• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calypso vs. Medaka Kurokami

DMUA said:
AjimuPlaysMaplestory said:
the hero was left unrestricted and causes no limits fallacy
Fixed it for you.
Has there been a villain in Medaka box that BFRs those who give them slight annoyance immediately?

If not no dice.
he can only BFR at a Relativistic+ speed which is not instant

stop the NLF

its a fact that plot induced stupidity is unfair vs characters that have no protection against it

why do you think people restrict it? to be funny?

or are you trying to imply that the ability simply does nothing?

why do you think people were making threads of her fighting characters vastly beyond her tiering when she first got it added to her profile? it's because people wanted to discuss just how potent the ability was and how high of a tiering it enables her to compete against

Same for Medaka by your logic.

She has to think about using her stuff, and Calypso can do stuff with thoughts too.

DMUA said:
Same for Medaka by your logic.
She has to think about using her stuff, and Calypso can do stuff with thoughts too.
difference being medaka is originally an FTL character with automatic reflexes that does stuff without her thinking about it

medaka's reflexes > calypso

medaka's speed > calypso if all fiction activates

medaka's base speed > calypso (if unrestricted) which means her brain processes information faster than his

I am willing to bet she has better mental feats than him and thus a faster thinking speed to get to that juicy instant all fiction over calypso

why are we pretending none of this matters and that he just magically goes first because... reasons

Speed is Equalized, thus her being FTL is moot

All of that is also feats of her speed over other people, not her faster thoughts...

Gargoyle One said:
All of that is also feats of her speed over other people, not her faster thoughts...
? those are all mental feats copy and pasted from a respect thread on reddit they have nothing to do with her speed lol

my point is

why do you think he magically thinks something faster than she can when there is no proof that he would be capable of thinking something before her?

the entire gimmick of medaka is that she is freakishly and inhumanly smart which is why she learns and adapts so quick

could he do this??

Manipulated an entire modified game of Shiritori so her opponent had no choice but to surrender with her final turn. She did this by manipulating every conversation they had, thereby making them subconsciously forget about three important syllables.

what is his IQ? why can he supposedly think before her? I think we will need to see some concrete proof and mental feats from him instead of just "muh thinking speed from a char that is normally not SoL x1"

Gargoyle One said:
? those are all mental feats copy and pasted from a respect thread on reddit they have nothing to do with her speed lol
my point is

why do you think he magically thinks something faster than she can when there is no proof that he would be capable of thinking something before her?

the entire gimmick of medaka is that she is freakishly and inhumanly smart which is why she learns and adapts so quick

could he do this??

Manipulated an entire modified game of Shiritori so her opponent had no choice but to surrender with her final turn. She did this by manipulating every conversation they had, thereby making them subconsciously forget about three important syllables.

what is his IQ? why can he supposedly think before her? I think we will need to see some concrete proof and mental feats from him instead of just "muh thinking speed from a char that is normally not SoL x1"
He said "all of speed is equal", thinking speed to im assuming. So the point is BFR won't work on medaka. Due to all fiction. Medaka is just too haxed to be BFR-ed. Also about that thinking speed, the things u posted show Medaka's IQ, IQ=/= thinking speed. Einstein was most likely smarter than Muhammad Ali but when it comes to thinking in a fight, he can't even compete. They are 2 different things, just wanted to point that out.

he just said "speed equalized" not "all speed" for something as specific and nitpicky as thinking speed he would have to specifically mention it

if the entire match is decided by who thinks first then we are kind of forced to bring speed and speed calcs back into it

no?

"muh calypso" doesnt really seem like good enough proof to me

Firephoenixearl said:
Gargoyle One said:
All speed
That's how he responded to me asking "does it include thinking speed too"?
Also as i said it's not based on thinking speed. BFR just won't work on Medaka.
then if you take all of the info at face value there is no logical reason to assume he magically gets to go first over medaka

both have theoretical win conditions if they "think first"

normally medaka speedblitzes but due to rules of the match it ends up being an inconclusive instead

I honestly dont believe he can keep her bfr'd but the thread seems pretty ded so I am happy to call it inconclusive if that helps them feel any better b/c it seems like a silly matchup given the rules

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Speed Equalized means all speed.
which is why I say the threads current rules are silly when you say speed is equalized then it boils down to... speed

????????????????????????????? question mark

if the speed is equalized why would he magically get to go first when she was faster to begin with?

I tried to bring mental feats into it to gauge thinking speed but have received 0 proof so far that he thinks faster than medaka

what are we supposed to do? go to https://justflipacoin.com/ to decide if he beats this wheelchaired relatavistic+ version of medaka?

she apparently lost all of her speed and has become incompetent and forgot how to use all of her abilites becuase they all stopped working on someone with 0 hax defense(because reasons)

It's called "Inconclusive" honey.

Something I'll be willing to go with.

I suppose I'll go with inconclusive as well. Both are just as likely as not to win.

I'll also go inconclusive fra.

Back