• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yang's powerup is continuous upon receiving more damage compared to Chelshia's which is just a single amp, that coupled with Yang's better effective range through her gauntlets and her likely skill advantage, I say she wins 10/10.

People like to forget that despite being hotheaded Yang still had the skill to get into one of the most exclusive combat training academies in the world

Skilled to an unknown degree it seems. I'd argue Chel had a bit more versatility with what she can do, and her chest form should help out some.

chel arguments seem to always go down the same path

Not really? Yang is mathematically stronger with her semblance than Chel is with her berserk form

1.7 x 3 vs. >1.42 x 4 actually would make Yang stronger.

5.1 for Chel and 5.6 to Yang. Barely a difference. The only problem is I think Chel could access it first? When can Yang use her Semblance

I mean, if Chel goes berserk before Yang goes semblance, Yang is getting hit by an attack almost four times stronger than her, but likely more since Chel upscales from the 1.7 ton feat by quite a bit. Basically if Chel gets the first hit amped it's going to be rough for Yang

So basically. They fight, Yang would be winning via skill. If Chel went berserker, Yang goes semblance. Same fight, but now hangs also stronger and tougher

Jackythejack said:
I mean, if Chel goes berserk before Yang goes semblance, Yang is getting hit by an attack almost four times stronger than her, but likely more since Chel upscales from the 1.7 ton feat by quite a bit. Basically if Chel gets the first hit amped it's going to be rough for Yang
Yang's aura can take attacks 4x stronger than her and that would just make Yang amp stronger and faster

Jackythejack said:
This is missing the point, making it rough for Yang just means Chelshia gets her comeuppance right after. Getting hurt is a win-win for Yang.

Jackythejack said:
Hmm. Can I ask a hypothetical. Isn't it possible to wait out the semblance?
Semblances consume aura, so I'd imagine so.

But you would be hard-pressed to convince me that Chelshia would do such a thing in character.

Also, completely forgot that Chel's weakness literally states she takes twice as much damage when boosting herself, she might as well be shooting herself in the foot.

Butters could you shush for a second.

You could argue she wouldn't but if she's taking so much damage I don't think it'd be so out of character to say otherwise. On top of that, is Yang gonna get past the type 8 on her first try? Sort of doubt it

Do you set up checkpoints right next to the person who killed you though? Also, would it being a checkpoint not reset Yang? Would Estylia even set up a checkpoint when this fight lacks any sort of preparation? Is she omnipresent?

Too many questions for that Type 8.

Pretty sure SBA would just say there's a checkpoint nearby, no?

Checkpoints start pretty close to boss fights in-game so

Jackythejack said:
Pretty sure SBA would just say there's a checkpoint nearby, no?

Checkpoints start pretty close to boss fights in-game so
SBA says no outside influence and no preparation.

Back