• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chelshia and her Berserker Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, while watching some gameplay on this game, I took notice about her Berserker mode. This is not actually a form you can access mid level or mid fight. This is its own special mode that has to be activated pre to the level starting for her to actually be able to use it. And if she is using it, she doesn't have the capability to turn it off.

It's even shown on the title screen as an entirely different mode when going to the extras section.

45F47D04-8C25-450A-9AF2-92D6A4E43D39
It doesn't allow you to switch forms in the level of fights at all. So I say it's best if they are separated into their own separate keys, and thread should specify if she is in this form or not. As she isn't shown to be capable of switching in the middle of a fight or level. There a lack of evidence to show she can. So since she isn't able to switch to it mid fight or level, and no evidence suggest she can anyway, it should be separate keys entirely. That is all

Not being able to switch into it or out of it in fight or level is a pretty notable thing, you are the one that actually lacks evidence. And the burdens on you to prove she is capable of it. As the game doesn't show she is. Can't brush off what she literally can not do in game, and doesn't have any statement or implications to back up that she could. Not to mention the game showing it as a different mode.

Because switching clothes isn't an issue, a level select is game mechanics in the first place, and has it ever occurred to you that it could just be limitations in the game itself. It's only designed by like one person I believe.

No if only becuase those are game restrictions, as in I don't think the game would be able to deal with that.

Switching clothes mid level wouldn't be a super hard thing to program. Plenty of games have done it before. Much more simple and much more complex games than this one. On top of that, switching clothes mid fight wouldn't work cause the time it would take her to do so. She can't just stop time, swamp clothes, then hope back into it. The fact she has to do it after levels end worsens your case. It's like how shovel knight can't switch armors mid level. That's not game limitations. That's just logic. He can't pull off that armor and switch while fighting specter knight or the other creatures.

I'm already pretty fed up with this argument because it seems annoying and the constant griping at my verse is getting more and more annoying as it goes on with every thread that involves it.

I'm just gonna be done here. I'd prefer you leave my verse alone but eh, odds are that won't happen.

Are there any implications in story about the berserker form? This take on the berserker form looks like game mechanics. And does the berserker form has enough differences from the original form to prove it is worthy of its own key?

The only implications about it is "you're in this form, you deal more damage and take more damage" and it's represented in-game as an outfit but one can argue that's because it's limitations or they need to differentiate it from base Chelshia somehow. You get it as a bonus for collecting all fairies

tje only difference is that when she goes into it her AP becomes High 8-C and her dura gets halved.

Iffy on this one. If there was any lore, sure, but a downgrade based purely on mode selection of all things seems a bit off.

Yeah, this is an illogical argument based on game mechanics, as Jacky has stated. This is basically like demanding a new key for a character who switches their weapons before entering a stage, such as Pit in Kid Icarus: Uprising. Because each of Pit's weapons and powers can change the way he plays dramatically, and the same goes for Chelshia.

Heck, Chelshia's Berserk Mode could be comparable to the optional settings you can set for Sonic in Sonic Mania, where you can change the style of gameplay that Sonic falls under. And those are considered canon for him to use without making a separate tier. So, where's all this for Chelshia coming from?

Mr. Bambu said:
Iffy on this one. If there was any lore, sure, but a downgrade based purely on mode selection of all things seems a bit off.
It's not only the mode selection that's makes issue. That's simply a back up point since the game has it as two different actual modes. This because you can do the race in berserker or regular mode. Not both due to the fact she is incapable of changing into or out of it when fighting. The main point is she is literally incapable of switching forms mid fight. She can not do it at all. No option, no timer runs out on the place with then form. It's simply she enters into with the form, or she enters in it without it

I covered reasons in my comment above. Also should note that switching weapons in between stages is not a good comparison. Especially since a lot of games require this due to the limitations of what said character can carry. This game makes it impossible for you to be capable of switch forms in the middle of a fight or level. And the race modes which is only a back up point, shows them as two different modes. Race normally, or in berserker. Why? Because you can't switch back. What form she is in she will stay in.

Honestly I think butters makes sense here. If it's not a thing you can switch on and off in the game, we can't just let her do shit she hasn't shown the capacity to do. Sonic's separate options are also mutually ecclusive and can't be used all at once so it's not the greatest example. Since this is purely a construvt of the gameplay, its gonnait's gonna be bound by the rules the game sets.

Buttersamuri said:
I covered reasons in my comment above. Also should note that switching weapons in between stages is not a good comparison. Especially since a lot of games require this due to the limitations of what said character can carry. This game makes it impossible for you to be capable of switch forms in the middle of a fight or level. And the race modes which is only a back up point, shows them as two different modes. Race normally, or in berserker. Why? Because you can't switch back. What form she is in she will stay in.
Has it ever come across to you that this could also be a case of game limitations and that they just couldn't code it right? Programming is difficult dude, especially if only one person is doing it

Jackythejack said:
Has it ever come across to you that this could also be a case of game limitations and that they just couldn't code it right? Programming is difficult dude, especially if only one person is doing it
Oh. I'm Aware programming is hard. I've done a bit of it before. Doesn't suddenly excuse it from following the same rules. The fact they even made a separate mode for berserker mode in the race mode do the game shows they actually meant for you not to be able to swap it in the middle of level and fights. They intended for you not to be able to do that. It doesn't matter that programming is hard. Unless we get something like an official statement, showing. Or even creator confirming she can. She couldn't have that capability

I mean I can talk to them on discord but it sounds like a super loaded and awkward question to ask.

And I already get random bits of information from them

Also lemme bring up something at least, a question since several mods are here.

how do I deal with berserk mode? Becuase I know i said and the game says she takes more damage (it doesn't necessarily say double), but if she had half durability wouldn't that...not make sense? She'd end up hurting herself every time she punched something, going by basic physics or whatever, so how would I deal with this?

Just put a note that thats how it works abd it somehow doesn't hurt her.

Yea. A small note at the bottom of the page at best is needed to explain that. But honestly the power itself is explained in where berserker mode is. Enhancing her strength times 3 while doubling damage she takes. That should be pretty straight forward where berserker mode is explained. But a small note at the bottom of the page could always be added if necessary

So, if we got the creators to confirm or deny her capability to go into that form or out of it mid fight and level, then I would myself be fine with it. But since we don't have that, I still say it should be separated into keys.

I don't think you should ask them that. (Also I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they just say "look at the game" or whatever)

Gonna ask a really stupid question but I'm on the S&S discord because I like the game and want to keep updated on shit the dev says and I came across this and was wondering if I could use it-

F79FB847-FFB0-43E6-B664-B73CE18A24CD

Well. Since she has that cannon lifting feat, where with both hands a Skeleton can lift a decently big cannon with a cannonball in it, I think that would be able to be linked as a possible supporting feat. But on its own I don't think it may be the best to consider. But I don't know. Would support Class 1. But what's to context of that being brought up? That picture looks cut.

Both arms being just as strong as each is a good note though. Since most including myself assumed the rock arm to be stronger. Albeit, not super important since she utilizes her rock arm for combat, and her other arm would probably only come into play if she is getting restrained or something

Someone basically just asked about Chel's super strength and that was the response. She could lift and drag a car. Ain't lifting a car class 5, though?

And like I dunno about adding the information about both arms

Depends on which kind of car. And also feel iffy on her getting a Class 5 upgrade based on that alone when the best feat shown is Class 1, and we don't have much context on the effort she needs to put in, plus what kind of car.

Eh, probably ain't important anyway.

Heavier cars can be Class 5. But that can probably giver her a round about number since she has another non calced Class 1 feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back