• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Celeste Revisions

Andytrenom

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Alright so there's a few revisions I wanna get done

Tier

There's a new calc that puts Badeline at 8-C, should scale to purple hair Madeline, not sure if it scales to base Madeline

The biggest problem I can see with the feat is that it may be considered game mechanics, but not necessarily. While it's common for attacks to disappear after a phase they are usually created by the enemy themselves, here Badeline is taking control of pre-existing rocks with telekinesis, not to mention things that happen for gameplay can still have in-universe explanation and here the breaking of the rocks can be directly tied to Badeline's TK

Lifting Strength

The same calc gives Badeline Class 50 lifting strength with telekinesis

Abilities

Just one. Surface Scaling

This is pretty self explanatory, Madeline has the ability to cling to any surface except the ice conveyors in Core for an extended period of time, this happens even when there isn't any sort of portrusions or indents in the wall. So yeah, seems like surface scaling

This seems uncontroversial to apply.

I'd personally not go past a "likely"/"possibly" for Pink Hair Madeline, it makes sense that she'd get her other half's power, but I don't think we can be 100% sure. Though of course they can split up at any time, so that should also be in the AP section. Also it should be pointed out Part of Her vanishes when outside of Celeste Mountain (well, the physical part of her does, she's still always there but in a more abstract sense) in the Weaknesses section, and Part of Her's abilities should be in the second key, since once again they split up.

The weird part is the fact that they're only destroyed when Baddie here gets... hurt? I dunno, I feel like this doesn't quite suddenly not make it a feat, but still makes it odd and situational enough to debatably not be a valid feat for tiering.

I'll remain neutral.

She destroys them anyway by the way, usually you don't notice it but the platforms get destroyed one at a time if you don't hit her rapidly

Yeah, it's the same animation. Watch from 3:18, maybe slow it down, but she starts destroying them moments before Madeline hits her.

I think Likely or Possibly fits here.

I don't have too much of a problem with that but Part of You is literally lifting them with TK and then crushing them when they're no longer useful to them, forgive me but I don't understand why it's ambiguous

If it happens even without Madeline being hurt then I think it should be solid

My main worry was that it was game mechanics of ending attacks when a phase ends

Wait I watched it and I think I know what happens

You are attracted to Badeline even when you just get close to her, so that was actually the start of her hurting her

Ah, is that so? Celeste makes a shitton of tiny adjustments to make the game more smooth so I can believe that. Still, happening when a phase ends isn't really game mechanics imo, especially since Celeste has zero feats outside of gameplay. IDK, a likely or possibly doesn't make much sense but I don't care too much.

I don't know if Mori wants to debate Armor on likely/possibly instead of a solid rating

I'm personally fine with either

I don't care that much on it either, if Mori's adamant on it I won't bother.

I'd personally not go past a "likely"/"possibly" for Pink Hair Madeline, it makes sense that she'd get her other half's power, but I don't think we can be 100% sure. Though of course they can split up at any time, so that should also be in the AP section. Also it should be pointed out Part of Her vanishes when outside of Celeste Mountain (well, the physical part of her does, she's still always there but in a more abstract sense) in the Weaknesses section, and Part of Her's abilities should be in the second key, since once again they split up.
Also what about this?

If they split up it does not count as a form for Madeline any longer. If we're going with likely for Badeline then it will be likely for purple hair Madeline anyway

Anyway we still opinion on the remaining revision

Celeste a trans main character thus should be deleted no re
Anyways the CRT seems logical enough

Class 50 should only be with telekinesis, but the scaling seems fine, yeah.

Made the changes

PS the new editor is trash on mobile so feel free to review my changes

You forgot to update Madeline's dura and to add my calc to the verse page

@Andytrenom

Please try the following editing settings. They are the ones that seem to work best for me.

Screenshot_20201109-180403_Firefox.jpg

I mean, Pink Madeline only has physical attacks, so logically it would. As for the first key, probably not since she gets one-shot by Badeline's attacks, she does survive that one smashing her through crystals.

Also I think you should clarify Part of You is only 9-A physically, at least I think that's the case

That's shown by striking strength not being building class

Last edited:
Back