• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chelshia thread removal discussion

So Chel has gone through quite a lot of different buffs and debuffed recently. Her power was boosted, debuffed, and then Boosted. Now she is more than 3 times stronger than she was before.

She has had context given on her Berserker form which can through her up a tier, but also makes her take double damage

She just got an immorality. Type 8, via respawning

On top of that, her skills feat has gotten more context whic bc actually knocks it quite a few pegs down. Taking on 5 pirates, however, they attacked in a manor that made it easily predictable. And one of the pirates is even noted to be a sucky one. And this over hundreds of years old magic person she fought doesn't have that kind of experience with fighting. She just is that old and has studied magic for that long. Which never actually reflected on her combat skills. Adding in how random her magic is in the fight

From all of these changes and bits of context, I believe her matches should get the boot, too much about her has changed, different abilities have been shown, and more context on feats and such have been given.

Rematches could be done, but the old fights shouldn't be left on Chels page at all. Even if a rematch is done, as the fights simply shouldn't be there flat. It shouldn't stay just cause nobody feels like making the rematch.

I'll be honest and this isn't entirely relevant to the conversation but I do dislike the boss argument, if only because it's how video games...work? Like bosses are supposed to have predictable patterns because of the fact that, well...you're supposed to be able to memorize the pattern and beat them that way.

Unless we are saying that most video game character suddenly become less skilled because bosses follow similar patterns in a hell of a lot of games. It's just how programming works and how the medium Chelshia is in works.

This argument doesn't change the fact that several feats are still way less impressive than what they sound. This argument doesn't cover the issues of one of the pirates honestly sucking, and that magic user has only really been alive and teaching magic that long, and hadn't ever really utilized it in combat as far as we know. It doesn't reflect her skills in combat. So beating her isn't nearly as impressive.

I'm just saying the argument of predictable patterns is dumb becuaee that could extend to basically any video game character that has boss fights. They're predictable and they're supposed to be. Hell, even Dark Souls is predictable boss fights.

I'm not arguing you on anything else and more on this specific thing, frankly because I don't care at this point

ugh

Type 8 is definitely just 4th Wall Awareness. 'Respawning' and redoing a level means all the enemies are still there, no..? So either it's time manipulation that reverses her to the beginning of the fight, derived solely from a joke about her remembering deaths... or it's just a 4th wall joke.

I thought the same thing. Just got out voted. Time manipulation might not even work since they skip dialogue. But her existence not being acknowledged as an entirety, or the fact Chel can do that (or well. She comes back from dying), I wasn't on board

Yea definitely not. She doesn't have Type 8.

At this point I don't really care about the type 8 anymore because everyone acts like it's irrelevant to the vs debates anyways

Isn't exactly my choice. Cause other staff agreed and argued for it. So first have to actually get the thread made and accepted

Buttersamuri said:
If it goes through yes.
You really like Nuclear Throne don't you Moritzva
8-C is all the rage these days. Madness Combat, Overlord, unOrdinary, etc just aren't as relevant compared to it.

I'm sorry, but what?

Dark Souls bosses having a predictable set of move patterns doesn't mean they aren't skilled in the slightest. Given your logic, every boss in Sekiro is just a pushover to fight if anyone memorizes their attack patterns. Forget that Gyoubu fought an army by himself, or that Genichiro is a master in the way of Tomoe, or that Isshin invented his whole fighting style.

Predicting a boss's patterns is game mechanics. It has no bearing on their actual skill in combat.

Except Dark souls didn't have each character just use the literal same attack in the fight the entire fight with some not event changing where they aimed. Sure if they mixed up attacks then that argument doesn't work. But they all literally only use one attack, one at a time. Always being the same exact attack. And it even specified that one of them even just sucked as a pirate. Dark souls has nothing like that. This is a matter of spamming one attack, one at a time, some attacking from the exact same spot with the same direction, and even a statement confirming one of them was even a terrible pirate

I mean in all fairness it's a full on onslaught attack. Coming in rapid succession one after the other. Just because it's not all at once doesn't mean it's not difficult to dodge or attack them. I'd like to see a generally normal person try to-

also didn't it just say she's not that good a pirate? Different than sucking as a pirate. She's a good fighter just not that good compared to the other pirates. She has to be competent because the boss doesn't accept failures

I didn't say it didn't require skill to dodge. It still required some, but not nearly as much that has been considered.

And then to said she was a terrible pirate. It didn't say she sucked compared to them. Just that she sucked. She was a terrible pirate

Can you show me the video where you see the journal entries? Been trying to find the one I was using online but I cannot

I couldn't help much. I'm on mobile atm. Try asking that other guy in the Bakugo vs Chel thread. He seemed to have it pretty on the spot

So did you look at the video and journal entries then? Because I know that it doesn't say she's terrible

Now, let me read word for word Serpantina's entry, now that I'm home.

"Serpantina was born and raised on a pirate ship. She's been terrorizing the high seas since she was just a baby. She sheds sea salt and breathes shanties. Despite all of this, she's not actually a very good pirate."

"not very good" does not equal being a terrible pirate. It just means she doesn't compare to the rest of the cast entirely, it doesn't mean she's shit or terrible. You can be good at something but not very good.

also I found a Khimera lifting strength upgrade-

you can be good at something but not very good at it. Not really. Not very good means your below average. Or below good at least. Nothing actually suggest she is a good pirate either

And what's that?

I mean terrorizing people has to mean she's somewhat good. She should be realistically better than most of the fodder, and she has to be at least somewhat good if she's working under Ellena becuase she doesn't handle failure well. I'm just saying not very good and not good at all are two different things.

Common enemy holds around a cannon and can withstand the force of a cannon firing and still keep their grip

That is so unspecific. I could terrorize someone. She isn't even doing it by herself. It's the entire fleet that does it. Anyone could terrorize people with a fleet of pirates, even if the pirates sucked. She has no real skills shown, is stated not even too be really a good one, and only on screen showed to spam her sword throw.

That's got potential

There's still a difference between terrible and not that good. If someone is awful at something I wouldn't say "not very good", though honestly at this point we're arguing about semantics. And we already talked about how video game boss patterns are solely game mechanics in the first place.

Yeah, I think that's at least class 1 becuase cannons are 3-8 tons I think? I dunno if holding your grip on while shooting a cannonball means much though

There's also a big difference between what skill level she was put out to have, vs what she actually had faced. Which is the point. And spamming literally only one attack has less a game mechanic feel. More she literally only used one attack

It could be calced pretty easily

I don't think you need to calculate it? I think at the very least assuming it's three tons would be fine considering cannon.

Unless you mean shooting a cannonball

Back