• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Marvel Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
I swear if i hear one "oh Captain Marvel sucks" during this im deleting that comment

Also her quote is from feckin Civil War II, don't use stuff from the worst thing she's ever starred in, we don't use Iron Man quotes from Superior Iron Man and Spider-Man quotes from One More Day either.

P&A Additions

• Her Intelligence should be at least Gifted in light of the 1st feat and the fact she's a US Air Force Pilot

This seems mostly fine. Healing is probably fine too, just explain how it works on the profile. I think that's stealth mastery? Not really sure.

Anyways...

• This doesn't really seem like resistance to power absorption, she says herself she's just absorbing it back.
  • I think Shockwave manipulation isn't really for just incidental creations so much as dedicated usage, though I find it kinda weird to list separately at all tbh
  • Disagree with heat resist, note how the guy himself says he's heating the outer layer of the sand.
  • Resisting sedatives can also be resistance to Poison Manipulation, since you can very much kill people with those. I say put both
  • I don't think absorbing sonic blasts is a specific power, doesn't she already have absorbtion
  • "Sterilizing your cells" wouldn't really be healing. Either she cleaned his cell structure, which okay fine, she stopped his cells from being able to reproduce, in which case how is he not dead, or it's just technobabble you can't give anything off of beyond what's actually shown.
  • I don't see any weapon being used in that weapon mastery scan
Anything I didn't mention seems fine

• k fine
  • I mean it is relevant in certain cases where characters can use it offensively, I considered that one relevant enough to be Environmental Destruction
  • Oh, didn't note that
  • I mean Sleep Manipulation covers it already, and it isn't like she's potentially overdosing on them
  • We tend to list the things she can absorb so people don't attempt to find loopholes like "bet she can't absorb that" which she is extremely vulnerable to in Vs. Debates for some reason.
  • Radioactive Spiders don't give superpowers either if we wanna talk realism It's very clearly shown from the context she cleared whatever microbe was causing the disease. I was gonna put it as a variant of Resistance to Disease Manipulation, but given she's ridding others of disease I considered it a variant of Healing instead
  • I mean it was supposed to represent her marksman skills, since that is put under Weapon Mastery within profiles for some reason, I can put it under Enhanced Senses in retrospect.

@Peter Her bioelectricity scan comes form the recent run iirc, you can post relevant feats if you want so they get verified and added real quick

• I'd probably not do shockwave myself
  • Well you see there's a reason that there are people who completely devote their careers to properly administering anesthetic, it's really quite easy to kill people even with regular amounts of themUp to you I guess
  • May as well list it then
  • Idk if removing diseases counts as healing, but if you go with healing you should note that she's just disinfecting him.
  • Yeah that's probably better

you really think you're slick editing my comment huh

why is this dude's power sexist lol

Yeah resistance to willpower seems to be better.

I'll make U pay for le sin, girl.

Plenty of this powers are already in the profile, things such as Stat Amp are sort of obvious..

I think I have it confused for something else then lol, there was one post-2000s run which was just a trainwreck.

Anyways that is derailing

Newendigo said:
Plenty of this powers are already in the profile, things such as Stat Amp are sort of obvious..
Without scans so they needed them to elaborate on their potency and no, they're not, a **** ton of characters can absorb things without any amps and Ms. Marvel has a specific amp stated towards her. Same goes for other so called "obvious powers"

Is obvious for her as her Notable Attack/Technique section and whole key of Binary implies that.

Also, now while you are editing, remove kinetic energy from her absorption, she is only sucking the heat from KE, not the KE itself.

My word is my bond.

@Newendigo because of course people check the Notable Attacks section to check for Powers and Abilities. Idk why you're being needlessly persistent mate, it would need scans regardless

Also I would prefer the profile being unlocked so I can apply the changes

May as well put them on if you got them. Not like having references is a bad thing

Newendigo said:
Many profiles don't need scan but okay.
You do know enhanced senses can just mean "I just see better in the dark" and not "I can snipe you from the orbit and see microscopic differences" and Extrasensory Perception by itself means nothing, Pressure Points doesn't just mean "I can nerve strike" it can also be Taskmaster level (hell someone gave kicking another in the dick as pressure points), the "resistances" to disease and poison are the standard terrestrial disease resists that Marvel gives their characters, Precognition, could be literally anything and nay not even be combat useful, Masteries are literally scan dependent and mean nothing on their own, Hell note those non-scanned abilities? How the hell does her Gravity Manip and Vibration Manipulation work?

Back on to resistances, they literally function on the potency of the attack, if you tanked a taser no problem, doesn't mean you can survive 222,000 V of electricity, Mindhax resist without any scans, good luck arguing that in a Versus Battles settings.

Literally the only thing in her profile that doesn't need scans, is her Flight and Energy Projection (which she doesn't have listed, lol), rest is just "I DON'T KNOW TO WHAT EXTENT SHE JUST HAS THIS I SWEAR"

I'm sorry for being persistent but that is just straight up wrong mentality regarding scans. And before you go "I know where they come from and have scans for them" you realistically can't join every single match made in existence for her and provide said scans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back