• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can someone explain the 1 category to me in a way I can understand?

The 1 category is the only one I cannot understand at all. Here is how I see it:

3A: Can destroy a universe

Low 2C: Can destroy at least one full universe and do some damage to another one all in one blast

High 2C: Can destroy up to a thousand universes

2B: Can destroy anywhere from 1001 universes to any number of universes that is not infinite

2A: Can destroy an infinite number of universes

0: True perfect omnipotence. Can literally do anything, ignoring all logic

The 1 category is what I cannot understand. I have read it several times and it is too complicated for me to understand.

"These are 6-11-dimensional (What the **** does that mean?) characters. Even 6-dimensional characters can logically easily destroy a more than countably infinite number of 5-dimensional (What?) space-time continuums, and 7-dimensional (I do not know what Anything Dimensional means) characters exceed that scale a more than countably infinite number of times, and so onwards. However, these characters do not exceed the 11-dimensional scale of the complete totality of a full multiverse, as defined by M-Theory (I don't understand this at all)".

What is the M theory? What do these dimension things mean? I have been on this wiki for months and I still cannot understand it. Why can't someone explain it to me in English and not geek a neez? How do you tell if someone belongs in the 2 category or 1 category? Does it all have to do with dimensions? I cannot understand this whole dimension thing at all, so I try to ignore it, but it seems that the 1 category relies entirely on it. What do these dimensions mean? How do you know how many dimensions belong to a verse? Please explain it to me as simply as possible.

Firstly, swear police is here. Please calm down.

"Although a complete formulation of M-theory is not known, the theory should describe two- and five-dimensional objects called branes and should be approximated by eleven-dimensional supergravity at low energies." (Thank you Wikipedia!)

M-theroy says that the multiverse has 10 spatial dimensions including our known three (height, width, depth) and one more dimension, time. The other seven do not have a name. A Tier 1 character is able to experiance the universe in 6-11 dimensions, and, thanks to M-theroy's rules, they cannot experiance the universe in more dimensions than that (I don't think even Tier 0 characters can do that).

The reason why 6 dimensions is the cutoff point for Tier 1 characters is because 5 dimensions already exist in mathemetics and are used often. However, the 6th dimension is never touched with a forty foot pole. Any character that is feasably able to experiance the multiverse in 6 dimensions should be considered Tier 1, and any verse that does not have any specific laws of physics that are different from out own should be considered to be subject to M-theroy, and therefor, have 11 dimensions.

I understand that that made approximately no sense. So I will give you an example of a Tier 1 being that I am familier with. SCP-682. There is a tale on the SCP Foundation wiki, We're Off To Be The Lizard that will help you understand some of what I'm gonna tell you now. Also, read up on who Doctor Bright and SCP-963 is, which will also help.

So, in this tale, our Doctor Bright takes control of SCP-682's body using SCP-963. Doctor Bright is considered by this wiki to be High 8-C. Yay for him. But when he is stuck in the lizard's mind, he doesn't see the containment chamber where it resides. He sees... something different. The tale is annoyingly vague. While in this weird dreamscape, he meets D-113, the first person assimilated into him. This D-Class explains to him that, quote:

"See, your mind, it isn't ready for this. It can't, uhm, really deal with how 682 sees things. So, it came up with this as a defense. Only, it's not just your mind. 963 is involved, and somehow, bits and pieces of the leftovers of those you've taken over are being animated, to help. Only, it's still part of you. Uhm. Does that make sense?"

If you are confused, don't worry. Jack Bright is very smart, and that statement confused him too. Long story short, Jack, who can only experiance the world in five dimensions (height, width, depth, time, plus that fifth dimension, which the Foundation describe as Hume levels) would not be able to experiance the world in the same way that SCP-682 does. His mind forms a frail defense, and he is forced to escape from 682's body before it shatters under the strain. Not even hundred to thousands (how many people Bright has assimilated) of people's minds assisting him could help him to deal with the absolutely infinite strain.

That is the difference between Tier 0-1 and Tiers 2-11. None of those tiers can even come close to experiancing the world in the same way that a Tier 0-1 character like SCP-682 could. Jack had his mind censored, and he almost was destroyed all the same.

Does that help a little?

@Frieza

Actually 3-A is destroying everything inside of a universe, every planet, star and all other celestial objects in one blast.

But Low 2-C is destroying the very fabric of time-space that comprises the Universe. As far as I know, a low 2-C attack would spread through past, present and future and erase everything that comes in its way.

That's also not really the distinction made between yiers 3A and low 2C. For 3A, it's just normal, 3D damage done above the number that this wiki accepts for the standard. It's mundane destruction. However, for low 2-C, you have to affect the temporal structure beneath it all. For that tier, you are fundamentally altering not only the physical universe but also the temporal aspect, which this wiki will consider 4D. A lot of 3D characters do this, and that's expected due to how many there are. For low 2-C, look for stuff like creating universes and their space times. High 3A serves as a buffer between the two, used in a similar fashion to that mundane destruction of 3A but with an infinite amount of power. There's also the rarer version of really weak 4D powers, but like 2 profiles use that. This may seem confusing at first, but over time you get used to it.

Of note, 1-A is just a really weird tier in general. If you're new to the idea of dimensional tiering, I'd just stay away from 1A stuff, and just know that it's unfathomably above all the lower tiers.

I probably won't know more about this than any other experienced member here.

You can find more information here: Dimensional Tiering, Composite Hierarchies

We probably need a similar page that explains tier 1-A though, i.e. characters that transcend all concepts of time and space in their entireties.

Think of it this way: If there was an infinitely powerful 2D being that existed, it can only be infinitely powerful in the context of the two dimensions it exists in. Even a weak 3D character could potentially "rip the paper", the very fabric of reality that the 2D character exists within.

The same logic applies when you move up. A 4D character could do that to a 3D character, a 5D to a 4D, and so on. Infinity times zero is still zero, so as a general rule the greater dimensional character will be stronger.

Back