• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can’t Stop the Singer (Boyfriend vs A-Train) [GRACE]

I don't imagine speed needs to be equalized with BF having a Class K LS advantage and higher AP. BF is Subsonic, so A-Train being able to use their Transonic speed should give them a bit of an advantage they could use.

I don't imagine speed needs to be equalized with BF having a Class K LS advantage and higher AP. BF is Subsonic, so A-Train being able to use their Transonic speed should give them a bit of an advantage they could use.
I mean, doesn't only combat speed get equalized in vs matches anyway? A Train still keeps his Travel speed advantage.

I mean, doesn't only combat speed get equalized in vs matches anyway? A Train still keeps his Travel speed advantage.
I think A-Train should have the combat speed advantage too seeing as he has the inferior AP and LS. And it's not like the advantage is by much. BF scales to like 187 m/s. A-Train 371 m/s. It'd be like a 2x speed advantage, no?

Looking at it, not too big a difference. So yeah I’ll unequalize

So, what does A-Train do against BF's Social Influencing?
Well usually there’s outside factors before BF starts a rap battle like Daddy Dearest trying to show his better musical skills and Pico dating him. I’d assume in just a street fight, he’d beat you up like PhantomArcade said. Especially since A-Train starts by running at almost 2x his reactions. Also gonna make the distance 3 meters so A-Train can actually get that running start.

As far as BF's social influencing goes, it's unlikely but not impossible for that to happen. All he really did was beep at Tankman and that prompted Tankman to start a rapbattle because he was bored ("it's been a boring day, let's see what you've got")

So he could potentially try that again, but I have to assume A-Train isn't as careless as Tankman and probably wouldnt be dragged into a rap battle.

so it's more than likely going to be a normal fight. Correct me if I'm wrong, but A-Train doesn't really have much actual skill, he's just the fastest person in the verse and that let's him handle stuff. BF has reactions that are only a little bit behind A-Train, not even enough for a blitz.

so it's more than likely going to be a normal fight. Correct me if I'm wrong, but A-Train doesn't really have much actual skill, he's just the fastest person in the verse and that let's him handle stuff. BF has reactions that are only a little bit behind A-Train, not even enough for a blitz.
A Train doesn't really have any wincons other than just running around the battlefield while also tagging BF as he's doing that while also praying not to get tagged himself.

What are BF's wincons? If his only way of winning is just tryna hit A Train, the fight's not gonna go in his favour, considering A Train also has the stamina advantage.

A Train doesn't really have any wincons other than just running around the battlefield while also tagging BF as he's doing that while also praying not to get tagged himself.

What are BF's wincons? If his only way of winning is just tryna hit A Train, the fight's not gonna go in his favour, considering A Train also has the stamina advantage.
If he gets off a grab he could incap A-Train that way. He also has his mic which could potentially deal some damage like the unused animation where he throws it.

If he gets off a grab he could incap A-Train that way. He also has his mic which could potentially deal some damage like the unused animation where he throws it.
Can he grab A Train though? I know the difference isn't enough for a blitz, but BF has no way of catching him other than outspeeding him in some way as he has no Analytical Prediction feats listed in his profile, and has Below Average intelligence on top of that.

A Train can fairly damage him with V as there are only about 1.2x difference between them, and even if A Train does get tagged, the gap isn't enough for a one shot so he can just continue wearing him down by time.

Can he grab A Train though? I know the difference isn't enough for a blitz, but BF has no way of catching him other than outspeeding him in some way as he has no Analytical Prediction feats listed in his profile, and has Below Average intelligence on top of that.

A Train can fairly damage him with V as there are only about 1.2x difference between them, and even if A Train does get tagged, the gap isn't enough for a one shot so he can just continue wearing him down by time.
If A-Train is just doing simple attacks while running at BF, I think the latter’s street smarts should help him with getting off a quick grab. I feel even an idiot would try to catch someone they can’t punch. And his resilient immortality means he can endure enough to maybe shake off a hit fast enough to get A-Train before he evades. It helps A-Train is implied to not be able to react as fast as he runs while amped while BF’s subsonic feat was pretty casual.

It seems this really depends on if Boyfriend gets lucky and does manage to take A-Train off hit feet since he’d easily win a ground fight with LS.

This seems like its gonna go one of two ways, either A-Train wears Boyfriend down over time while avoiding getting hit or Boyfriend manages to grab A-Train.

