• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cheetah vs American Pitbull

Sans2345

He/Him
Bronze Supporter
Speed equalized

both 9-C tier

battle takes place in a jungle

both are healthy males in their prime

SBA

Pitbull: 0

Cheetah: 0

Incon: 0

Cheetahs transparent
Americanpitbull

VS

One Cheetah take down an impala or a young wildebeast. And Stood its ground against one Leopard or one Hyena for a brief period of time.

S─░nce Hyenas are basicly wild life pitbulls on steroids. What Pitbull can do to a Cheetah ?

Pitbull can crack some bones maybe but since Cheetah his huge and his body build up for takin down bigger animals than itself. Eventualy he can snap Pittbull's neck . Plus Cheetah's claws are also painfull.

Many dogs and alone wolves killed by cougars / mountain lions in every year. And Cheetahs are bigger than Cougars. Cheetah got this.

Aren't Cheetahs weaker than cougar? Also even if cheetahs are faster, they don't have much stamina and therefore can't run at top speed very long while Pitbull has a great stamina. They can even fight after being shot

On top of that they were bred to fight Bulls

Advantages:

Pit: Durability, Stamina and maybe AP and Intelligence

Cheetah: Speed, Size and camouflage

But since the battle takes place in a jungle, Cheetah can't go to his top speed and his camouflage doesn't fit with the area. And I do think his size can be a weakness too

My vote is for Pit

Okay then

But still why are cheetahs stronger than Cougars? And they shouldn't be comparable to leopard or hyenas either

But one bite from a hyena can badly damage a lion. How can a Cheetah be better than that. On top of that, they usually lost their captured prey because of hyenas

Bite force isn't everything. Also there are multiple videos of cheetahs fighting them. No not leopards, I can tell the difference.

Moreover, their hunting style is tracking their prey and make them fall then finish the job. But running away isn't Pitbull's character

He just made the hyenas run away. I don't think it is enough to make the Pitbull run away. If anything, think it will attack too

In the natural world predators want to avoid each as much as possible. The Hyena likely ran to avoid using using too much energy or decided to look for easier prey. Most predators want the best reward for the least amount of effort. The Pitbull doesn't suffer from this weakness or at least it rarely shows. While the Cheetah is faster it won't matter much when it gets tired and the pit eventually overpowers it. I vote for the pit.

GojiBoyForever said:
A cheetah should be stronger than a Pit Bull it wouldn't be overpowered.
While the Cheetah is faster it won't matter much when it gets tired and the pit eventually overpowers it

If a Pit can bring down a horse then it should be close enough for the Pit to outlast the cheetah also Pit bulls rarely back down meanwhile All the strength and power can only get it so far before it tires out and the pit won't be giving it a break to rest.

Honestly, the Pitbull just need to place a good bite. If he does, he will not let the Cheetah go. And even if the Cheetah is stronger, he will not win a pull battle against a Pitbull

Dusty Raider said:
If a Pit can bring down a horse then it should be close enough for the Pit to outlast the cheetah also Pit bulls rarely back down meanwhile All the strength and power can only get it so far before it tires out and the pit won't be giving it a break to rest.
That was 3 pit bulls.

Even so the me and Epsilon made about it's stamina still stands. A tired animal is a weak animal and considering how quickly Cheetah's lose stamina, the pit's durability will be more than enough to outlast it's stamina.

I think you are downplaying the Cheetah's stamina a bit too much. A cheetah can inflict lethal damage in a few minutes more than enough time then it will get tired. You make it sound like it will be gased in 30 seconds.

He can do 300-400 meters max at full speed. If his full speed is 112km/h, he can hold that speed for at best 12 seconds

The cheetah won't really be running though. It would be spending the majority of its time fighting. Also what is 112km in MPH?

Back