• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can we scale Darkrai to Mewtwo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would understand that a complete composite could be Low 2-C, but a canon composite would seem to be on the level of Mewtwo using Pkmn Adv

So... separate tabs for manga and anime then?

That's the only way I can see this getting resolved.

Darkrai is inconsistent as all hell, mainly because there's supposed to be more than one of them, meaning all their feats are different. For instance, one was defeated by Sceptile, another fought evenly with Mewtwo, and another held its own against sealed Palkia and Dialga.

That said, if anything, scaling to Mewtwo is pretty much the least controversial you can possibly get, so I have no problems with it.

I got one problem with Mystery Dungeon Darkrai. This would mean all the starters, Pikachu, Lucario, Meowth, Snarlax, Skitty, Vulpix and Cresselia would be 2-C Now of course we could just count it as an outlier for the non legendary pokemon. Cresselia and Darkrai should be fine however.

Darkrai has fought Giratina in the manga once from what I read, and he wanted to distort space to plunge the entire universe into darkness and horror in one game

FanofRPGs said:
He wanted to distort space to plunge the entire universe into darkness and horror in one game
That game was Mystery Dungeon (Previosly mentioned by Dragonmasterxyz). Here he fought on par with Cresselia, the player character and his companion after they were able to defeat Dialga and Palkia. Overall Darkrai ranges from Multi-City Block level (By fightning with Sceptile) to Universe level+, possibly Multi-Universe level (Mentioned above).

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I got one problem with Mystery Dungeon Darkrai. This would mean all the starters, Pikachu, Lucario, Meowth, Snarlax, Skitty, Vulpix and Cresselia would be 2-C Now of course we could just count it as an outlier for the non legendary pokemon. Cresselia and Darkrai should be fine however.
The player and partner Pokémon of the mystery dungeon series are generally depicted as far above and beyond all other Pokémon, to the point where they can take on any of the legendaries in the game, and since it's non-canon, and really makes little to no attempts at keeping consistent with the regular continuity, it doesn't seem like a problem.

As for Darkrai, I'd be all for scaling Darkrai to Mewtwo in canon, and listing non-canon composite as low 2C.

The real cal howard said:
Coincidentally, I have no opinion on the low 2-C stats (coincidential because I started this thread), but Darkrai also planned to merge two worlds in Pokepark 2 from what I've heard.
Yea something like that. He created a dark vortex in the form of a black hole that was gonna suck up both the Pokepark and Wish Park worlds, as well as (i think) Reshiram and Zekroms dimensions. Either way, ur right on this comment.

I think it would be best to go with my original suggestion. Being generous, we could put at most Uni+

Why is Complete Composite Darkrai "Possibly Infinite"? If his AP is made solid, why wouldn't his speed since they're scaled from the same thing?

Also, just remembered something. Didn't Arceus himself take time out of his busy schedule to talk about Darkrai after you capture/defeat him?

-Implies Arceus is ever busy XD

Yeah he did, but he simply was stating that Darkrai is a kind pokemon and that he went to New Moon Island out of fear of hurting others with his nightmares or something along those lines.

An important part is that Arceus called Darkrai strong even when Darkrai tried to hide his power lol.

Obviously XD. Like Arceus thinks anything is near him lol. Just stating that that having "Even god says Darkrai is strong" would look badass on his profile.

Also, since we're on the subject on mythical Pokemon, should I create a Manaphy profile and put it at High 6-A, as M09 implies that Manaphy is superior to Kyogre?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back