• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CD-i Link vs. Black Hanekawa

ArbitraryNumbers

VS Battles
Retired

I'm equalizing speed since Black Hanekawa would be 6x faster thank Link otherwise. Assume a starting distance of about 10 meters. Link has all of his strongest equipment, and for no particular reason at all, please picture Black Hanekawa in this outfit as you imagine this fight in your head.

I’m not familiar with Tsubasa Hanekawa at all but just by looking at the her profile I’m pretty sure Link’s ******.

First off Hanekawa has the AP advantage (Hanekawa’s 8.967702984*10^8 joules or 214 kg of TNT vs Link’s 276,511,500 Joules or 66.1 Kilograms of TNT)

So Link’s best shot is through hax or through spamming his bombs, but Hanekawa looks like she had the better hax (keep in my mind I know nothing about how her powers work) since she has empathic manip, memory manip, creation, life manip, etc. Link’s main advantages would be BFR, time manip, spamming bombs, and mayybe empathic manip but most of these abilities are situational. For example:
-Link only used the book of koradai once for bfr so there’s no guarantee he’d start with it or use it before it’s too late

-His time manip is situational as his opponent has to be air borne for them to be affected by it, so unless his opponents in the air, likely not gonna be useful

-His sword won’t hurt anyone friendly and will instead make them talk, don’t know anything about his opponent so someone would have say if this would work

-Spamming bombs could work but I just don’t know if his opponent just ***** him over with hax before he gets the chance too

I’m not going to vote yet because there might be something I’m missing + we definitely need input from someone familiar with Hanekawa but I’m pretty sure Link loses.

Iirc, she's kinda insane and does flips and acrobatics out the ass
But this is me going off watching it at like 4am at a friend's house nearly a decade ago so shrug

Iirc, she's kinda insane and does flips and acrobatics out the ass
But this is me going off watching it at like 4am at a friend's house nearly a decade ago so shrug
Hmm… if she doesn’t screw over Link with hax and mostly tries to psychotically fight him in combat along with flips and acrobatics, I can actually see him winning. He’s got a sword and a shield to fiend her off for some time and he’s at least smart enough to see that she commonly is in the air and will know to use the bell, then he can BFR, spam bombs, etc.

I’ll vote Link for now unless further points are brought up.

I'm going by memory, I could be wrong, I just remember her making use of acrobatics quite a bit.

If she jumps or leaps I'd say Link wins. If she doesn't then yeah she probably overwhelms him.

I'm going by memory, I could be wrong, I just remember her making use of acrobatics quite a bit.

If she jumps or leaps I'd say Link wins. If she doesn't then yeah she probably overwhelms him.
I agree, actually change my vote to incon until further points are brought. Either she overwhelms him or she gets frozen mid air.

Then that’s a solid win con for Link as the bell freezes air borne opponents for 8 seconds, more than enough time to spam bombs, use BFR, etc. Does she commonly jump?
Yeah she tends to do lots of jumping and acrobatics and stuff, climbing things like a cat. Definitely in character for her to stalk Link and assault him from above

Also, she's definitely not friendly. Her whole thing is that she's the alter ego of this one girl and only comes out at night so she can violently attack people to relieve the stress the girl feels in her daily life. The sword will definitely work on her.

Scratch that, it wasn't right for me to say she does it all the time. She can do acrobatics, and can leap long distances which she mainly uses for travel. It's in character for her to attack with jumps, but she's not above assaults on the ground either, from behind or from the back. She definitely likes to do it a lot, but it's not her only method of approach.

Last edited:
Yeah she tends to do lots of jumping and acrobatics and stuff, climbing things like a cat. Definitely in character for her to stalk Link and assault him from above

Also, she's definitely not friendly. Her whole thing is that she's the alter ego of this one girl and only comes out at night so she can violently attack people to relieve the stress the girl feels in her daily life. The sword will definitely work on her.
K then I’m voting Link (Sorry I changed my vote like 3 times lol). He’s got win cons with his sword and the bell as she’s commonly in the air. Also Link can always BFR if he feels like it and considering he’s facing off against a psycho, he’ll probably get the feeling to use it.

Also, one more thing, it wasn't right for me to say she does it all the time. She can do acrobatics, and can leap long distances which she mainly uses for travel. It's in character for her to attack from above, but she's not above assaults on the ground either, from behind or from the back. She'll definitely be leaving Link some openings without knowing it, but she won't be going airborne at every opportunity.
I don’t think this changes much of my opinion. Links got some options for air and ground combat and is at least experienced enough from what’s been described to deal with her imo.

Back