• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

The finger stuff was Yoru's doing. Pochita is just politely asking for blood.

Also, it seems like this chapter retroactively implies Bang was an ability Makima gained after defeating the Gun Devil? Means Yoru may get an attack speed upgrade and Pochita reacted to it in time to block it this chapter too.

Also, it seems like this chapter retroactively implies Bang was an ability Makima gained after defeating the Gun Devil? Means Yoru may get an attack speed upgrade and Pochita reacted to it in time to block it this chapter too.
doesn't that also mean the gun devil multiplers can be applied to bang

We have little proof to make this assumption yet

Alright so apparently there was already a mistranslation caught
The OG and Spanish text both say 40,000, not the 400,000 said in English
so, whatever she's doing, she doesn't need as many bodies as we thought

Alright
Buildings in Chainsaw Man double as airbags, obviously
Looking at the panels again
Pochita actually reacts to and deflects the Bang
It's a physical projectile
That tears a chunk out of a side building and the recoil of deflecting it is what sends Pochita flying back into the building

The American Devil is canon 🥶🥶🥶
egvt9hi28b461.jpg

So the Gun gauntlet or presumably "bang" is regeneration negation?

Edit: Nvm he regenerated his stomach

Last edited:
You know
The Statue of Liberty's tablet is wrong
It's based off the one in France, not the one guarding America
On the french replica, instead of the regular date it has the date of the Storming of the Bastille
They stormed the bastille to get the gunpowder inside it
Guys wait

We getting Pochita vs The Horned Serpent 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🗽🗽🗽
Something insane's about to happen on the moon and everyone will think the Death Devil's coming when it's actually Richard Nixon
You know
The Statue of Liberty's tablet is wrong
It's based off the one in France, not the one guarding America
On the french replica, instead of the regular date it has the date of the Storming of the Bastille
They stormed the bastille to get the gunpowder inside it
Guys wait
Gunpowder Devil next chapter? Also-
Fujimoto used the wrong reference image for the Statue of Liberty, check the date on the tablet.

That's the one on the statue replica in Paris, not the one in NYC.

Random realization, but every single one of the Horsemen besides Death are man-made things- Conquest and War are obvious, but Famine too.

There's always been enough food to feed everyone, the issue is getting it to places where mass hunger happens. And there's shit like how Britain was still exporting food from Ireland during the Great Famine, or the sheer amount of food waste in the US that happens because supply exceeds demand and just giving it away for free would be "Communism."

What I'm saying is that Fami's plan to deliberately starve Asa for her first two ploys are even more fitting than if her name was just "Hunger." (Although if she was Hunger rather than Famine, would that make her a Primal Fear?)

Well, starvation and dry seasons happen in nature as well, there have been many 'natural' famines. It's partially why predator populations stay under control, there simply isn't enough prey to go around so the excess starve and the prey population rebounds, and repeat.
Also, conquest and war, while maybe not to the scale that we are familiar with, absolutely happen in nature. Just look at ants, or wolf packs, or lion prides, or any other group of animals that has to compete for resources, and ants and other social insects are literally noted to go to war with neighboring colonies, entire genetic castes are specifically bred to be soldiers

Fami will be the final boss. She will call herself the "God of Fear and Hunger"
Conquest: I'm controlling of my children's actions, and am extremely emotionally manipulative.

War: Despite the love I feel for them,
I'm willing to sacrifice my children to win, and rationalize it later as necessary.

Famine: I- I actually don't remember what happened to my children.
I think I ate them.

Conquest: ...

War: ...

Famine: ...I'm still hungry.

Conquest: I'm controlling of my children's actions, and am extremely emotionally manipulative.

War: Despite the love I feel for them,
I'm willing to sacrifice my children to win, and rationalize it later as necessary.

Famine: I- I actually don't remember what happened to my children.
I think I ate them.

Conquest: ...

War: ...

Famine: ...I'm still hungry.
Death:my children are...well, they don't exists anymore

When Death finally shows up, I imagine it's going to be a lot more like Darkness's introduction than the Gun Devil's, meaning weird paneling and random imagery over large scale destruction.

Like, the scene cuts from some looming monstrosity to the back of a woman in a movie theater, with like four other empty smaller seats, sliced bread and a bottle of wine, and the screen is the previous panel, and then she'll sigh and it'll cut back and suddenly everyone's missing their faces.

No calcable feats, no clear statements, and no explanations. Only arguments about Higher Dimensional Existence and two hour long video essays about the Jesus symbolism will be left in her wake.

When Death finally shows up, I imagine it's going to be a lot more like Darkness's introduction than the Gun Devil's, meaning weird paneling and random imagery over large scale destruction.

Like, the scene cuts from some looming monstrosity to the back of a woman in a movie theater, with like four other empty smaller seats, sliced bread and a bottle of wine, and the screen is the previous panel, and then she'll sigh and it'll cut back and suddenly everyone's missing their faces.

No calcable feats, no clear statements, and no explanations. Only arguments about Higher Dimensional Existence and two hour long video essays about the Jesus symbolism will be left in her wake.
Are you fujimoto clone?

It's either that, or people will just be simping over her because Fujimoto gives her a dumptruck ass like usual.

Back