• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Price (COD) vs Joel (The Last of Us)

The battle of (my) favorites character in video games

Captain Price: 7

Joel: 1

Inconclusive : 1

Standard equipment.

Price will have no support and Ellie will not intervene.

Speed Equalized if nccessary.

The battle is at night.

Cap Price
Joel

Both are veterans, but John Price seems to actually have had millitary training giving him the advantage there. He also would have military grade weaponry instead rather cruder weapons such as a pistol or shotgun. I think John Price has this.

Damn, COD was my childhood (for good or bad), and Last of Us was a friggin good game.

Onto the match though, where is this located? If New York, or any densely packed area, Joel would actually have a big advantage here, because his showings in stealth is nothing Price had to deal with, and even though Price himself had a little bit of stealth practice, it pales in comparison to what Joel does on a daily basis. Joel has also gone though even more skewed odds than what Price went through, defeating dozens upon dozens of infected and actual people with firearms, and even near he end those with actual machine guns, with just simple and primitive weapons and firearms.

Basically what I'm saying is: Voting Joel if it's a place where there's lots of cover to hide in, voting Price in every other situation.

Don't forget the one Price fighting is spec ops and trained soldier, but anyway counting your vote.

1 for captain price

1 for joel

Of course I'm not discounting that, but those aren't really that helpful if you can't even see your opponent before getting a bullet through your skull, but I can see a situation that Joel can get caught and shot from Price's superior skill. It's unlikely though.

Newestfighter said:
price via better feat with weapon and smarter
Price does have better feats, but how is Price smarter? It seems as if Joel has the environmental advantage.

@Xmark12, well tbf Price has proper military training in special forces and his experience giving him an edge in term of combat tactics, but yeah Joel definitely can adapt and use enviroment better because Price rely on prep in most of the time.

Necro here, but Price has killed tons of well trained soldiers and literally a mastermind (Makarov). Joel typically outsmarts creatures with animal-like intelligence. Price wins.

While Noel is very skilled in his own right it is evident that he himself was self taught, he is not a trained soldier or a really incredible tactician

Price, on many occasions, was capable of quickly thinking on his feat while simulataneously coming up with new tactics or just straight up shooting the crap out of anything that moves.

This is basically s battle of trained soldier vs self teachings, the latter can hold their own, but the former comes out on top.

Going Price.

@Gargoyle But Santa isn't in this fight

@Gargoyle Joel has his listen mode ability to track others from a distance. So he at least has a heads up on where his target is while Price is going in blind. Also Joel has fought off the military and the fireflies, both of which have arsenal arguably superior to Joel's arsenal.

@Glassman There's an obvious difference between your typical military soldier and Captain Price, though. Keep in mind.

Price has fought through cities of them.

Mr. Bambu said:
Price has fought through cities of them.
Do remember a less expirienced Price had to carry his leader through an entire army of soldiers after his leg got rekt by a downed chopper

That's officially 7 for Price.

Back