• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Character With Most Resistances On The Wiki

Warhammer folks that resist everything tenfold because of aether shenanigans or whatever

Warhammer Fantasy resistances are mostly magic based unless I'm mistaken
Warhammer magic is more than just normal magic as you're basically resisting the fundamental concepts of things like fire and ice and such, and psykers are manipulating physics and such

Warhammer magic is more than just normal magic as you're basically resisting the fundamental concepts of things like fire and ice and such, and psykers are manipulating physics and such
But its still magic at the end of the day, a powerful magic nullification at a certain magnitude would render it useless.

Warhammer Fantasy resistances are mostly magic based unless I'm mistaken
Warhammer Fantasy magic is synonymous with reality in a way that's difficult to explain. Because the Realm of Chaos and Aethyr in general is at a fundamental core just conceptless possibilities, this is how 'magic' is created. The medium for magic is Aethyr and Aethyr is the source of magic itself but arguably it is not magical itself.

So conventional magic nullification does not work because Aethyr's nature requires special interaction, because again, it's barely even a magical energy or even existing for that matter. It's raw possibility.

Warhammer Fantasy magic is synonymous with reality in a way that's difficult to explain. Because the Realm of Chaos and Aethyr in general is at a fundamental core just conceptless possibilities, this is how 'magic' is created. The medium for magic is Aethyr and Aethyr is the source of magic itself but arguably it is not magical itself.
At a certain magnitude of magic null, it can be nullified completely with interacting with its fundamentals, but thanks for more info on what it is

Yes, but all magic is tied to the Warp/Aethyr and Aethyr is a 1-A structure meaning magic and resistance won't ever be nullified until this goes away, so if you could already destroy or nullify an entire structure like this, you likely are already able to beat the character normally instead of a completely roundabout way of fulfilling so many preconditions to shut down their source of power.

Yes, but all magic is tied to the Warp/Aethyr and Aethyr is a 1-A structure meaning magic and resistance won't ever be nullified until this goes away, so if you could already destroy or nullify an entire structure like this, you likely are already able to beat the character normally instead of a completely roundabout way of fulfilling so many preconditions to shut down their source of power.
Affecting a structure itself rather than the entity is possible by certain individuals and objects being their kryptonite, I was more or so talking when stats are equalized. By nullifying the structure itself and not destroying it, do you nullify all the abilities and resistances of the four chaos gods and others?

It's difficult to describe it because Aethyr flows everywhere, it is a more fundamental aspect of existence than reality itself. That's why the lines between magic and reality blur because Aethyr and existence are extremely synonymous. Again, this leads back to my point that if you're powerful enough where you can just "nullify" all Aethyr, you can just kill your opponent conventionally.

Just to be clear, Aethyr itself is not a structure, that was a misnomer. We have places like the Skein, the Warp, the Deep Warp, the Aethyric Void, the Realms of Magic, and Physical Reality, and no matter where you go, Aethyr as a substance is there. Affecting these structures will probably cause a change to the flow of Aethyr but I don't know if they necessarily eliminate it. This is mostly because there are no defined limits of Aethyr and Aethyr to my knowledge and it is just there regardless of what reality or realm you find yourself in. It's sort of taken for granted in that regard given the unquestioningly vast reach it has.

So yes, so by maybe if you have the ability to "nullify" Aethyr, which is incredibly hard to equalize with anything that can be conventionally nullified, everything in Warhammer ceases to exist (and that's a huge maybe), but that's just erasing the universe lol which again circles back to my point of if you're just able to do this you can just kill your opponent conventionally.

We're talking more in unconventional instances, where the entirety of reality would be changed so that anything classified as supernatural would become non-anomalous

I say this as in the universe of SCP, there are methods of powernull that are more so specific to a range of powers based on one ability, and the higher the tiers, the more diverse and potent the powernull is. Take SCP-5004-B, a powerful reality sink, which negates the anomalous effects of supernatural entities or artifacts near it by altering the way those entities or artifacts interact with the fabric of spacetime. Or Scranton Reality Anchors & telekill, devices used to normalize the baseline reality around them so that abnormal and supernatural phenomenon gets neutralized due to their being more amounts of reality than what they can manipulate, despite some of them having powernull resistance or other resistances themselves. Basically forcing any entity who is manipulating reality to follow how the foundation believes reality should be.

A good example of usage would be this thread where despite Ainz being resistant to powernull, he'd be slowly nulled then erased due to the effects of Clef being a reality sink, as a form of unconventional powernull, and Ainz being supernatural. Reaper also brought up the Culexus Assassin being similar to him where they can drain the power of those with a strong connection to the warp. This implication can be complicated when not conveyed right in many verses threads, could a general discussion thread suit that issue? Or are we ok with explaining the usage of such unconventional abilities that affect outside influences which lead to altering the character themselves?

It's good to have a diversity of opinion after all.

Edit: I should also note that resistances themselves are not actually based in the Warp and is more their actual constitution resisting Warp shenanigans, so no, eliminating the Warp wouldn't eliminate resistances.

Last edited:
DnD characters have 4-D resistance to every single ability on this site. And their blog haven’t been updated yet.
Only 6-C guys have 4-D resistances, since we traditionally don't count it when characters resist something from a higher echelon (inconsistency reasons) like level 1 guys technically being able to in-game resist a 1-A spell pretty easily.

The uh... the resistances list for D&D sucks ass, right now. At one point I did the work to figure it out, we'd have to read some 600 books in total for the list to be actually like... comprehensive, y'know? Right now it's pretty much based on two books I did in a very short period of time and some random spatterings from a handful of other books. So, just 598 left to go, very fun.

Those two books had me scrolling the resistance blog for a bit.
Priest Spell Compendium Volume 1 and 2- those spells aren't even the wizard ones lol.

Back