• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man General Discussion Thread

I figured that I may as well make this since I'm the one who made the Denji (Chainsaw Man) profile (which is gonna need a revision soon).

So, let's talk about our favorite series involving a chainsaw-dog-boy-thing and his quest to plow his boss and eat toast. Feel free to talk about the story, post fan art, make memes, do whatever, just have fun! Though, maybe wait a few hours before discussing the newest chapter to avoid spoilers. Or maybe just put a spoiler warning. Whatever, go wild.

D25B0156-B5F6-4C04-BA50-67F3F84EA953

Nah clearly theres no other person who would fanboy over Makimas op ability, be excited for the zombie arc, and still think thr gun demon is broken af!

Clearly!!

Hurtful and saddening.... Till you go to rule 34 and search her name up- (ah I'm killed)

A bit excited for the upcoming zombie arc.

Seriously though Makima is brutal despite being on a casting couch scene this new chap

Tbh I'm really curious to see how the zombie arc goes.

Cuz we know that Denji could rip and tear through a whole horde of them literally seconds after getting his powers, and now that he's actually had some training, I really can't imagine any of them being a threat to him.

Also lol at the casting cough reference with Makima last chapter. Though tbh, give how OP she is, she's probably be the one doing the casting lol.

But yeah they're zombies. So it might be a lot of character deaths or something. Seriously love how that girl got so scared off by Makima that she went RE5

Oh god no Yes

I'd imagine it's be more an apocalypse situation where the zombies start to overrun the city, leaving Denji and co to have it deal with a literal army of the undead. Really hoping the mentor guys doesn't kick the bucket this arc, I'm really starting to like him.

Some memes just write themselves.

That's hte likely scenario actually. And I don't think he'd die so soon but then again we see our creator here toss up the story wildly. Liking him is a death flag lol

We need more memes from this anime too

The second he admitted he liked Power and Denji meant that he still had him screws not unscrewed. Devil hunters who aren't completely crazy die sooner. This old man gon die.

I'm surprised the barf girl didn't take off tbh.

So, just to keep the ball rolling on this thread, what are your predictions for Makima's role in this series? It's pretty obvious that she's not just a human, the real question is what is she and why is she working against he gun devil?

I've heard some pretty crazy theories ranging from Makima being contracted with the Fox devil (cuz of their eyes) to her possibly being the gun devil herself (cuz of the wounds she made on those guys that jumped her on the train)

What's your crazy theory?

Sorry ma dude, sometimes I forget what I reply to after a while.

But honestly she's a big figure but something spoopy is going on. I have a feeling she'll either betray or takeover the company and she really has something planned. Though a bigger plot twist for me would be if she didn't do anything wrong.

Also that makes sense actually. Not so sure about the gun devil. A possibility, and the more I think about it the more I'm likely to agree honestly.

As of now no idea... I thought it was a "fall from heights" demon that she contracted with. Or something that can affect pressure

Nah it's cool

Idk about the betrayal thing. She made it clear that she was only with the Devil Hunters so she could protect humanity. Though, I guess that could all be an elaborate ruse. It's pretty obvuthays she's manipulating everyone from Power, to Aki and especially Denji my mans is inevitably gonna be heartbroken let's be honest

Yeah, after watching her actions, where she turned people into meat pancakes by saying their name, I can see the "fear from heights" devil being put in play. Though, I guess it's possible to contract multiple devils? Her showings against those goons on the train seem different than what she did to those guys trying to kidnap Denji.

Agreed, not sure if he should get type 1 cause we don't know whether or not he ages (unless I missed something), but I can definitely agree with type 3 and probably type 2 (he can survive after getting sliced in half)

Denji's page in general needs a revision, we've gotten some pretty good speed, regen and durability feats from the last few chapters that should be added.

I initially had that ability listed as statistics amplification, but if you guys think empowerment works better than go ahead and use that instead

So, any ideas on what pages we should make? Clearly Aki, Power and Makima need pages, but who else should we make pages for?

Speaking of that arc, aren't there a couple of subsonic feats in there? Iirc a lot of people (Power, Sworsman) were moving so fast that others couldn't see them or they looked like a blur.

Also, anyone got any better pics of Denji in his Chainsaw Devil form? I feel like the one we have now is kinda poopy.

May I ask why he's only subsonic? New chapter clearly showed the verse is a bullet timer. I'd like to see him around that too.

Well I was gonna, but we've yet to see how Denji, Aki, Power, Swordman stack up to the Angel Devil, who performed the bullet timing feat. We don't really have anything that proves that anyone scales to the Angel Devil. So we'll just have to wait and see.

Really hoping that the gang has some good encounters against the Gun Devil, whose international murder spree clocked in at MHS

Same that would be neat. We need to see more badassrey coming from them tbh. Also can I add myself in the supporters of the verse?

Back