• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I wasn't standing in front of your iron will in the first place. Unless you want me too. I got the week off to research

Cracking knuckles

Time to bring in an argument you used for Knack before

Knack normally spams AoE anyways and bodies with AP and can protect his one weak point. Which you said is in character, also confirmed by Ovens on discord by your word.

Her chest thing may avoid some attack. But really. Spamming AOE means she is going to get tagged and damaged a lot. Small size doesn't help much Since that would make hitting the actual orb itself really hard. On top of the fact she doesn't know she has to hit the orb to do damage. Even if we say she is quick to pick up on it. Knack winning with a spam of AOE attacks, keeping his orb safe, hitting his orb is harder since he is bigger meaning to actually hit the orb, and having more time to do more damage before Chel knows what to do makes it seem like his win condition is more likely. Especially if protecting his weak spot is in character

This wasn't a challenge my boi.

Apparently his aoe attacks are limited in use so I ain't too sure if spamming them is a real option. Also Chel can more easily punch away many parts of knack to reveal his orb. His orb is sorta big and glowy and Chel seems like the kind of person to understand a weak spot (plays video games epic gamer moment)

You challenged me

Still gives him better Attacks and versatility. Chels is limited to melee for her attacks, aside from a charged shot, which is the worse kind of attack since that gives good time to dodge. She wouldn't automatically go for the Orb regardless, no thought process remotely suggests that. She may resort to it as she could put 2 and 2 together if her attacks aren't doing damage. But she certainly doesn't have reason to open attacking it just because it's glowy. And not even that big. There wasn't times Chel went for specific weals spots because the bosses didn't really have any weak spots. So that doesn't work the best either. Knack seems to have better attacks, range, his weakness won't be targeted at first. And will be hard to hit regardless, also giving him time to get tons of damage in where Chel couldn't get any due to his rocks durability, and other stuff I mentioned above

I really think you keep downplaying the saucy shot. It's not like the moment it's ready you have to fire it. She can store it for as long as she can until she's right up in your face and then fire it. Meaning she can determine the distance it has to travel and whether or not you have time to react essentially.

I mean to be fair if she notices Knack protecting it she's gonna try to punch it

I am not. A charged shot does give more time to dodge, and while that's possible she could do. It often won't do any damage due to his rocks durability and her lack of knowledge on the orb. Plus Knack also going to be watching out for her shots after it happens the first time. And her using it a lot less than anything else as she is more melee combat. She is stuck in close combat with someone bigger, Stronger, tougher. And wider ranged AOE attacks which would beat on her pretty fast.

I mean she can't move it regardless. Neither LS note AP can move his arm from protecting it. If he chose to protect it. She is not hurting him

No because a single hit knocks away a lot of Knack's rocks. That was literally stated in the thread previously. Continuously knocking away Knack's rocks is a valid strategy, and considering all it take is essentially lightly grazing him to knock him out, her being able to knock him out is incredibly likely.

Also it's literally impossible to say that she wouldn't use the as much becuase she is a video game character and that's all. The Saucy Shot is actually incredibly useful in game and a really good opener for most boss fights. I do it all the time.

Class 100, and higher AP And durability. Knocking them away is a task that she won't do well. And the moment she makes any progress. Gets yeeted away with element attacks like said hurricanes. So it's not very likely at all. Knack has all the advantages in melee. One slap sends her flying. And at a range. She gets beaten even worse with less options and range. She is outdone close and range wise.

And actually it's very possible. She is built to be a melee fighter and utilizes it as her main form of combat. She has a range option, but it's slow, small range, and not versatilite as it's her only attack range wise. So it's very easy to make the indication she wouldn't use it as much.

Except she's a player character and you straight up can't determine what a player character would do.

My Dude I'm pretty sure any simple attack could knock away those orbs in the first place, and she could quickly dispatch quite a bunch of them with stat amps anyways. There's gotta be reasons why other characters can, you know, actually beat him if he just covers the core.

You can make the logical assumptions to what they primarily would use based on what they have and how they are built. Chel clearly built for melee combat with a single range option

You are sure. But that doesn't make you right. The numbers say otherwise. Knack is physically better. If knack is physically supporting up to Class 100, Chel is not gonna move him an inch. His body can stay in place with enough force to support that. So she isn't moving them. AP doesn't even support she could do it well since she is weaker than anyone he has faced

Knack is better in melee combat, better in range, Stronger, tougher, LS higher, better attacks, AOE, versatility, and Chel lacks knowledge on his actual weak area giving him way more time to take advantage and beat her down, when she was already weaker than anyone he has faced

Back