• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calyrex VS Nessie (Battle for 6th strongest Non-Smurf 6-B)

Soooooo, I'll point out the most important things now:

Nessie can't really do anything in his true form except just resurrect himself, and probably other mundane shit.

Nessie's normal form is a being of pure chaos and disorder, ie Type 2 AE. So, not sure how AZ will interact with that.

His main wincons are: Madness Manip (Type 3), which Calyrex doesn't seem to resist. And, its soul poison is another wincon which it can do by just ******* with the world and poisoning Calyrex with it.

Nessie also passively makes the entire territory (Hundreds of Kilometers) its area, and can use its subjective reality to (By just simply deep breathing):
Poison the enemy with soul poison that, as the name suggest, poisons your soul.

Revert causality so that the attacker becomes the attacked instead.

Resurrect itself.

Make something out of nothing.

Rewind time.

Probably a **** ton more, but I'm just going based on its showings.

Now, according to other VS threads, Calyrex's AZ doesn't seem to be that high of a range, and considering Nessie wants **** all of anyone to come close to it, It'll just yeet Calyrex back the hell away with its causality manip IF Calyrex somehow manages to resist both poison and madness.

Calirez can't do anything, even giving him the benefit of the doubt and said that Nessie avatar would be in range of the AZ, that don't actually change anything as Nessie can null the freezing with their powers, and then Calyrex lose due to the other side passives or just the active abilities.

Nah, I'd say it probably can't null it if it's already froze, since Nessie needs to take a breathe in order to activate its active shenanigans. Nessie won't die, obviously, but it will probably be incapped (That's until I upgrade its AE to Type 1). That said, I know you don't need to have NPI in order to affect AE2 beings, but still, will freezing even work against a dude who is made out of chaos and disorder energy?

Of course, all of this is assuming Calyrex won't just turn insane the moment it looks at Nessie.

Soooooo, I'll point out the most important things now:

Snip
As will most Psychic types most of Calyrex's stuff (minus the AZ aura) is thought based but as for the battle itself;

*Calyrex has extremely potent sensing which will allow him to know how dangerous Nessie is as well as give him great awareness of the timeline of the battle itself (thanks to future sight being able to attack in the future).

*Purification (types 2 and 3) to heal the poison plus healing to keep him in the fight.

*Class T telekinesis to ragdoll Nessie and mind manipulation/telepathy for possession.

*For verse equalisation, the poison status effect can affect incorporeal ghosts including Spiritomb (an amalgamation of 108 Souls) and mons with inorganic physiology (such as the Regis) so I think Calyrex could heal the soul poison and thanks to NPI (which can affect incorporeal and intangible mons) Calyrex could possibly freeze Nessie for an incon.

However that madness hax, causality hax and subjective reality are all extremely dangerous, I highly doubt Calyrex will last long against it (tbf it's Calyrex and his steed) so his best bet is using his sensory abilities to forsee an incap method before going completely mad or before Nessie gets the chance to play the "no u" card.

Personally I'm leaning on Nessie taking this imho.

Nah, I'd say it probably can't null it if it's already froze, since Nessie needs to take a breathe in order to activate its active shenanigans. Nessie won't die, obviously, but it will probably be incapped (That's until I upgrade its AE to Type 1). That said, I know you don't need to have NPI in order to affect AE2 beings, but still, will freezing even work against a dude who is made out of chaos and disorder energy?
I mean, if the true self can resurrect the avatar then the freezing don't matter.

And about the AE2, the reasoning for not needing NPI for it is because they are physical embodiments of abstractions, to give a metaphor it is like an AI and its mechanical body, while the AI can't really be affected by conventional things as something made of data the mechanical body is perfectly able to be touched and affected by physical phenomenons like normal.

As will most Psychic types most of Calyrex's stuff (minus the AZ aura) is thought based but as for the battle itself;

*Calyrex has extremely potent sensing which will allow him to know how dangerous Nessie is as well as give him great awareness of the timeline of the battle itself (thanks to future sight being able to attack in the future).

*Purification (types 2 and 3) to heal the poison plus healing to keep him in the fight.
Not even sure if Purification would work, since the dude who got poisoned had resistance, and his own ability is able to nullify poison and even make it its own. Hell, the reason why he even could fight for a few moments is because his ability was constantly fighting against it.

Not to mention, it's kind of like a curse, too, as it was stated it put a curse on the soul of its opponent. Besides, I assume it needs to do a special move in order to purify itself, right? So, Nessie can just go lolno and either reverse it, or just continue using the soul shenanigans over and over again. Also, about the timeline stuff, does it get information passively or smth?
*Class T telekinesis to ragdoll Nessie and mind manipulation/telepathy for possession.
Fair for Class T, as Nessie's current LS is just unknown, but mind and telepathy won't work since Nessie is a concept, and its consciousness is inside its concept.
*For verse equalisation, the poison status effect can affect incorporeal ghosts including Spiritomb (an amalgamation of 108 Souls) and mons with inorganic physiology (such as the Regis) so I think Calyrex could heal the soul poison and thanks to NPI (which can affect incorporeal and intangible mons) Calyrex could possibly freeze Nessie for an incon.
I mean, would it even work considering Nessie can just go lolno via its causality manip? Besides, you could probably even make an argument that freezing possibly won't even work on Nessie, since it was stated that: "A few of the creatures contained so much chaos that they were removed from the laws of physics, and there was a possibility that even intense light and heat wouldn’t work against them."

Although, even if it did, it wouldn't really matter either way.
However that madness hax, causality hax and subjective reality are all extremely dangerous, I highly doubt Calyrex will last long against it (tbf it's Calyrex and his steed) so his best bet is using his sensory abilities to forsee an incap method before going completely mad or before Nessie gets the chance to play the "no u" card.

Personally I'm leaning on Nessie taking this imho.
I feel like Nessie's madness hax will immediately take effect (Since that was what was implied), considering its based on Outer God stuff (The verse has literal outer gods like Nyar, Yog, etc...), and, well, its fear should also effect Calyrex.

That said, even if everything I said didn't apply, it still seems like Nessie will have a higher chance of victory.

Bump~

Cmon peeps. Just wanna know 1 or 2 more people opinion on this. Axiom seems to lean towards Nessie, and considering they are knowledgeable on Pokémon, that's a good start.

Back