• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chaos Gods: Law manipulation?

FanSyst

Username Only
E1gNHzu
"Eventually tiring of the vastness the gods at last laid aside their differences and determined to create a Reality for their mutual pleasure. They took turns naming the laws they would make for the place:
The Warrior ruled that the strong would always dominate the weak. He did this because he knew his followers would triumph as they were mighty and warlike.

The Prince decreed that the heart would always rule over the head. He did this because he knew that the honeyed tongues of his followers would be able to sway their enemies through desire.

The Deacon demanded that all beings should be mortal, so that which lived must inevitably die. He did this because he knew that then all would ultimately come to rest within the narrow houses of his domain.

The Magus forbore to name any single rule of his own and instead reserved the right to make exceptions later as he saw fit, with much grumbling from his fellows.

The gods were satisfied that they had shaped the crude frame upon which mortal life would be borne, each taking a part of it eternally as their own. They went on to shape the universe as they saw fit. They made a thousand times a thousand laws; that things fall down and not up, that fire needs air to burn, that rock should be solid, that water should flow, on and on they went, now trying to outdo one another in the many ways to bring restriction upon the formless void. Their laws crystallised inside the primordial ocean and became the skein that we know as the loom of fate, and upon that skein the detritus that we know as Reality began to gather."

I don't think this should be taken literally. Since it's just a tale as said in the script itself.

Be proud on this day of your ascension to manhood. Now that you have seen two hands of winters pass you are children no more. Breathe deep of the dream smoke and listen. On this, your first trip into the men's yurt, I impart to you a great mystery of our people (the tale of our origins) so that you might know your place in the universe.In the beginning there was the void, and only the void, and the gods moved across the face of the void and they were made wholly of it. Some will tell you that a void is a nullity, a nothingness. They are fools. The void is everything; its infinitude encompasses all possibilities and their ultimate annihilation.
And literally right under it is this.

In primitive cultures countless creation myths are told of the formless void before the coming of the gods. In some tales the gods are said to have shaped the world from parts of themselves, in others they slay a great beast and use its bones to lay the foundation of creation, in others the mortal realm is formed from the debris left by their great battles with one another. Seers and magicians of more studious societies make complex arguments for the material universe having given birth to the Chaos Powers rather than vice-versa.

I mean even so it wouldn't seem out of the Chaos Gods M.O.

Chaos Gods should definitely have Law Manipulation anyway. Considering mere Cults of Tzeentch are able to turn the laws of nature and reasoning of planets they release Chaos on into playthings. Daemon Princes having their own domains which they manipulate. Psykers being able to impose dimension and form onto the Warp.

Either way the void contains all truths and untruths and all possibilities. So the tales that Sorcerers like to spout may be true in the Warp. I don't think it'd be that far-fetched.

Don't get me wrong. I support that they should get Law Manipulation, but I don't think that story should be taken literally. As in Chaos Gods created the Materium.

And as Zach said, honestly there should be a comprehensive thread made about the Chaos Gods' P&A sections. They're very barebones.

Back