• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chris Jericho vs Yor Briar

Alright I'm back.

I'll say right off the bat that this is by no means a stomp, or even a decisive win for either of them. Both of them have fairly noticeable edges over each other that both will struggle with throughout the fight.

Jericho's Adavantages:
  • Generally more intelligent (in the fact that he's very skilled, and has common sense and isn't easily fooled like Yor)
  • AP, SS, and Dura
  • Far better Social Influencing
  • Pain Tolerance
  • Green Mist
  • Is able to restrain or submit :sneaky: Yor, despite him having the LS disadvantage (has been proven multiple times that he can do that)
Yor's Advantages:
  • Pressure Points
  • Poisons
  • Extrasensory Perception
  • LS
What They're Equal In:
  • Skill/Experience
  • Instinctive Reactions/Enhanced Awareness
  • Combat Intelligence
Forgive me if I forgot any advantages either of the two have.

Yor will definitely struggle with the AP, SS, Dura, and Pain Tolerance advantages Jericho has, but she can find her way around that thanks to her Pressure Points and Poisons, which would be an instant KO if Jericho isn't careful.

Vice versa. Despite Yor's Pressure Points, Poisons, and LS advantages, Jericho can find his way around this via Instinctive Reactions, or just being able to put Yor in a hold long enough for her to pass out (which he can do). Also, Jericho can very easily use his Social Influencing to get into Yor's head, which won't be hard to considering how gullible and easy to fool Yor is. Jericho uses Social Influencing in character, so he can at the very least, get the upper hand here.

Imho, I'm inclined to vote for Incon here.

Both have noticeable advantages over each other, but it's hard to determine which one will get the finishing blow off first.

Generally more intelligent (in the fact that he's very skilled, and has common sense and isn't easily fooled like Yor)
Look at her intelligence section.
Far better Social Influencing
This doesn't matter at all here, but an advantage is an advantage I guess.
Pain Tolerance
Tru
Green Mist
Err, smoke?
Is able to restrain or submit :)sneaky:) Yor, despite him having the LS disadvantage (has been proven multiple times that he can do that)
I don't get this? She's an assassin and has stealth mastery.
Skill/Experience
Her intelligence section seems to prove otherwise to me.
Instinctive Reactions
Their Instinctive Reactions are for 2 entirely different reasons, and hers seems far far far more impressive.
Enhanced Awareness
He doesn't have this on his page? Hers is extremely impressive as well.
Combat Intelligence
Intelligence Section.
Yor will definitely struggle with the AP, SS, Dura, and Pain Tolerance advantages Jericho has, but she can find her way around that thanks to her Pressure Points and Poisons, which would be an instant KO if Jericho isn't careful.
Well it's because of PP and Poisons that she wouldn't struggle. She isn't going to attempt to box (h2h/cqc) someone who's clearly stronger and more buff than she is, she'll very very likely start with poison or PP. And her fighting prowess seems far far more impressive than his based on their profiles.
Jericho can find his way around this via Instinctive Reactions
His IR wouldn't help against PP strikes. According to his profile all it says is that it allows him to "kick out finishers", but it has nothing to do with reacting to attacks.
Also, Jericho can very easily use his Social Influencing to get into Yor's head, which won't be hard to considering how gullible and easy to fool Yor is.
She's not extremely gullible to the point where it will effect her in a match. Realistically, I don't see this match even lasting long enough for him to do much, because of her own intelligence and feats on her page.

Look at her intelligence section.
I was talking about overall intelligence. Yor legit thought that boogers would make a coffee taste better. Generally speaking, Jericho has the intel edge, as he has common sense and isn't easy to fool.

This doesn't matter at all here, but an advantage is an advantage I guess.
But it does? It's something Jericho uses in character, and Yor is pretty easy to fool. Even Loid was surprised that Yor believed his horrendous lie. Social Influencing is something Jericho uses even before fighting sometimes.

