• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man additions

There's a lot of things that should be added into Denji's powers and abilities page and some are so obvious it pains that i need to point out.

Denji

Supernatural Willpower: This ties to Denji's unnatural willpower to continue on fighting even if he's absolutely getting obliterated or the fight lasts for a long. Having fought the Eternity devil for three days and causing it so much pain it made kill itself.

Abnormally High Pain Tolerance: Managed to bear the pain after he got stabbed in the heart even before turning into a devil. After he turned into a devil he has near immunity to pain.

Chainsaw Man

Cyborgization: Denji upon entering the devil form is partially turned into a literal chainsaw (And fully when in Devil form)

Weapoan Control:
He can fully control his chains to wrap around Reze and immobilize her. This applies to an even further extent to Pochita.

Healing and Limited Statistics Amplification:
By pulling the trigger pin on his chest, He is capable of fully recovering of any wound and get back in peak shape. This however is entierly dependent on how much blood he has consumed.

Acrobatics: Hypermobility and Surface running, he could easily run and fight while he was walking on a straight wall. Pochita could even use chains to leap from building to building.

Immortality (Type 3): As noted in this page, Denji attains some injuries that would be fatal to even devils and he fully recovers from that. This sort of immortality isn't possessed by Hybrids in Devil Physiology page.

Chainsaw Devil (Pochita)

Memory Manipulation: Alongside existence erasure and conceptual manipulation, it should've included Memory manipulation as aside from Makima, nobody remembers the devils that Pochita ate.

Enhanced Senses:
Was able to view Kobeni dancing from a really long distance.

Extrasensory Perception:
Can hear the cries of whoever is calling to save them, even if that said cry is a whisper.

Resistance to extreme Cold and Heat:
Pochita was utterly unphased by the cold in the vacuum of space, and it's reentry into the atmosphere was equally as unphased.

Nullification of Devil Contracts:
It's the only being that broke a devils contract as it made the Hell devil send him instead of Makima to hell.

Conclusion

I feel like I might've left some other abilities that i might've forgotten for the moment, till then, I'll be hearing if most of these are eligible or not.

Has been a while since I read CSM but most stuff here looks good. One issue though is that I believe we don't give resistance to extreme temperatures for being in space anymore, it does give Resistance to Radiations tho. Not sure about Power Nullification so maybe someone who's read it more recently can confirm.

Agree with everything but the Devil contract bit.

We don't know the extent of breaking contracts in CSM, so I'm not comfortable giving Denji nullification of that.

Nullification of Devil Contracts I would say is a legitimate feat for the following reasons:

1. Chainsaw Devil already does something that no other character in the series does, and that is to erase a devil from existence and him breaking a devil contract would further add to his character.

2. The further context of breaking Hell Devil Contract is even more over the top. People sacrifice themselves for the Hell Devil to kill and send Makima to hell. Makima pleads chainsaw man to save her and he kills the hell devil, but hell devil gets revived with blood and gets commanded to continue his job. He then just sends chainsaw devil to hell instead of makima, and not only that but then Chainsaw devil just ******* comes back and kills Makima. That isn’t breaking a contract, that is just mutilation of the said contract.
(OP here, this is my alt-account because I am on a phone currently.)

Last edited:
@AngeronTheSkyHighAnger Please tell me if you have any other accounts. A person is only supposed to use one account. We will have to ban your alternate accounts if you are already using your primary one.

I disagree with the temperature stuff and the contract stuff. Dunno about the memory manipulation part, it seems redundant as most conceptual manipulation should be able to do that anyway.

There's a lot of things that should be added into Denji's powers and abilities page and some are so obvious it pains that i need to point out.

Denji

Supernatural Willpower: This ties to Denji's unnatural willpower to continue on fighting even if he's absolutely getting obliterated or the fight lasts for a long. Having fought the Eternity devil for three days and causing it so much pain it made kill itself.

Abnormally High Pain Tolerance: Managed to bear the pain after he got stabbed in the heart even before turning into a devil. After he turned into a devil he has near immunity to pain.

Chainsaw Man

Cyborgization: Denji upon entering the devil form is partially turned into a literal chainsaw (And fully when in Devil form)

Weapoan Control: He can fully control his chains to wrap around Reze and immobilize her. This applies to an even further extent to Pochita.

