• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man General Discussion Thread

I love how people are theorizing in the reddit threads that they're still alive since they're in hell and those demons who die there come alive in the real world again or that eternal punishment or such.

I mean might be right, but chances are with our artist, they ded

What a nice dream you have. Even if it will never come true : P

But yeah I don't think Aki's future sight is that far scoping

Yup, we've hit Fire Punch levels of WTF now. God help us all, Fujimoto's off his meds!

Anyone got an idea of how to label Darkness's powers? One big pet peeve with Fujimoto mangas is that he's a big practitioner of "show don't tell." This usually leaves for some fun story telling, but can also leave some things really vague.

Same thing happens with Fire Punch, where we have no clue what Spear girl's and San's powers are supposed to be beyond speculation.

Yeah I was gambling on it being hax too. Funny enough, it looks like Makima and Darkness have similar powers...

Really makes me wonder how powerful Chainsaw and Gun have to be make her this interested in them

Also, totally overlooked this, but we actually have bullet timing scaling now.

Angel casually blocked a pistol shot to protect Aki. Quanxi basically blitzed Angel and would have killed had it not been for Aki's precog. Old dude and Octupus guy were able to somewhat fight on even ground with Quanxi.

Also Darkness is straight up said to be stronger than Gun, who has a MHS feat, but not sure it that applies to physical speed or hax.

PTSOXMONKEY99 said:
Same thing happens with Fire Punch, where we have no clue what Spear girl's and San's powers are supposed to be beyond speculation.
No idea about spear girl but wasnt sans power electro-powers pushed to its limits? he controls matter via extremely strong electromagnetism, which, if strong enough, can effect non-metallic things as well.

Yeah but it was never really explained to that level. The most we can guess is just electromagnetism being used on stuff, nothing about matter manipulation. Also, doesn't really explain how he was causing lightning strikes.

Really crazy to think how he went from barely being able to shock people to destroying houses with his powers.

^But considering his blessing and all we know about his power, its the only option that explains everything. I personally would just write "electrokinesis, capable of telekinesis via that power", and than the OP can decide whatever or not he allows this power to be usable in the way it indicates (ie extremely detailed electromagnetism) or not.

Santa's Doll form feat destroyed a good bit of that skyscraper they were in and Denji survived it relatively unharmed

Master should should also have high-mid regen while in a dark space. Also resistance to pain via spreading it to other dolls

Arrow maybe gets invisibility

Also finally some insight on Makima's powers

Also, just realized something:

Makima was able to keep an eye on everyone in Hell because Spider girl was there. Makima is able to borrow the hearing of lower life forms, and spiders are arachnids, so that is a nice little detail.

Also $10 says Kobeni is still trapped in Hell and no one else noticed.

Kinda doubtful he'd get anything too high on that calc honestly.

Regen is great honestly. I was wondering if she was sharing damage with the other dolls though.

I feel like Arrow can count for that and it's not just speed

Just one of the few things of her

Makes me curious if Spider Girl is dead.

That said nah she's probably back. I'd be shocked if she somehow take out Doll Devil but likely not too unlikely.

Idk, I feel pretty good about it, especially since the floors appear to be reinforced concrete and got violent fragd

Regen is definitely great, and has a nice weakness to balance it out. The pain statement does confirm that she spreads her sense of pain to other dolls, so it's pseudo-pain resistance

Really want to know more about Quanxi's power. If it's just speed, then that'd be kinda lame. But at the same time, doesn't make sense for the Crossbow/Arrow Devil to have invisibility as a power. Then again, snake girl could heal people so I guess it's moot.

I hope Prinz and Beam aren't dead. They seemed so cool.

Kobeni exists to suffer. She'd try to take out the Doll only for her hip to give out again.

Also, just now realizing this, but Quanxi is basically just future Denji at this point. She's fully aware she's pretty much a tool to her superiors, but is content with it as long as she gets her desires granted.

Idk why but this has gotten me more hyped for the Gun Devil. Even though he won't be as strong as the Primordial Devil, still excited to see how the author makes the abilities of a Gun devil work.

Yeah I'm also really interested to see how all of this plays out with the Gun Devil since now we know he's not the biggest bad.

It really brings into question why Makima hasn't been able to take care of it yet since she can throw down with Darkness, at least enough to hold him back. Also really raises more questions about Denji/Pochita since apparently even a Primordial wants them, even though Pochita should logically be weaker since Chainsaw shouldn't be a primordial fear.

It's odd because as some of the devils said, they hear the chainsaw when they come to earth.

Maybe Pochita was in a position that would give him certain authority or since he's the cutest devil we've seen so far & all the Primordial Devils are softy's for dogs

The statements regarding Chainsaw also seem to imply that Pochita had the power to kill devils in hell and have them resurrect on earth. So maybe he's the one capable of making devils experience death? Or at least BRF them out of hell. Would explain why Darkness would want him out of the way.

Also yes, he is a good boi.

Are we allowed to create new profiles yet?
I wanna do one for the cosmo devil, one for quanxi and for Makima + gun devil.

Back