• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters powers/abilities and whatnot...

CrossverseCrisis

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
During a fight thread between Thanos and Majin Buu, Jim had brought up about how Thanos has not only type 1 immortality but also type 4 because of how Death made him unable to die.....or is that it? Anyways while i had the feeling of wanting to edit stuff of the Marvel Comics verse (this case being the Infinity Gauntlet and, more relevently, Thanos) after looking over info from the Marvel Database Wiki. What stopped me from editing Thanos' type 4 immortality thing was how the M Database now said that Death had lifted her curse or spell thing whatever which now makes Thanos just have type 1 immortality.....or something. I don't even know anymore as i don't read comic books....sigh.

Anyways this has brought a thought to my head: When we edit, add, or change stuff on what a particular character has on them, do we keep them even if new stuff were to be brought up? Let me try to make an example here:

Thor and his Odinforce power.

So the Marvel Database Wiki said that Thor having the Odinforce is a fomer power of his. Thing is Ant and Byakushiki here said that while Thor can't use his Odinforce power anymore (and by extension him going Rune King is either since that happened like several years back), we can just leave it as is and keep the tabs or whatever.

I didn't give off much of this as an example but the point i'm trying to make here is, do we still add, change, or keep stuff like say Thor's Odinforce and RK forms even though he doesn't use or have them anymore? Same thing back over to Thanos. He supposedly doesn't have that thing that Death put on that allowed him to be immortal or something. Do we add that in or just don't?

This also applies to just every character in general on this wiki...

Any answers to this?

Hm...that's kinda like the case of composite character, especially like Link who have different power in different game, so I think we should treat it like such. Just notified the period in which he have that and we should be fine, since removing that end up making mis-information.

Well, I think that we generally adjust the basic character statistics according to their current ratings and powers, but still keep important temporary power-ups as separate keys.

In this case, Thanos has been killed a couple of times since then, but Death usually resurrects him afterwards.

Hmmm. Well one of the many things Thanos is known for is that pact he made of Death that allows him to stay alive through stuff that would have killed even him in base. Is there something we could do about it? Or just set it as Type 1 and leave it at that?

Cause if one thinks about it, it's really important for us as one of many character index(?) sites that we have to be up to date with many fictional media's, from Marvel to Dragon Ball to Naruto to Super Mario and so on.....

No. He has been killed a couple of times in recent years, so he is not banned from dying any more. However, Death tends to resurrect him afterwards, but it usually takes considerable time.

I will place it as Type 1 for the moment.

Well that takes care of that, i guess.

Still the point is that, like many existing character index sites(?), we adjust the profiles we have here whenever something new comes up but just keep original important stuff likes Thor's other forms, right?

@CrossverseCrisis Yes. Pretty much.

@NJS I do not know. It seems unnecessary, but if somebody wants to add it to a former abilities section, I suppose that it might be okay.

Hmm idk. I see that as being something that sites like the Marvel Database and Bleach Wiki's would do...

Places like here, the OBD, and even the ACF wiki? Not.....really? Like would this be something we should start doing cause we have a crapton of profiles that would have a case like this?

I don't know. Former abilities sections do seem kind of irrelevant, but do not cause any harm, I suppose.

Well? Then again, Aizen from Bleach has something like this. The Bleach wiki lists his Zanpakutou as part of his "Former Abilities" section, yet we list it anyways on his page and there;s no harm to it.

Hmm....

I think probably add in the feats section since some character have their own feats section in their profile, but just add note that he not have that ability anymore, although add him feats section with just one feat(his former ability to not dying) its seems kinda unnecessary, unless someone want to add his entire feats.

Well, former abilities should be stated as such, not listed among regular abilities.

Back