• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Rapier attacks or Demon Eyes techniques. The usual "RPG character so we don't know what they do in-character", but these two kind of skills are more iconic to her kinda so she'd most likely go with them.

How skilled is she with the Rapier then? Also if her attacks are reliant on eye contact, how long does she have to sustain the contact? I feel like it may not help too much this fight due to the accuracy of it.

I'm not seeing how Chelshia is overpowering Alice's Regenerationn without a sizable AP difference.

As much as her intelligence would suggest. Most likely trained in it from a young age, but still not like a master of it.

Not very long. Basically she lets out a flash from her eyes and the opponent gets status'd if they look at her eyes while that happens. At the very least it's useable in combat even against people who knows about it.

Just their glances meeting each other for a moment while Demon Arts are active should be enough to trigger their effects since that how it pretty much was in the VN

As for her Rapier skill idk, but I don't remember it being anything overly remarkable

@Abstraction Her regen's not really fast enough to prevent her from just dying from a fatal blow.

Alright well, berserk mode should help her with that regen thing since it increases her strength by like three times.

How long do these status effects last for?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
@Abstraction Her regen's not really fast enough to prevent her from just dying from a fatal blow.
The page isn't very good at conveying that, and Chelshia hardly holds a 2x AP advantage, even when assuming the high-ball, so the chances of her inflicting something fatal in a short time are small.

Alice has advantages with her Demon Eyes skills being able to poison and blind, which are easy to follow up on and reliable as Chelshia has no reason to not keep her eyes on her target. To add onto this, Alice has Dissolving Liquid, which when used in conjunction with her Eyes, Coiling, and Sweet Breath, she has a strong method to end the fight fast, whereas Chelshia doesn't.

Jackythejack said:
Alright well, berserk mode should help her with that regen thing since it increases her strength by like three times.
Alice can in fact boost herself with Beast Instincts, while maybe not as much, it still evens things out a bit more when taking Berserk Mode into consideration.

I'd argue Chelshia could go berserk and just slam into her with an attack or two as that'd make her much stronger but...

that ain't something she..does in the middle of a fight

EDIT: you ninja'd me.

A x2 is still enough for potentially killing the opponent, even if it's far from a one shot. Plus it's not like any of Alice's status effects are instant win. Stuff like Sleep and Paralysis lasts a few turns in-game.

Given that status effects are Alice's main advantage, both going berserk would put Alice more at a disadvantage than Chelsia would be. Especially since the berserk boost is lesser IIRC.

Oh they only last for a fe in game turns? How long would in game turns last for? A few seconds likely? I know that's how long D&D turns normally last.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
A x2 is still enough for potentially killing the opponent, even if it's far from a one shot. Plus it's not like any of Alice's status effects are instant win. Stuff like Sleep and Paralysis lasts a few turns in-game.

Given that status effects are Alice's main advantage, both going berserk would put Alice more at a disadvantage than Chelsia would be. Especially since the berserk boost is lesser IIRC.
Of course it is, but keeping up pressure and landing her strikes will be harder when she has the Eyes and Alice boosting her evasion with Bestial Howl alongside Threaten to keep her at a distance.

I never said the abilities were instant wins, I said that these abilities excellently set up for one another.

I acknowledged this by saying it isn't as strong, but the option is still available should it be necessary.

It's hard, but not impossible.

Honestly I'm just arguing that it's not a stomp at this point.

No reasons have been given, but I am already somewhat versed with Chelsea due to a previous match. I would have to say I see Alice taking this more often than not.

Back