• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chris Walker(Outlast) vs The Demogorgon(Stranger Things)

Chris Walker is tougher but the Demogorgon has Regenerationn. Both have enhanced senses but the Demogorgon has telekinesis. Chris Walker is more intelligent however and knows judo. Overall, I'm leaning towards Inconclusive.

I vote for the Demogorgon. Despite its intelligence being a bit low, it does have nearly identical durability to Chris (The Demogorgon could shrug off being attacked with fire, guns, and a bat with nails embedded in it). And also, Chirs is in character, meaning that he is going to be mental unstable. This will not bode well with his chances of survival.

The Demogorgon also has the greater speed feat. Superhuman beats Athletic human.

Also, then there is the psionic powers. Chris has no resistance to telekinesis. Since the Demogorgon has the power and required energy to effortlessly rip open an interdimensional portal, it is very likely that it can and will channel that same amount of energy into possibly gruesome telekinetic attacks. We already know from Eleven that telekinesis can be used the crush brains and other organs, break bones, levitate and throw people, drag objects and people (largest object feat by Eleven is a train car), and cause electronic disturbances to the point someone touching something as simple as a phone will get electrocuted. The Demogorgon does not have to enter Chris's mind to cause psionic damage to him. Telekinesis probably should suffice in that department.

And then there is nothing to stop the Demogrogon from dragging Chris into the Upside Down... That place WILL cause a mental breakdown in Chris. I am sure of it.

In the end, my vote goes to the Demogorgon.

I agree with everything you said except Chris Walker's mental instability being a weakness in this fight. Yes, he's insane but it would be a huge motivator for him to go up against something that's a threat to society as he's already obsessed with containing the Walrider. But I don't think that motivation is going to be enough to turn the fight in his favour.

Pygmy Hippo 2 said:
I agree with everything you said except Chris Walker's mental instability being a weakness in this fight. Yes, he's insane but it would be a huge motivator for him to go up against something that's a threat to society as he's already obsessed with containing the Walrider. But I don't think that motivation is going to be enough to turn the fight in his favour.
Can you bring examples as to Chris's mental instability helping him in canon? I am under the assumption of mental instability being a disadvantage than an advantage. Please, try to explain it to me. I am confused as to why it would be an advantage due to my experiences with mental instability causing more harm than good. I.e clinical depression (especially including suicide), dementia, schizophrenia (I am looking at the genuinely harmful cases here, which I am aware of being rare but still exist), psychopathy, etc.

I have taken two different psychology classes and read the DSM, so I need clear evidence and a possible diagnoses to be able to be convinced.

His whole goal during the original Outlast is to contain The Walrider, an entity that appears to be supernatural at first, by killing everyone that could be a host in the asylum. I'm not saying that it's a help for him in all fights but considering how horrific the Demogorgon is and it's supernatural nature. He would be driven to contain it as well. His dialogue outright confirms this to be his goal. No idea what he was doing in The Murkoff Account but that shouldn't be relevant to this fight.

I hate to say it, but none of the quotes struck me in that way. Can you point out the specific quotes that state this fact? They are mostly about bleeding, injuries, and insults.

Derpyrebound said:
I hate to say it, but none of the quotes struck me in that way. Can you point out the specific quotes that state this fact? They are mostly about bleeding, injuries, and insults.
"We have to contain it." and "Can't let contamination reach local town."

Still, even though present, it only happened twice as far as as you told me, not really helping his case. Going by the fraction of insane comments and those two, it is pretty much 2/64 (2 out of 64) quotes from what you have given me. And going back and doing keyword searches, the fraction is still not doing him any favors as it is 4/64 (4 out of 64) quotes that relate to the drive you mentioned.

(2/64) * 100 = 3.125% while (4/64) * 100 = 6.25%

Average of 6.25% and 3.125%:

6.25 + 3.125 = 9.372

9.372/2 = 4.686

This means, an average of 4.686% of his dialouge, from what I could see from the sources you gave me, support your claims about his mental instability being "helpful." That means, 95.314% of the time, he is spouting something that shows how mentally unstable he truly is. That is really bad and while he may see the Demogorgon as a "contamination," it won't stop him from letting his mental instability get the better of him. If his percentage for non-insane and determined lines were higher, then I suspect that his mental stablity would be less of an issue.

Back