• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Character that you see is impressive but after a while realize is not (and the reverse).

The reverse for me happened with Saint Seiya in general, especially the Pegasus himself. I mean, I knew they were no pushovers, but I didn't thought of them to be that strong given most of the fights are the Bronze Saints getting beaten until they turn the tables with a heroic second wind.

Then I begun to see their feats and calcs and I was like "Holeee crap!"

Also Digimons surprised me how crazy powerful they are, especially Royal Knights and Devil lords.

TartaChocholate said:
The reverse for me happened with Saint Seiya in general, especially the Pegasus himself. I mean, I knew they were no pushovers, but I didn't thought of them to be that strong given most of the fights are the Bronze Saints getting beaten until they turn the tables with a heroic second wind.

Also Digimons surprised me how crazy powerful they are, especially Royal Knights and Devil lords.
I Second that

Hizack123 said:
TartaChocholate said:

I Second that
Third that

Def Naruto I used to underrate it massively(probably because I did not read the manga).

The the opposite for bleach with pretty much the same reasoning.

Underrated: Shaggy.

I thought he only ran fast...

Now he is an 9-B guy who can use summoning and shapeshifting with superhuman speed and even sword mastery

CursedGentleman said:

Now he is an 9-B guy who can use summoning and shapeshifting with superhuman speed and even sword mastery
And also Hand to hard combat and Ultra instinct

Hizack123 said:
CursedGentleman said:

And also Hand to hard combat and Ultra instinct
Nah, just resistance to mindhax actually, is on his page.

CursedGentleman said:
Nah, just resistance to mindhax actually, is on his page.
i know but he actually take on large group of thugs and win barehanded.

I think he should has Hand to hard combat too.

Hizack123 said:
i know but he actually take on large group of thugs and win barehanded.

I think he should has Hand to hard combat too.
Does hand to hand combat have a page?

I tried to find it but there is only martial arts, which isn't really the same

There are two versus thread of Shaggy right now.

Shaggy vs Abe Sapien

Shaggy vs Springtrap

The reverse or......

A couple years ago, before I knew about Touhou, I used to have this one friend who would constantly tell me that Touhou was limitless or hyperdimensional or some bullshit.

I used to be one of those rabid Halo fanboys who would wank Master Chief into being able to beat almost any other fictional supersoldier. I even at one point tried to argue in youtube comment sections he could defeat some versions of Superman via his luck. Things changed when characters like Deku kick his ass. And others like Akame stomp him in terms of power, and character as well.

I was for a brief period a couple years back one of the Saitamatards... then I became self aware and realized that Saitama ain't shit. He's got barely any personality, or character whatsoever. And Aside from making fodder of everyone in his verse, he's not impressive at all.

I once used to think that Izuku Midoriya was pretty weak, and unimpressive. But he makes up for his lack of raw power in his inspiring, absurd levels of stamina (Muscular fight gg) and his battle smarts. Watching him fight makes me feel like I can take on anything.

A few friends of mine hyped up Silver Age Supes so much that when I did some research, I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong, he's impressive in general and his array of hax is uh well above average but I was expecting one of the most haxxed characters I've ever seen and even SA Supes just isn't that.

I definitely thought FFX was more impressive than it actually is too. I definitely at one point thought that the Warring Triad in FF6 recreated the universe at the end of the world. There's something deep inside me that just wants to wank FF into oblivion and just like automatically give, for example, Squall access to everything he can possibly use in the game itself for vsbattles. So uh yeah my fondness for FF likely colored my interpretation.

I had no idea Digimon was as OP as it is.

I had absolutely no idea Bowser was as formidable as he is. I've always been a DB fan but before I started looking into this stuff, I was definitely low balling Goku funny enough. If I had been asked to guesstimate his speed and attack potency, I def would've said something like Mach 10000 and maybe a dozen stars if they were all right next to each other and this was anime Goku.

Several godly characters in fiction cause great impressions by looking like they're omnipotent when they might as well be just 3-A.

Shaggy again because he might get an upgrade to low 7-C

Or even higher because I am going to read the archie comics and I am going with the expectation of Sonic from Archie Comic kind of feats.

Shaggy is getting a lot of hax when the upgrade is accepted, but I need to check the comics, apparently DC, Marvel AND Archie made comics for them, so lets hope I find more hax

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Look more to Mitama abilities and you will know.
Well, shaggy has reality warp, resistance to mindhax, martial arts, samurai knowledge, earth, fire and energy manipulation, supposedly nigh omniscience, transmutation, summoning, shapeshifting, hitting non corporeal characters, elasticity, resistance to blunt damage, portal creation, resistance to empathetic manipulation,size manipulation, regen to an extent, sound manipulation, precog and dream manipulation and those are the ones I thought it would be worthy of telling.

He resisted Grodd mindhax, and should be noted that resisted specter memory manipulation, but meh, he is so unscalable that is a wonder how he works

The Cthulhu Mythos.

I first though that the beings in the mythos were at most 4th dimensional, and Azathoth was a fifth dimensional hyper-reality warper. I was like "Beyonder solos lol"

Then I read the stories, and holy shit.

The weakest gods can destroy some of the tops in all of fiction. It was a huge burst in power.

Back