characters should be upgraded to 2-A

All Lavos will be doing is fighting Royal Knights...Or Demon Lords...or whatever other 2-A Digimon Cal can find....

Destroying all of existence sounds pretty much 2-A, given the Infinite Timelines statement. I support.

I guess now's as good a time as any to bring up Lavos being infinite in speed due to originating from the Darkness Beyond time in this form, a realm beyond the end of time.

The question is, does he destroy all existence at once? Or one timeline at a time? I'm fine either way, but ProtoDude would probably be the best person to ask if anyone gets a chance to contact him.

The real cal howard said:
I guess now's as good a time as any to bring up Lavos being infinite in speed due to originating from the Darkness Beyond time in this form, a realm beyond the end of time.
Makes sense due to the fact we did the same for the SGDL....Great now Lavos is a Demon Lord....Lavosmon ain't no joke XD.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
The question is, does he destroy all existence at once? Or one timeline at a time? I'm fine either way, but ProtoDude would probably be the best person to ask if anyone gets a chance to contact him.
I'm pretty sure it was refering to destroying existence all at once, since you can't destroy infinite timelines over time.... And even then, it would still he 2-A

Infimite timelines require a 2-A rating, as long as it takes a finite time to accomplish.

Also, infinite speed seems reasonable, yes.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I too would like to see this clarified.

On another note, it's amusing how similar Lavos is to the Mille line from Digimon. 3 forms, passive multiversal destruction, superb timespace powers, cloning, BFR, etc.

Well, destroying an infinite number of timelines over any given period of time is still destroying infinity^infinity, so it would still qualify for 2-A.

I also think the Infinite speed is acceptable.

The real cal howard said:
Does the post-game characters scales to Dream Devourer's speed?

Yeah, makes sense to me. Not sure if post game characters will scale to Dream Devourer entirely, it depends on who is who. But I do agree with the 2-A rating

2-A Dream Devourer could be fine, but I do have a few questions. Firstly, are we sure Schala is stating the Dream Devourer as it currently is can end all of existence, or does the party essentially intercept it before then? I ask this because the Dream Devourer is merely an early, not fully matured version of the Time Devourer, which was supposedly the version capable of ending all existence.

If the Dream Devourer = Time Devourer, I'm not sure why both forms would be separated, anyway. Especially since the Dream Devourer fight takes place before the Time Devourer fight in Chrono Cross.

Regardless, I don't agree with scaling post-game characters to the Dream Devourer, since they canonically lose really, really hard and inflict no actual lasting damage.

I mean, the Time Devourer is just be a much stronger version of it, and would be rated as such, similar to how we treat Asriel, SMT characters, or some Digimon. Just a higher version of 2-A.

Also, Schala doesn't know it'll turn into the Time Devourer, given that only happens when he fully absorbs her, and I'm not sure if she can see the future (correct me if I'm wrong).

Finally, they do survive hits and do any, albeit minimal damage, and a portion of infinity is still infinity (Like the Royal Knights). Although I'm not against chalking it up to PIS.

If that's the case then, would not the best course of action be having the Dream Devourer as something like "At least Low 2-C, at most 2-A" or something like that with Time Devourer Lavos just being straight up 2-A?

I would probably count the tanking hits as either PIS or game mechanics, as whenever anyone is hit by the Dream Devourer in a cutscene, they're pretty much completely incapacitated for a bit or brought to near death, and this is with it not directing its full attention towards killing them.

"At Most" would imply it has a hard cap, like something saying it can "at most produce 5 Terawatts" or something. I think "At least Low 2-C, likely 2-A" is more accurate.

@Dark

2-A is its hard cap. It's just an incomplete version of the Time Devourer, who is 2-A.

"Likely" implies it is more likely 2-A, which we don't know.

If not "At most", "Possibly" would be most accurate, I would assume.

2-A is also probably the most wide tier. Sorry for using Digimon as an example, but the Royal Knights are 2-A, but are crazily below the likes of True Daemon, whose crazily below God and Zeed, yet we don't rate them at "At most 2-A".

I think Possibly would be more fitting for something like this.

Oh yeah, I should have mentioned earlier that I was once in a conversation with ProtoDude somewhere and he seemed to have doubts about Crono and the party scaling from Dream Devourer; do to the fact that they alll got stomped by him. Even noting that Magus, the most powerful party member in canon, didn't stand a chance.

WHOA, you jumped the gun there, buddy! I'm getting ready to upload a blog about the verse. The blog's purpose is to explain stuff already on the pages, but I was going to use it as a platform for some upgrades, like this one. I approve of At least 2-C, Likely 2-A Dream Devourer with Infinite speed.

Also, the party do not scale at all. They and that other Magus get stomped horribly, so that Low 2-C rating on Magus's page should be removed altogether.

Imma have that blog up in about an hour at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back