Err, smoke?
Yeah. It's meant to blind the opponent.

I don't get this? She's an assassin and has stealth mastery.
I meant it to be an emoji, but for some reason, it got auto-corrected lol.

Her intelligence section seems to prove otherwise to me.
Jericho was able to fight on par with John Cena. The latter was able to beat Kurt Angle on two different occasions. Kurt Angle is this skilled, and was also named the greatest shoot wrestler ever. This needs to be added to some of the Top/God Tier's profiles, as this is very important information. Jericho has been wrestling since 1990 (32 years), and has competed in 2725 matches throughout his career. Don't really see how Jericho doesn't compare to Yor in skill/experience.

Their Instinctive Reactions are for 2 entirely different reasons, and hers seems far far far more impressive.
I'll concede on the fact that Yor has better IR than Jericho.

He doesn't have this on his page? Hers is extremely impressive as well.
Jericho should have it via being able to automatically counter moves into finishing moves.

Intelligence Section.
Already explained this.

Well it's because of PP and Poisons that she wouldn't struggle. She isn't going to attempt to box (h2h/cqc) someone who's clearly stronger and more buff than she is, she'll very very likely start with poison or PP. And her fighting prowess seems far far more impressive than his based on their profiles.
Yor wouldn't know Jericho is stronger than her until they fight. You can't assume that Yor will immediately start PP and Poison when she doesn't even know how strong her opponent actually is. Plus, she has the LS advantage. Jericho's Social Influencing will play a huge factor here, as he'd be able to get in Yor's head by taunting her. She's very gullible and easy to fool (as I proved already), so Jericho would easily have the upper hand here.

His IR wouldn't help against PP strikes. According to his profile all it says is that it allows him to "kick out finishers", but it has nothing to do with reacting to attacks.
Already debunked this via him being able to automatically counter mid air attacks into finishers. This is common thing in wrestling.

She's not extremely gullible to the point where it will effect her in a match. Realistically, I don't see this match even lasting long enough for him to do much, because of her own intelligence and feats on her page.
I'm pretty sure it will, especially how good Jericho's Social Influencing is. He was able to manipulate thousands of people without even saying a word. Saying Yor (who is naturally gullible and easy to fool) won't be affected in this match by it doesn't make sense.

I'm still inclined to believe this is an incon.

As in, is it a stomp? Definitely not, Chris has wincons here
Chris definitely has wincons here, but so does Yor. They're so evenly matched that it's hard to determine who will deliver the final blow first.

Well it's because of PP and Poisons that she wouldn't struggle. She isn't going to attempt to box (h2h/cqc) someone who's clearly stronger and more buff than she is, she'll very very likely start with poison or PP
Yor wouldn't know Jericho is stronger than her until they fight. You can't assume that Yor will immediately start PP and Poison when she doesn't even know how strong her opponent actually is. Plus, she has the LS advantage. Jericho's Social Influencing will play a huge factor here, as he'd be able to get in Yor's head by taunting her. She's very gullible and easy to fool (as I proved already), so Jericho would easily have the upper hand here.
To further debunk this point, in order for Yor to know that she needs to open with Poisons and PP, she needs to have Prior Knowledge, and that means we have to give Jericho Prior Knowledge to keep it fair, which definitely won't be good for Yor, as Jericho can use his Social Influencing to mention stuff about Yor's past (like her parents passing away when she was young, leaving her and her brother as orphans) to get in her head. I've already proved that Jericho would do this, too.

