• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calculation Group member suggestions (New forum)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have always confused them for being also calc members, since they are knowledgeable with that kind of stuff and help with it.

I think several people have recommended me, but I mentioned I declined that position. I'm kind of another Kaltias in that department basically. While I do know mathematics as well as some wide variety of calculation policies, I don't have every single formula in existence memorized. And I'm also often exhausted to make calculation blogs; and find it especially difficult to make calcs for verses I have little know familiarity for. But I can help other calc creators with some pointers when I notice some errors.

I think several people have recommended me, but I mentioned I declined that position. I'm kind of another Kaltias in that department basically. While I do know mathematics as well as some wide variety of calculation policies, I don't have every single formula in existence memorized. And I'm also often exhausted to make calculation blogs; and find it especially difficult to make calcs for verses I have little know familiarity for. But I can help other calc creators with some pointers when I notice some errors.
Okay, fair enough. It's a little tiring to stay on top of every formula. I only considered applying for the group myself because I wanted to help move things along with the slowness of the UCP-affected forum (and yes, I'm still annoyed at that one feat that I had to use flippin' CALCULUS to determine its AP).

Thanks Soul! I was actually writing here before you said that xD

But yeah.
I think I'd qualify under these requirements. I'm familiar with pretty much all of the calculation rules and techniques, granted I haven't used all of them myself. But I've done 40 calculations across 30 different blogs. Only one of which was declined (Due to being Hax based), and around 6 of which had minor errors which staff or other members corrected, but I've since learned from.
I'm also happy to do calculations for others already, while I've only had a couple suggestions brought to me, I've been happy to do suggestions that have been asked in the past.

While I'm here and have no better place to ask:
I'm also capable of image editing. I have used Paint.net for years before I even got onto the Wiki, so I have intimate experience with the program, to the point that I consider myself more capable in Paint.net than I do Photoshop.
I am currently responsible for dozens of images on the wiki Including:
  • Essentially every image used in the I-Ninja Verse (Excluding Ninja himself) was created by me, these were captured in-game using dev tools and then rendered by me. Many of which have also had extra effects added to complete their look, such as Torch Ranx (With the fire), and Emperor O-Dor (With the Jetpack). I also got the images for Ninja's weaponry shown on his profile.
  • I'm also currently creating renders for the Transformers DS Games profiles and icons, such as Create-A-Bot, Bumblebee, Jazz, and more. These are also taken straight from the games.
  • The entire verse of Totally Accurate Battle Simulator has been made by me. Including Profile renders, icons on the verse page, and the verse title was reconstructed by me manually due to a low resolution of my original image.
  • Some other minor stuff I've done includes:
I also occasionally help out on the Image Renders Request thread, normally I do it when I'm bored lol, but also if someone has been waiting a while I help out too. My most recent stuff on there was some RWBY stuff which was requested by WeeklyBattles not too long ago.

For both Calculations and Image Helping, both are hobbies of mine anyway, so I'd be happy to help out if needed ^_^

Normally, it's considered frowned upon to suggest yourself, but politely asking a few staff members in private if you have potential might not be too bad. And it's okay if others recommend you.

Well, I don't know what the full policy is. And I didn't say it's not allowed, but just that it's usually better of people recommend others or if others recommend you. It is okay to list blogs you made though; especially if asked. It was probably more so for staff recruitment drives is where we usually have people not aware they've been included in the drive until PM'd by Antvasima or other Bureaucrats.

I'm the person, probably. I have a good amount of calculations and all, I'm unsure if my skills are quite there but at the very least I'm confident in my ability of evaluating simpler stuff. If that's enough help, well here I am I suppose.

Actually, I've thought it over- even if my knowledge is deemed sufficient (which I doubt, though I'd like to know that anyway), I'd rather not take the position

Hmm. We have already started a survey regarding our calc group candidates.

Real question is: From the nominated ones, how many of them knows how to calc storm feats?

It was a joke because most of the CGM don't know how to do cloud calcs, even though they are super easy as the pages are well written, but that's good to know.

I will note down your username then.

Did we already ask about Kulf Boba? I forget sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.