• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Change Hero of Kvatch's Immortality

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've noticed that the Daedra Princes have type 4 and 9 immortality. I was wondering if we should change The Hero of Kvatch's Immortality as well to types 4 and 9. Considering that he became a Daedric Prince, he should have the same type of Immortality.

Well I've never agreed the HoK's 2-A rating in the first place, so perhaps I'm biased when I say it doesn't really matter :p

Shazam121 said:
Well I've never agreed the HoK's 2-A rating in the first place, so perhaps I'm biased when I say it doesn't really matter :p
It matters to me. I'm curious to know why you don't agree with the rating.

Because the HoK is not Sheogorath. He stopped existing when the mantling took place.

Sheogorath is still Sheogorath, the mantle of madness. He hasn't changed. In TES the power of the gods comes from their position.

It's like how in many monarchies power is vested in the idea of the crown, not the one who holds the crown.

Even if he's not the old Sheogorath, he still maintains control over the previous one's power when he obtained his mantle.The Hero even managed to defeat Jygalag, who is literally stronger than every other Daedric Prince combined, in combat. I don't see how that's not 2-A level.

Jjp7123 said:
Even if he's not the old Sheogorath, he still maintains control over the previous one's power when he obtained his mantle.The Hero even managed to defeat Jygalag, who is literally stronger than every other Daedric Prince combined, in combat. I don't see how that's not 2-A level.
For starters this is just not true. There are at least three different origin stories for Sheogorath and in some of them Jyggalag doesn't even exist. It's even hypothesised that Jyggalag was just something Sheogorath created to drive the hero insane. And there are a multitude of conflicting accounts when it comes to "power" between the different Princes.

I give my opinion on this matter further here (I'm Shazam_1 naturally):

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslore/comments/6l1uxf/are_all_daedric_princes_equal_in_power_or_status/

On to the other points, when the HoK took on Jyggalag he was already mantling Sheogorath, the throne of madness had been vacated and the HoK could hold it. I wasn't saying anything about the HoK being the old Sheogorath or whatever; I'm saying there is NO difference between the old and the new Sheogorath... there is only Sheogorath the embodiment of madness. The HoK doesn't exist anymore

I don't know about whether or not Jygggalag was something made up, but I disagree about the Hero not existing anymore. Especially in Skyrim when it is strongly hinted that Sheogorath is the hero you play in Oblivion. Have you tried talking about this with a staff member yet?

Jjp7123 said:
I don't know about whether or not Jygggalag was something made up, but I disagree about the Hero not existing anymore. Especially in Skyrim when it is strongly hinted that Sheogorath is the hero you play in Oblivion. Have you tried talking about this with a staff member yet?
All Skyrim shows is that Sheogorath was aware of the events of Oblivion, which is no surprise. It does also show that he is the same as the old Sheogorath in how he chooses to behave, look and present himself. The position of Sheogorath has been mantled more than once; in ESO we learn that Haskill once mantled Sheogorath, he was eventually replaced and became a Daedric Vestige.

It's not something that I've brought up with staff as I don't feel it matters all that much, it rests on the interpretative side of TES lore.

Edit: I think I could simplify this. We have a profile for the 2-A variant of the HoK... it's the Sheogorath profile.

So, has the issue been properly answered, and if so, should I close this thread?

As we have TES set up right now I don't think there is anything wrong with adding this to the HoK's profile I suppose.

Okay. I will unlock the page. Tell me here when you are done making the agreed upon modification.

Okay. No problem. I will lock this thread as well then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back