I was talking about overall intelligence. Yor legit thought that boogers would make a coffee taste better. Generally speaking, Jericho has the intel edge, as he has common sense and isn't easy to fool.
I mean her combat intelligence?
But it does? It's something Jericho uses in character, and Yor is pretty easy to fool. Even Loid was surprised that Yor believed his horrendous lie. Social Influencing is something Jericho uses even before fighting sometimes.
This is a completely different scenario. In this matchup, she's already going to fight Jericho. She doesn't even know who he is, she has no reason to believe anything he says, all she needs to do is defeat him.
Jericho was able to fight on par with John Cena. The latter was able to beat Kurt Angle on two different occasions. Kurt Angle is this skilled, and was also named the greatest shoot wrestler ever. This needs to be added to some of the Top/God Tier's profiles, as this is very important information. Jericho has been wrestling since 1990 (32 years), and has competed in 2725 matches throughout his career. Don't really see how Jericho doesn't compare to Yor in skill/experience.
Straight from her profile:

Yor is undeniably an extraordinarily gifted assassin. The essence of combat has been drilled into her brain since she was a child, and murder seems to be the only thing she is good at as a result. Among contract killers, she is regarded as a legend; even the lowest of the Garden's roster are reportedly capable of wiping out an entire military troop. Is implied to have dealt with trained animals in the past, such as attack dogs. As an assassin, she is not above trickery, such as purposefully allowing her foe to disarm her right stiletto in order to stab her foe's stomach with the other stiletto, then catches the right stiletto and performs a neck stab. By herself, she is capable of take down large groups of armed enemies such as gunmen, terrorist organization and even whole host of renowned killers, some of them being masters of their weapons.

I dont really know much about experience so I'll just concede on that, but in terms of skill, she seems to have a hefty advantage at this point.
Jericho should have it via being able to automatically counter moves into finishing moves.
That isn't enhanced senses/ enhanced awareness. He literally turns around and sees them coming, then counters.

Her enhanced awareness allows her to dodge a surprise attack from behind while protecting her colleagues at the same time, despite only sensing the enemy's malice the moment they attacked, which is way better than his showings from what I know.
Yor wouldn't know Jericho is stronger than her until they fight. You can't assume that Yor will immediately start PP and Poison when she doesn't even know how strong her opponent actually is.
I'll concede on the poison part, if SBA doesn't put her willing to kill. But her main method of fighting is kicking and using PP if necessary. So she will indeed use it early on because her kicks wont do much damage to him.
Plus, she has the LS advantage.
She also wouldn't know this unless she actually gets grabbed or grappled, which if Chris tried, she'll just reverse it and knock him out easily.
Jericho's Social Influencing will play a huge factor here, as he'd be able to get in Yor's head by taunting her. She's very gullible and easy to fool (as I proved already), so Jericho would easily have the upper hand here.
You haven't proven that it'd work in combat sense. As proven on her profile, she has two different intelligence portions: one of general, and one for combat purposes. You can't make an argument about her gullibility in a general sense when in combat.
Already debunked this via him being able to automatically counter mid air attacks into finishers. This is common thing in wrestling.
Literally ALL of this are counters from big grandiose attacks, or someone jumping at you in mid air. NOT someone punching you like or stabbing you. It's not like she's going to stand on a car and jump at him, basically giving him time to react and counter. It's literally a normal fight, what he has done in a wrestling ring/match cannot translate into an actual battle unless it's somehow set up, which isn't going to happen. Yor is by no means a noobie in fighting. And she has the skills and experience to go h2h and combine her PP with her fighting style. Comparing Mid Air Jumping attacks to normal punches and kicks, which she'll be throwing regularly in the match doesn't make sense to me.
I'm pretty sure it will, especially how good Jericho's Social Influencing is. He was able to manipulate thousands of people without even saying a word. Saying Yor (who is naturally gullible and easy to fool) won't be affected in this match by it doesn't make sense.
Like I said, she's clearly different when she's fighting than in a general sense. Also the people he's influenced, were the crowd, who wasn't involved in fighting, him and came to watch the fight. That's VERY different than someone who's whole demeanor changes once they get into battle, very serious, calm and level headed, focused on getting the job done.

