• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Celestia Sun calc blog

So recently Dark posted a calc for celestia that put her at 4-B but he thought it would break the relativistic ke rule but according to someone on the calc evaluation thread the limit for it is 0.9682c Dark's was a bit under that so I wanted to ask if it was alright to use then? Someone else in the thread said the math was perfect but We couldn't discuss it further on the evaluation thread so someone else asked to move it here instead

Sorry I'll try to find it links aren't working for me right now for some reason but you can find it under Darkanine's blog if you want

Cool. Is the particular clip available? The result should presumably be fine, but the most important thing is confirming it's actually below FTL.

Not sure I don't have it on me but I believe Dark downloaded the whole episode just in case

I'm generally uncomfortable with anything that gets that close to FTL but it others are okay with it, then it could be okay to use.

Seems fine from a glance. Though I don't know how others feel about using >0.95c for KE, considering it's less than 0.02c away from the cutoff point.

Someone in the calc evaluations thread said it's alright but I'm not an expert on this stuff myself

Although Dark I'm kinda shocked myself the OBD One was only like 80 FOE iirc but they used a different instance in this episode I think

Even discounting Relativistic KE then, should it be deemed a bit too close to LS, that'd still be an upgrade to low-end Solar System level, yeah?

What's...exactly the issue, then? If it's below the cut-off pint, it's below the cut-off point and thus not FTL no matter how close it is to the speed of light. Doesn't that mean it can be used?

Yeah there was Supes still wins but my god is Celestia vs Superman thematic af thinking about it

Next best thing next to them is I think Starlight with her equality spell hax. Too bad nobody replies to her versus threads.

I mean maybe someone will someday oh and Twilight of course obviously and StarSwirl when someone finally makes a profile for him

I'll make a Starswirl profile once Legends of Magic picks up. No doubt he'll have some great feats there.

I guess I'll perform the upgrades later tonight.

Back