• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chrom's Daughter vs. Sigurd's Son

They're both fairly similar, but Lucina can still heal herself with the Falchion iirc. She also has demonstrated more notable sword techniques in canon. I'll lean towards her by just a hair

Lucina via powercreep

>skill less Lucina

Incon honestly. Lucina outskills slighty and heals, but speed amp through Tyrfing will even that out for a bit. She definitly has the edge, but i dont think its that noteable.

Battle between lords? Nice. Falchion's healing overtakes Tyrfing's speed amp by just a bit for me, on top of the likelihood of Lucina generall being more skilled/experienced. Lucina wins for me, but it's incredibly close.

Seliph will outlast Lucina thanks to Tyrfing, while Falchion can heal over time, Tyrfing can give him multiple buffs (Skill +10, Speed +10 and Resistance +20) and has prayer, that will allow him to endure a fatal blow once, and Nihil will take care of Eather and other skills, and Pursuit will allow him to always deal more attacks than Lucina (https://fireemblem.fandom.com/wiki/Pursuit), not to meniton that his horse gives him far better movement and could just wait Lucina out.

Hell, he also weapon advantages since he has access to tier B lances.

I see, so that point is nullified, also the horse one, since aparently Lucina can ride horses now.

Anyways, he does have pursuit and a built in miracle into Tyrfing, not to mention Seliph nullifies Lucina's skills with Nihil. So yeah, Seliph will indeed take this in my mind, no amount of skill can overcome guaranteed extra hits and surviving one lethal blow and counterattack right after. Falchion can only heal so much.

Weapon Triangle is game mechanics, and mobility doesn't matter because combat speed is the same. Also keep in mind this is Lucina with the Exalted Falchion, so she's actually going to heal quite well. Likely faster than Seliph can damage her while Lucina is also damaging him back in turn.

I don't think the WT is just mechanics. It's been mentioned in a few support convos. Like how Shiro uses naginatas specifically to have an advantage against his father who uses katanas, or Cordelia telling Vaike that Chrom naturally holds the advantage in their duels because of their weapons.

Characters mentioning the weapon triangle is more so just 4th wall stuff intended to inform the player. But we don't use game mechanics here, we use more scientific stuff and "Verse equalization." It's not like other verses use weapon triangles in the same sense that Fire Emblem does; and some games don't even have the weapon triangle such as Echoes.

Now if there's real world scientific stuff such as certain weapons being specifically designed to disarm specific weapons, then sure, but we don't use the damage/accuracy statistics amplification/reduction like Fire Emblem does. And even with those details, it's ultimately dependant on the wielder rather than the weapon itself is how actual "weapon triangles" work around here.

Xander has a lance and a sword, but when they fight one on one, the story treats them as being equal. Lances have range advantage over swords, so historically lances are designed to have the advantage over swords. But in the hands of masters, weapon triangle lingo isn't really relevant.

And in some cases, being on a horse can actually be a weakness given horse riders tend to me more dependant and are likely assumed to lose most of their fighting ability when losing their horse. There can always be weaknesses and strengths on both sides however you look at them, but we don't generally assume having a lance instead of a sword and/or having a horse ultimately makes character A dominant over character B.

You're right to say that the skill of the user matters most. That's true in-game as well as out. But these statements make it clear there is some advantage to be gained from using the right weapon. I honestly don't know how that would translate out of game mechanics but I know I've seen a video on youtube somewhere talking about it.
The Weapon Triangle in Fire Emblem - Realistic?
The Weapon Triangle in Fire Emblem - Realistic?

Now now, Seliph will indeed outlast with Miracle and Persuit, no matter how much Lucina heals. He will be dealing a lot more blows and will survive a lethal blow no matter what, not to mention Nihil.

Seliph gets my vote.

Nihil only succeeds in nulling Aether, Miracle would be helpful, but only delays the inevitable. Lucina's healing is actually pretty fast and can be used as frequently as her counter attacks against Seliph.

Also forgot to mention, I think Lucina actually is the stronger fighter by lore. Loptous is considered equal to Naga, where as Grima was legit stronger than Naga albeit somewhat. Plus, Future Past Lucina needed had fewer High 6-B's in the party when she fought Grima than Seliph did. Against Grima was just Chrom and Lucina in the Future Past DLC, but Julius possessed by Loptous had Seliph, Lewyn, Julia, and maybe some other legendary weapon users.

And considering they both scale from the same character, Naga, that gives the impression that the bosses are pretty equal, though Grima is a bit stronger do to legit overpowering Naga. And the fact that it only took two people in Awakening implies they were individually stronger than the FE4's individuals.

I don't think Lewyn had Forseti at the time.

Seliph, Julia, Shannan, Ced (who is Lewyn's canon son), Ares, Altena, and Febail were all of the High 6-Bs in Seliph's party

>Super fast She literally has to use it, and that wastes a turn. There is no evidence she can use it in combat or in the middle of combat.

Using turn lingos is also game mechanics, and actually how it works is that on Lucina's turn, she heals, and on Seliph's turn, he engages the battle but Lucina still counter attacks if that's the case. So she can still heal an infinite number of times and keep on fighting. And at least Exalted Falchion's unbreakable to boot.

Hmm I'll say Lucina though just barely. At the end of the day, the two would end up being friends and sharing their childhood trauma together.

Back