On his page it says: "He's very good at getting in his opponent's head by manipulating or insulting them with his mic skills". This literally would not and cannot be an issue against her due to what I've said above. He's not fighting another wrestler who may be easy to persuade in combat sense and get them riled up.

On his page it says: "He's very good at getting in his opponent's head by manipulating or insulting them with his mic skills". This literally would not and cannot be an issue against her due to what I've said above. He's not fighting another wrestler who may be easy to persuade in combat sense and get them riled up.
Some good points have been made of her being gullible, even in a combat scenario where her only goal is to defeat Chris, he’s a skilled enough manipulator to take some advantages in the mentality field

Some good points have been made of her being gullible, even in a combat scenario where her only goal is to defeat Chris, he’s a skilled enough manipulator to take some advantages in the mentality field
I disagree. Her profile has made it clear that her intelligence in and outside of combat are vastly different.

This is a completely different scenario. In this matchup, she's already going to fight Jericho. She doesn't even know who he is, she has no reason to believe anything he says, all she needs to do is defeat him.
Not believing anything Jericho says makes no sense when I literally proved that Loid was able to fool Yor with a horrendous lie, which even shocked him, because he knew it was a horrible lie. Why wouldn't she believe anything Jericho says if she can believe a lie as bad as that? Jericho can do far worse to her than to just tell a simple white lie. It's literally in character for him to do this in the beginning of a fight.

Straight from her profile:

Yor is undeniably an extraordinarily gifted assassin. The essence of combat has been drilled into her brain since she was a child, and murder seems to be the only thing she is good at as a result. Among contract killers, she is regarded as a legend; even the lowest of the Garden's roster are reportedly capable of wiping out an entire military troop. Is implied to have dealt with trained animals in the past, such as attack dogs. As an assassin, she is not above trickery, such as purposefully allowing her foe to disarm her right stiletto in order to stab her foe's stomach with the other stiletto, then catches the right stiletto and performs a neck stab. By herself, she is capable of take down large groups of armed enemies such as gunmen, terrorist organization and even whole host of renowned killers, some of them being masters of their weapons.

I dont really know much about experience so I'll just concede on that, but in terms of skill, she seems to have a hefty advantage at this point.
Jericho is literally comparable to someone in skill who is considered the greatest shoot wrestler ever, add on the fact that he has 32 years of experience wrestling. How does he not compare to Yor in skill?

That isn't enhanced senses/ enhanced awareness. He literally turns around and sees them coming, then counters.

Her enhanced awareness allows her to dodge a surprise attack from behind while protecting her colleagues at the same time, despite only sensing the enemy's malice the moment they attacked, which is way better than his showings from what I know.
Jericho literally got stunned by a finisher, then he countered another attack with his own finisher. At best, you can say he saw it coming at the very last second. The same applies to the second link I showed. Jericho gets stunned by a move, then automatically counters an attack with his finisher. If you turn around the very last second and see a punch coming, it's going to be virtually impossible to react to it.

But her main method of fighting is kicking and using PP if necessary. So she will indeed use it early on because her kicks wont do much damage to him.
That's fair, though Jericho can still find his way around this.

She also wouldn't know this unless she actually gets grabbed or grappled, which if Chris tried, she'll just reverse it and knock him out easily.
No. Jericho has restrained people who have higher LS than Yor (Class 25 LS to be specific).

You haven't proven that it'd work in combat sense. As proven on her profile, she has two different intelligence portions: one of general, and one for combat purposes. You can't make an argument about her gullibility in a general sense when in combat.
That doesn't matter at all if intel is separated into different categories. Being easy to fool is still one of your weaknesses in a battle. If I was an expert combatant who was very easy to fool, and someone had Social Influencing and used it on me, I'd still be fooled despite me being a genius in combat. I'm still easy to fool, despite being in the middle of a fight.

Yor is going to be 9-A pretty soon
****. What's the point of even finishing the comment?

This is actually a bad thing for my 9-B tournament, because then Yor would have to be disqualified...

Back