Healing and Limited Statistics Amplification: By pulling the trigger pin on his chest, He is capable of fully recovering of any wound and get back in peak shape. This however is entierly dependent on how much blood he has consumed.

Acrobatics: Hypermobility and Surface running, he could easily run and fight while he was walking on a straight wall. Pochita could even use chains to leap from building to building.

Immortality (Type 3): As noted in this page, Denji attains some injuries that would be fatal to even devils and he fully recovers from that. This sort of immortality isn't possessed by Hybrids in Devil Physiology page.

Chainsaw Devil (Pochita)

Memory Manipulation: Alongside existence erasure and conceptual manipulation, it should've included Memory manipulation as aside from Makima, nobody remembers the devils that Pochita ate.

Enhanced Senses: Was able to view Kobeni dancing from a really long distance.

Extrasensory Perception: Can hear the cries of whoever is calling to save them, even if that said cry is a whisper.

Resistance to extreme Cold and Heat: Pochita was utterly unphased by the cold in the vacuum of space, and it's reentry into the atmosphere was equally as unphased.

Nullification of Devil Contracts: It's the only being that broke a devils contract as it made the Hell devil send him instead of Makima to hell.

Conclusion

I feel like I might've left some other abilities that i might've forgotten for the moment, till then, I'll be hearing if most of these are eligible or not.
As a disclaimer, I know little to nothing about CSM verse, so if there is extra context to anything, please tell me.

This:
Extrasensory Perception: Can hear the cries of whoever is calling to save them, even if that said cry is a whisper.
Is not Extrasensory Perception. That is just Enhanced Senses, just like how he was able to see Kobeni dance.

As a disclaimer, I know little to nothing about CSM verse, so if there is extra context to anything, please tell me.

This:

Is not Extrasensory Perception. That is just Enhanced Senses, just like how he was able to see Kobeni dance.
I'm pretty sure it's extrasensory considering he also heard Makima implore him for help while she was on Earth and he was in Hell

I agree with everything except extreme cold

even the extreme high part? I mean, things that enter in the atmosphere usually is burnt
Only large things are burnt I believe. The bigger the object, the more heat it generates and Chainsaw Man is about human sized so it wouldn't be too bad.

Only large things are burnt I believe. The bigger the object, the more heat it generates and Chainsaw Man is about human sized so it wouldn't be too bad.
Currently rereading Pochita vs the Weapon Devils and his heart does actually catch fire during reentry, so he gets heat resistance

We need to get more Chainsaw Man speed feats calced cuz having mfs like Makima and full-power Pochita at Subsonic is criminal downplay. At very least we know Makima's telekinetic blasts launch human-sized objects at High Hypersonic since she spaced Pochita.

Looks like War Devil has a Class K feat for tearing out a whole spine to use as a sword. Should scale to Makima/Nayuta as well as the other Horsemen Devils like Death when/if they show up, and Primordial Devils (like Death lol)

Looks like Asa Mitaka/War Devil is a sort of Fiend, but War Devil is permitting Mitaka more agency and awareness than, say, Gun Devil did with Aki.

War Devil's Weapon Creation ability seems to be reliant on transmuting something/someone that War believes is their property, similar to how Makima's dominance ability hinged on her believing herself superior to the ones she's trying to control.

Looks like Asa Mitaka/War Devil is a sort of Fiend, but War Devil is permitting Mitaka more agency and awareness than, say, Gun Devil did with Aki.

War Devil's Weapon Creation ability seems to be reliant on transmuting something/someone that War believes is their property, similar to how Makima's dominance ability hinged on her believing herself superior to the ones she's trying to control.
It seems like this a universal limitation for the Four Horsemen Devils, given that all seen so far have it, and that sample size in itself is half of the entire group. I wonder how it effects Pestilence and Death? Seeing as all living things die, Death may not even be limited by it, since it would likely see all living things as subservient to it without exception, save perhaps for Primordial Devils like Darkness that have never been killed in all their thousands to millions of years of existence.

As an aside, seeing as the 4 Horsemen Devils seems to be the main "bosses" of the series so far, I wonder if Denji will especially hate the Pestilence Devil, seeing as his mother died due to a heart illness.

Back