• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Child's Play: Chucky's Durability

Gewsbumpz_dude

Username Only
Simple. Chucky's 9-C durability doesn't make that much sense.

Durability: At least Street level (Can survive being stabbed, shot, and set on fire)

My problem with this is that he doesn't exactly tank these. Him surviving these aren't really a durability thing, more of a showing of his type 2 Immortality and stamina. So I think it should be removed entirely, or we give proper reasoning to it.

Extremely fair. I support the removal or replacement by a more suitable thing. What're you suggesting he be downgraded to?

I month or two ago I've done some personal research on Child's Play by reading this comic series, and I found some feats that could get Chucky fully to Tier 9.

Thing is though, no idea if it is canon to the films.

I wouldn't use stuff from comics if there's no evidence that they're canon.

I could've sworn Chucky had more anti-feats, it's been a while since I've last seen his movies

Chucky is usually shown to be on par with humans a lot in the main canon, way more consistently than that Tier 9 comic stuff. Not really sure if that can be considered an anti-feat if it happens as consistently with Chucky.

Also doesn't help that the majority of his kills are done with him catching them off guard, while wielding weapons that would be 9-C if carried by a normal person anyway (I.E. Knives, axes and baseball bats).

Chucky is usually shown to be on par with humans a lot in the main canon, way more consistently than that Tier 9 comic stuff. Not really sure if that can be considered an anti-feat if it happens as consistently with Chucky.
That's true at least.
Also doesn't help that the majority of his kills are done with him catching them off guard, while wielding weapons that would be 9-C if carried by a normal person anyway (I.E. Knives, axes and baseball bats).
Not only that, but some people just stand there and let him kill them.

And also, about Chucky having subsonic reaction speed which implies he can dodge gunfire, I don't recall him being able to do that all. So that should be removed.

He does dodge a dude's bullets during the first movie. But at the same time, across the franchise and later on in the first film, he fails to dodge bullets. One of them being from the same gun that he dodged previously.

Consistency would rule over individual feats, rendering the singular feat an outlier. If he consistently shows an inability to dodge a bullet, the first one is just a false showing.

He does get tagged by people a lot and mostly fails to blitz children, so that feat is definitely an outlier

For this CRT, is it okay to apply the changes now, or wait for more people to give their takes?

Acceptable to pass through. Go ham.

Went ahead to apply the changes to his durability. Also removed the Subsonic reactions bit since, going off the comments here, it was just as questionable as the 9-C durability.

If removing the reactions bit wasn't necessary, I can revert that edit, or it can be properly settled in its own thread.

Yeeeeah while that rating may be questionable it isn't acceptable to just start removing undiscussed things. I don't mind doing that here, but you can't just delete it without any talk whatsoever.

Back