• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dalesean027

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Firstly we have this accepted calc below

The thing is both ends are accepted so I'd like to hear others options on which to go with for consistency sake.
The two values are 6.3767192639 Tons of TNT (Large Building level) and 1.807205 Tons of TNT (Building level+)

To these two characters who scale to it currently are those listed below.

Now for the Country level stuff😈😈

So while looking for feats for Captain America's shield in Marvel's Avengers I came across this in the Iron Man tie in comic which I hadn't considered before now

we see the Absorbing Man who was amped by Thor's lightning stagger the Hulk with a blow and Captain America's shield was able to damage him and seemingly withstand the blast afterwards as well.

Really I want to know if there is any solid precedent for the shields durability to scale to 6-B

It already scales to country level durability

However with this you could argue it to be country level AP when thrown by Cap as stupid as that sounds

It already scales to country level durability

However with this you could argue it to be country level AP when thrown by Cap as stupid as that sounds
Wrong cap💀💀

Firstly we have this accepted calc below

The thing is both ends are accepted so I'd like to hear others options on which to go with for consistency sake.
The two values are 6.3767192639 Tons of TNT (Large Building level) and 1.807205 Tons of TNT (Building level+)

To these two characters who scale to it currently are those listed below.
I would say go with the high end. I’m not a calc member so correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t the groundburst be more accurate as Cap was inside when he tanked the explosion?

If so, then I’d go with the High 8-C end

He's literally at the epicenter of the blast not even a meter away? Does it apply
Even being 50 centimeters away from the explosion would drastically decrease the amount of energy you are receiving from it, Cap needs to be point-blank to the point bear-hugging to fully scale.

So I would appreciate if someone checked the exact distance away he was from the epicenter of the explosion.

Even being 50 centimeters away from the explosion would drastically decrease the amount of energy you are receiving from it, Cap needs to be point-blank to the point bear-hugging to fully scale.

So I would appreciate if someone checked the exact distance away he was from the epicenter of the explosion.
It's in the clip on the blog like he punches the thing that immediately causes the explosion on contact so he should literally be touching it
@Dalesean027 said this at the top of the blog:
See here

He was literally the one who caused it by attacking the reactor, causing it to explode right on him

The threshold for that to qualify would be less than 0.23-0.3 meters depending on your height and mass, correct. I'd know, I used the inverse-square law formula and tried it out on the average cross-sectional area, bare minimum distance from epicenter you need to be close to, in order to scale to full yield is 0.23-0.24 m (For any kind of explosion), you get more leeway and can be farther away if you're taller and heavier which'd result in a bigger cross-sectional area.

That should preferably be done.

The threshold for that to qualify would be less than 0.23-0.3 meters depending on your height and mass.
Yes, using the formula below those values get higher results than the explosion itself for some reason, but it looks like Cap was directly attacking the source with a punch, and that what was caused the explosion.

Without any context I would think Cap is an idiot.

Last edited:
Okay so guys I know it looks bad that I'm saying this right after I made a match with my character but I actually don't believe Cap shield hits should be 6-B

The reason why?

I decided to go read the comics after this thread and with full context it seems like Caps shield knocked him into the water which caused the explosion due to the energy dispersing in the water

And this isn't just a theory because in the Hulk comic after it we see Bruce fight a being of pure energy much like Absorbing Man and he defeats him by doing the same exact thing, knocking him into the water

Which is really similar to the absorbing man explosion

I still haven't changed my opinion on the shields Durability being 6-B tho that seems like a given

Dalesean for pointing this out I'd like to make up for it by giving Iron Man a new ability

sau_8Qj-KHtZ7I3jOIgDeDfwGQ8HwDfXQChrVfX3eChQlmHnr9zJPcp0djZNs0rAKwJxJRsHB16p8QJv4kizoTxcnLjmXWgZxqGCmGTx9xhfW3biKdZq0SjufxqJWbG3_6TEUC7Xsw=s0

Based on this panel Iron Man should have Sound Manipulation

Okay so guys I know it looks bad that I'm saying this right after I made a match with my character but I actually don't believe Cap shield hits should be 6-B

The reason why?

I decided to go read the comics after this thread and with full context it seems like Caps shield knocked him into the water which caused the explosion due to the energy dispersing in the water

And this isn't just a theory because in the Hulk comic after it we see Bruce fight a being of pure energy much like Absorbing Man and he defeats him by doing the same exact thing, knocking him into the water

Which is really similar to the absorbing man explosion

I still haven't changed my opinion on the shields Durability being 6-B tho that seems like a given

Dalesean for pointing this out I'd like to make up for it by giving Iron Man a new ability

sau_8Qj-KHtZ7I3jOIgDeDfwGQ8HwDfXQChrVfX3eChQlmHnr9zJPcp0djZNs0rAKwJxJRsHB16p8QJv4kizoTxcnLjmXWgZxqGCmGTx9xhfW3biKdZq0SjufxqJWbG3_6TEUC7Xsw=s0

Based on this panel Iron Man should have Sound Manipulation

And yeah i'm thinking maybe AP should go as well and we just keep dura, oh that and cap should have enhanced senses and Resistance to disease manip for this since he says he's been dealing with the exact same thing as Spider-Man for 90 years getting enhanced senses and being cured of asthma by the serum

I agree on the iron man stuff as well hes also the one who made all the sonic weapons for SHIELD that AIM stole so there's that as well

Back