• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MinatoSparkle

He/Him
What I said in the OP. Do you think Edos can get stronger through fighting or training or whatever or do they have a fixed cap from the moment they're revived?

I think it's pretty clear they cant grow stronger or anything like that. They are controlling corpses after all.
What about those not controlled like the Edo Hokage? Cause we know they can get weaker such as with Minato getting a mental nerf.

main-qimg-0347c0eb821cda216cecdad163367dbf

Last edited:
What about those not controlled like the Edo Hokage? Cause we know they can get weaker such as with Minato getting a mental nerf.
In the end they are still dead possessing corpses. Limiting yourself consciously or not does not mean growth. If you could grow stronger as a Edo then Madara would have been doing so all those years.

In the end they are still dead possessing corpses. Limiting yourself consciously or not does not mean growth. If you could grow stronger as a Edo then Madara would have been doing so all those years.
Madara couldn't be a Juubi Jinchuriki as an Edo. Also, Obito didn't know how to use the Edo Tensei jutsu.

We do know that they can get stronger through external power-ups (such as the Edo-Jinchuriki and Minato). And you do have the case of Nagato going from barely being able to walk, to fighting KCM Naruto and Bee after absorbing chakra so there's definitely some correlation between chakra and their vitality.

ningendo-nagato-on-naruto.jpg

We can't really say for certain that they can/cannot get stronger through training but i think we can say with confidence that (for some reason) if an Edo learned Sage-mode (or got an eye-transplant, etc) after revival that their abilities would be stronger than usual.

Yeah, bjt Kurama Avatar stomps both
No, either SM or KCM Minato stomps. Base Minato is Bijuu level, so with a more than 10x amp from SM, he's stronger than 100% Kurama. And KCM Minato displayed relativity to BSM Naruto against Juubito, and human BSM Naruto would also stomp the base Kurama Avatar.
We do know that they can get stronger through external power-ups (such as the Edo-Jinchuriki and Minato). And you do have the case of Nagato going from barely being able to walk, to fighting KCM Naruto and Bee after absorbing chakra so there's definitely some correlation between chakra and their vitality.

ningendo-nagato-on-naruto.jpg

We can't really say for certain that they can/cannot get stronger through training but i think we can say with confidence that (for some reason) if an Edo learned Sage-mode (or got an eye-transplant, etc) after revival that their abilities would be stronger than usual.
I think it's likely they can get stronger just by fighting and stuff. Cause Late WA Base Minato showed a lot of feats beyond his Alive self.

This has nothing to do with anything. Minato's mental state holding him back doesn't mean he actually got weaker physically or somehow had access to less chakra volume. It just means he's not in a good enough mental state to fight to the best of his abilities.
Anyway, there's nothing to indicate that Edo Tensei can get stronger, without some form of interference from the Jutsu caster.

No, either SM or KCM Minato stomps. Base Minato is Bijuu level, so with a more than 10x amp from SM, he's stronger than 100% Kurama. And KCM Minato displayed relativity to BSM Naruto against Juubito, and human BSM Naruto would also stomp the base Kurama Avatar.

I think it's likely they can get stronger just by fighting and stuff. Cause Late WA Base Minato showed a lot of feats beyond his Alive self.
So... Minato is weaker with his Kurama avatar? And, as a High 7-A, he's somehow stronger than a 6-B?

Lol yes
This has nothing to do with anything. Minato's mental state holding him back doesn't mean he actually got weaker physically or somehow had access to less chakra volume. It just means he's not in a good enough mental state to fight to the best of his abilities.
Anyway, there's nothing to indicate that Edo Tensei can get stronger, without some form of interference from the Jutsu caster.
I mean, chakra is composed of the body and mind, it makes sense that if the mind's weaker, the chakra's weaker.

We don't rlly see Alive Minato performing feats like this.
main-qimg-67d5b247dd9cd82123499581cb41e378-pjlq

So... Minato is weaker with his Kurama avatar? And, as a High 7-A, he's somehow stronger than a 6-B?
I'm talking about the normal Kurama Avatar, not Minato's, since you said "Kurama Avatar stomps both," I thought u meant someone else beating Minato.

