• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can I add this verse on the wiki?

Recently a friend recommended the Blue and White Series, which is a series of web novels. I personally want to add it to the wiki but I was doubting whether or not it would be allowed due to how many things from other media pop up in it. The series itself is plenty popular enough with its ebooks millions of listens, its own devoted forum with thousands of people, hundreds of reviews, and its own comic of the third novel in the series and it is not listed under the fanfiction section in Qidian or anything like that.

The issue is that the first book focuses on an MC that randomly transforms into different media characters, like one time he turned into a character from LoL, another a character from Pokemon, and even Sun Wukong. The world itself is not based on any media I'm aware of and the story is originally by the Author though it does have clear inspiration from things like SCP and StarCraft.

Anyway just wanted to know if the series would be allowed since I've already been putting in time making the profiles.

Do you have any sandbox for that? Also, I think it meet our requirements. I am unsure, let's ask Agnaa

Recently a friend recommended the Blue and White Series, which is a series of web novels. I personally want to add it to the wiki but I was doubting whether or not it would be allowed due to how many things from other media pop up in it. The series itself is plenty popular enough with its ebooks millions of listens, its own devoted forum with thousands of people, hundreds of reviews, and its own comic of the third novel in the series and it is not listed under the fanfiction section in Qidian or anything like that.

The issue is that the first book focuses on an MC that randomly transforms into different media characters, like one time he turned into a character from LoL, another a character from Pokemon, and even Sun Wukong. The world itself is not based on any media I'm aware of and the story is originally by the Author though it does have clear inspiration from things like SCP and StarCraft.

Anyway just wanted to know if the series would be allowed since I've already been putting in time making the profiles.
Can you add some link or picture for proof of popularity ?

Personally, I'm neutral in this, but I'll address two things regarding this verse.

Appearance of copyrighted characters is likely a disqualification point. It should be noted that copyright law in the origin region of this webnovel is less harsh than those in the United States, but it is still a thing. A further analysis is needed.

Also, the characters (Sun Wukong, a Pokemon character, a LoL character) should never be scaled to their original appearance counterpart.

Finally, everything which touch the Tier 1 realm should be discussed and approved by admin especially when dealing with non-English works, I suppose.

Personally, I'm neutral in this, but I'll address two things regarding this verse.

Appearance of copyrighted characters is likely a disqualification point. It should be noted that copyright law in the origin region of this webnovel is less harsh than those in the United States, but it is still a thing. A further analysis is needed.
Not sure if this would help but all of the novels are serialized under Qidian and listed and one is listed to be under CC BY-SA 3.0.

scoob and shag has been rejected before so this is probably gonna get disqualified as well. If the transformation was, let's say, based on an SCP that is acknowledged in the lore of the verse then maybe it would be ok but considering it is literally transformations into copyrighted characters then no

Not sure if this would help but all of the novels are serialized under Qidian and listed and one is listed to be under CC BY-SA 3.0.
scoob and shag has been rejected before so this is probably gonna get disqualified as well. If the transformation was, let's say, based on an SCP that is acknowledged in the lore of the verse then maybe it would be ok but considering it is literally transformations into copyrighted characters then no

this should be brought up to staff then. Also, being copyrighted itself means nothing. I can write a mario x stranger things fanfic on wattpad and i could copyright it as it is an option.

the reqs still meet huh? Did you not see the proof of popurality?
I have no idea if it meets the standard to be indexed or not, I only know it's strong lol, probably like the second strongest chinese novel according to another debating community that I know

this should be brought up to staff then. Also, being copyrighted itself means nothing. I can write a mario x stranger things fanfic on wattpad and i could copyright it as it is an option.
Complicating won't help either, my brother. Also, elaborate on what the issue is. You talked about copyright issue and now you are saying copyrighted means nothing 😭
I have no idea if it meets the standard to be indexed or not, I only know it's strong lol, probably like the second strongest chinese novel according to another debating community that I know
If you are talking about popularity, I think alone the fact it has 5m listeners is insane. (not passive readers, literally listeners)

If the novel itself is made by a battleboarder idk. I doubt any Chinese would know this wiki exists, lol.

Complicating won't help either, my brother. Also, elaborate on what the issue is. You talked about copyright issue and now you are saying copyrighted means nothing 😭
copyright means nothing if the work is copyrighted since copyrighting is possible even for fanfics on wattpad. What matters is if its using copyrighted characters since that is copyright infringement. If it was SCP which has a copyright which lets you use SCPs freely as long as you credit it then it might have been ok but if it uses pokemon and such it's probably not good.

copyright means nothing if the work is copyrighted since copyrighting is possible even for fanfics on wattpad. What matters is if its using copyrighted characters since that is copyright infringement. If it was SCP which has a copyright which lets you use SCPs freely as long as you credit it then it might have been ok but if it uses pokemon and such it's probably not good.
Would not the novel actually be flagged if it is true?

idk man, sometimes copyrighters doesn't have time to read an extremely random chinese novel
You got a point, but we are talking about a popular novel series. And they are lowkey doing money.
Yk copyright is not only about protection...

You got a point, but we are talking about a popular novel series. And they are lowkey doing money.
Yk copyright is not only about protection...

this has 49 mil views and thousands of likes per chapter. It makes money with patreon and i think merch. Wasn't allowed to be added here even if the cartoon characters were renamed.

this has 49 mil views and thousands of likes per chapter. It makes money with patreon and i think merch. Wasn't allowed to be added here even if the cartoon characters were renamed.
What was the reason?

I know this is "Whataboutism" but what about all the other verses on the wiki that do the exact same thing?

This is a prime example as it features Mario, Pokemon, League of Legends, and specifically Minecraft to such a heavy degree it's an intricate part of the story. And the abilities of sed characters are present in the profiles.

I know this is "Whataboutism" but what about all the other verses on the wiki that do the exact same thing?

This is a prime example as it features Mario, Pokemon, League of Legends, and specifically Minecraft to such a heavy degree it's an intricate part of the story. And the abilities of sed characters are present in the profiles.
that verse's existence is hella sus ngl

staff called it basically fanfiction.
Fanfiction? We have a lot of fanfiction here, as @ActuallySpaceMan mentioned above

Imao, I used to watch it, and it was really entertaining, but I never knew it is listed in vsbattle. Let me check.

Back