• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can plot manipulation work outside of a narrative?

I was thinking about this for a while and wanted to see what other people had to say. Can plot manipulation work outside of plot? Because when it comes tk vs debates the power seems almost irrelevant. Compared to stuff like reality warping or concept manipulation. Does plot manipulation have any power outsude of the plot?

What do you mean "irrelevant"? Plot-hax can be absolutely broken depending on scale. Of course we assume that it can work outside its own narrative, same with any other power. Unless you mean that the character is specifically taken to a place without any narrative which seems unlikely.

Well technically a vs debate takes place outside of narrative. I ask because a guy named webcamparrot says superman has plot manipulation that places him beyond the overvoid. Which already seems ridiculous but still.

That's what some guy on YouTube was saying. He says superman has plot hax through the "power of supermans story" that basically gives him the adaptive powers of the thought robot at anytime. Of course I think its ridiculous but it's a claim that has been going around.

Lets see now that i got more info. Plot manip is basically a variation of reality warping but there reality is fictional as they exist in a plot. - Like I exist within a story and I can alter it any way I please. - Altering the story of how its supposed to function. Reality warping affects reality and Plot typically affects the story events and fiction. Monika in a sense applies for both reality warping and plot manipulation becuase she can alter her own data file (Warping already known data which alters the reality not changing the already known story line) and has the script which you see alot of in the second half of the game where the story is literally altered from what its normally like.

Like for example

I walk into a corridor to see a lady singing (Somehow gets restarted to the point before I did which) I walk into a corridor to see a lady crying

- This would be changing the plot - The event of what's current with something different.

Well now looking at what I said. It must exist within a story or it would just be causality manipulation (having a cause and end up getting a different effect everytime) And their are other things plot Hax can do but the definition of it states of a character altering the plot. And if you do not exist within a plot or make a plot then it's not plot manipulation

Yeah but when you think about it a vs battle typically takes place outside of a story with plot. So wouldnt that mean there is no plot to manipulate.

I mean if it's a passive/ a start for someone to make a story for the 2 people to fight in, i guess it is battle applicable. And you are right, their no plot to manipulate and it would have to be specifically in the OP about the location (I think)

SBA would just assume that they take place in a place with plot, it's not that complicated.

If the said character's acausality works with PM in their verse then yes, probally. If not, i'm not sure.

I means, even characters that have Acausality type 5 are just characters exist in fiction and still bound by the plot. But if they have shown to be able to resist the PM in their verse then it's no problem to accept that their acausality will work fine with PM. If they dont, then in my honest opinion, then it's probally wont work.

I think that higher dimensional beings should be able to resist PM from the Lower dimensions beings.

Higher-D beings resist everything from lower-D beings, unless it's smurf-hax or something.

oops, just realize the op is asking something difference. Well, like Planck and Ricardo said, the SBA assumes both of them fight somewhere with a plot. But i think if the OP stated the location is somewhere outside of the plot, make sure that both of the combatants can move outside their in-verse "plots".

That would be like making to people fight outside fate or cause and effect. That match would make no sense unless he's spiting the guy with plot-hax.

Back