I disagree with the site stats. This isn't an official vs battle where those need to be adhered to.

I mean, chakra is composed of the body and mind, it makes sense that if the mind's weaker, the chakra's weaker.
Yes, but that's not an inherent "nerf". It's just the character's mental state preventing him from using his abilities to their full capacity. If we were to, say, bloodlust "dazed" Minato he'd be just as strong as ever.
We barely saw Alive Minato in action anyway, and it's not like he has anti-feats. There's no reason for him not to scale to this. Him easily reacting to the top speed of a top tier like the Raikage, who's on his level of speed, is already good enough proof that Minato's reactions are above his physical speed anyway.

Yes, but that's not an inherent "nerf". It's just the character's mental state preventing him from using his abilities to their full capacity. If we were to, say, bloodlust "dazed" Minato he'd be just as strong as ever.
Because him being bloodlusted removes him being in a stupor.
We barely saw Alive Minato in action anyway, and it's not like he has anti-feats. There's no reason for him not to scale to this. Him easily reacting to the top speed of a top tier like the Raikage, who's on his level of speed, is already good enough proof that Minato's reactions are above his physical speed anyway.
He has anti-feats against YM Obito, although it's possible to argue he was drained at that point.

Bold of u to assume Ay is on Minato's level of speed, but anyways, it's not like Edo Minato only has reaction speed feats. Him tossing a kunai at Kakashi in time to intercept a TSO is a combat speed feat.
https://****************/wp-content/uploads/WP-manga/data/manga_61ca6ef79253a/0f6517b83cfeac5ed3d4ce9f8209d181/NARUTO%E2%80%94%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%88%E2%80%94-%E3%82%AB%E3%83%A9%E3%83%BC%E7%89%88-69---p183-%5BaKraa%5D.png

No, either SM or KCM Minato stomps. Base Minato is Bijuu level, so with a more than 10x amp from SM, he's stronger than 100% Kurama.
You literally said this as if you were correcting someone so… yeah, you’re definitely acting like this is factual when it’s not.

main-qimg-67d5b247dd9cd82123499581cb41e378-pjlq

I'm talking about the normal Kurama Avatar, not Minato's, since you said "Kurama Avatar stomps both," I thought u meant someone else beating Minato.

I disagree with the site stats. This isn't an official vs battle where those need to be adhered to.

Then again feats =/= max performance, we likely never saw this from Minato because he never really got pressured to this extent and the general consensus regarding Edo's would indicate that Alive Minato should scale by default.
(It's also very hard to quantify a lot of Edo-Minato's feats because a good portion of them have different asterisks surrouding them)

Nagato getting stronger does go against the idea that Edo's have a fixed limit and is probably the biggest questionmark here, there's really nobody else we can say for certain is stronger than their alive versions base-to-base

You literally said this as if you were correcting someone so… yeah, you’re definitely acting like this is factual when it’s not.
How is saying "Yeah, bjt Kurama Avatar stomps both" any less factually stated?
Literally the only way you've interacted with me is "debunking" everything I say by throwing your headcanon around. It is somewhat annoying.
Is "Hashirama was tossing Bijuu around no diff. His wood style also weakens Bijuu. Besides, he can set up Sage Mode as he fights due to wood style." Not trying to debunk me? I'm literally just arguing like anyone else would. Do you want me to tape 'in my opinion' to the start of every comment? Cause I can do that, but it's kinda implied by the fact that I'm...you know, not an omniscient being.
Then again feats =/= max performance, we likely never saw this from Minato because he never really got pressured to this extent and the general consensus regarding Edo's would indicate that Alive Minato should scale by default.
But he had no reason to hold back his combat speed against Obito.
(It's also very hard to quantify a lot of Edo-Minato's feats because a good portion of them have different asterisks surrouding them)
Wdym
Nagato getting stronger does go against the idea that Edo's have a fixed limit and is probably the biggest questionmark here, there's really nobody else we can say for certain is stronger than their alive versions base-to-base
Well there's Itachi.

Back