I'm unsure which is more likely to happen? I do think that it' worth noting that Boyfriend really only needs to grab A-Train once and then he basically wins due to superior LS and AP. Meanwhile, A-Train will need to hit Boyfriend multiple times due to the Ap/Dura difference.

If A-Train is just doing simple attacks while running at BF, I think the latter’s street smarts should help him with getting off a quick grab.
Though he needs speed to do that as he has no prediction feats.
And his resilient immortality means he can endure enough to maybe shake off a hit fast enough to get A-Train before he evades.
I mean, he can't really do that if he can't grab A Train in the first place.
It helps A-Train is implied to not be able to react as fast as he runs while amped
Quoting the speed page:
Reaction speed is reacting to an attack that you don't know is going to happen, or at a very close range. The reaction speed of a character also tends to be higher than their movement speed.
Travel Speed is almost always higher than Reaction Speed. It would require some very concrete evidence to state otherwise. Comp-V boosts every stat of the user when used, which includes Reaction Speed as well, so I don't see why his Reactions wouldn't get amped by the same amount of his travel speed amps.

Though he needs speed to do that as he has no prediction feats.

I mean, he can't really do that if he can't grab A Train in the first place.

Quoting the speed page:

Travel Speed is almost always higher than Reaction Speed. It would require some very concrete evidence to state otherwise. Comp-V boosts every stat of the user when used, which includes Reaction Speed as well, so I don't see why his Reactions wouldn't get amped by the same amount of his travel speed amps.
The speed difference isn’t too great and going off the video it seems A-Train just tries blitzing before going for punches which isn’t too complicated to respond to without prediction. BF seems to be at least decently more skilled so it’s not too unfeasible for him to tag him for a grab.

“While he can achieve higher speeds than normal via Compound V, his reactions might not be on the same level, as seen when him obliterated someone's body by running through her somewhat accidentally.”

The speed difference isn’t too great and going off the video it seems A-Train just tries blitzing before going for punches which isn’t too complicated to respond to without prediction.
Well the idea behind a 3x speed difference is your opponent moving 3 meters at the same time you move 1. What he did to The Deep in the vid is pretty much that. I don't see why he wouldn't do it to BF.
“While he can achieve higher speeds than normal via Compound V, his reactions might not be on the same level, as seen when him obliterated someone's body by running through her somewhat accidentally.”
Well it's possible that he was just crossing a corner or was distracted with something else (which he was), more than his reactions not being enough to get himself out of the way.

There's also a possibility where he simply didn't give a **** about a random civillian being in his way, as Vought would save him anyway.

Well the idea behind a 3x speed difference is your opponent moving 3 meters at the same time you move 1. What he did to The Deep in the vid is pretty much that. I don't see why he wouldn't do it to BF.

Well it's possible that he was just crossing a corner or was distracted with something else (which he was), more than his reactions not being enough to get himself out of the way.

There's also a possibility where he simply didn't give a **** about a random civillian being in his way, as Vought would save him anyway.
He’s just under 2x BF’s reactions is the thing. Sure he can move faster but Boyfriend would still be able to see what he’s doing unlike The Deep who was blitzed since he’s Athletic Human.

That’s possible, but it’s also possible in his drug influenced state his body was going too fast for his brain to tell him to change directions. There’s legit precedence to assume since it’s on his page and he looked pretty shocked after running through the girl. He stops and then justifies his action to himself like he can’t properly process it which wouldn’t be the case if he knew what he was doing.

So his reactions/travel would be 1.9x above BF. Not exactly enough to run circles around him, but good.
Reminder that only Boyfriend's reaction speed is Subsonic+. It'll allow him to try and dodge A-Train's attacks but not fight on par with his speed. He'll need combat speed for that.

i vote a-train via the tagging strategy; a-train has higher stamina in this key so he'd definitely win in a prolonged fight

a-train could also see if boyfriend is trying to grab him while he's going in for the next hit. a-train definitely has experience outmaneuvering supes like deep and starlight, but we haven't seen boyfriend throw a fist yet since his only combat feat is a statement. so i'll assume a-train is more skilled and less prone to making mistakes than boyfriend in a fight like this

Boyfriend has a very good chance of winning if he manages to grab onto A-Train but that is unlikely to happen thanks to the latter's superior speed and combat experience as mentioned above. Relationship Destroyer FRA.

Back