• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Something seems wrong there.

Because, stop me if I get something wrong here, but Magia Record must take place in a timeline before the events of PMMM, or else Madoka wouldn't even be a magical girl to receive Memoria. She'd be a goddess.

So why would the AoC have something from several previous timelines? I know it (somehow) has the abilities of Madoka from the PMMM timeline, but why would it get powers from other timelines before that?

Yes, it does. But False Madoka is made from Homura's memories and she was here during MagiReco.

Basically WA AoC is a composite of everything that Homura saw.

Full potential is a composite period (excluding Homulilly and the 2-A characters)

As much as it pains me, I'll accept that.

Which brings me to the next question: How do these Memoria power null resistance things work? Are they passive bonuses, or do they need to be activated to clear a power null status effect thing?

It depends from Memoria to Memoria. I believe that Madoka's is passive though.

What's the exact mechanic of Darquesse's power null?

She basically hijacks control of their magic.

"I can see the energy that's propelling you. There's just a little remaining, enough for maybe two more trips. It's going to need some time to build up momentum, but that's the thing about magic. Once you see it, you begin to understand it. And once you understand it, you can affect it." His magic surged and Darquesse gasped, felt her arm suddenly throb, and then the world flickered, flickered, and he reached out for her and they were standing in darkness, in ruins.

That example is someone else taking control of the magic in her to teleport them both to another universe. He did it, but she absorbed his knowledge and used it to gain his powers.

She looked closer, deeper, saw how Necromancy inhabited it. The armour was a living thing, though not a living thing with any degree of sentience. Magic lived in it, and magic was alive, and so the very nature of the armour was transformed as a result. She saw it and understood it, and once she was ready, she focused her mind and called to it. Vile inclined his head, and stopped tapping his leg. She called again, more forcefully this time, and the armour reacted, straining against Vile's command. Black droplets of shadow splashed to the ground and Vile struggled, the armour turning solid again, solid and sharp. Darquesse ducked a swipe at her throat. She moved in but he was fast, grabbing her and twisting and smashing her head through the wall. He pulled her on to his hip and flipped her. The world tilted and the floor spun into her face. She started to laugh as Vile knelt on her back. This was fun. She threw him back with a simple pulse of energy and she called to his armour and it flowed to her hand, collecting into a spinning spinning ball of shadow and substance.

That is Darquesse overriding Vile's control of his own necromancy. This is an extremely good feat, as Vile has extremely sophisticated control over his own powers, and is one of the most powerful characters in the setting.

Another roar from Star as she staggered, her magic boiling within her. Darquesse could have killed her from where she lay on the ground. She could have burst her like a balloon, or taken her head off with a stream of energy. She could have got up and grabbed her and torn her heart from her chest. She didn't do any of that. What she did do was to reach out with her magic and smother Star's, keeping it from boiling over. She saw the confusion in the renegade girl's face, as something that should have happened didn't happen.

Third example is the most "power nully" of them all, where she just stops a girl from using her power by "smothering" it with her own. This girl had her magic boosted by the Accelerator by the way, which allowed Lord Vile to go from getting his magic hijacked and curbstomped, to almost killing Darquesse, so it is quite the boost.

It does sound similar to what Madoka resists. But i'll wait until the discussion with SD is concluded

Also, for the record Darquesse can potentially adapt her defenses to timestop, seeing as time manipulation (albeit time slow rather than time stop), does exist as a magic in the verse, and Darquesse's connection to the Source basically means she can control and counter any magic in her verse.

So while she doesn't have resistance now, there's nothing saying she can't get that resistance during the fight by examining AoC's magic and adapting her defenses

I mean, as long as she can adapt fast enough to not get affected by any of AoC's abilities, then sure.

Darquesse should take this via plenty of versatile hax on top of resisting some of AoC's hax. She can mimic AoC's magic, analyze it's magic to see what makes it tick, being resistant to power drain and mind hax, which are AoC's more potent hax, and much more abilities that she has.

Honestly, I'd prefer a bit more than that.

I'm all for Darquesse getting votes, but I'd like them to be a bit more detailed.

That's great and all, except the AoC also has power mimicry and high versatility, and spams one of the things Darquesse is not resistant to, time stop

Hence why we are debating on whether the memoria can stop Daequesse hijacking AoC's Magic to stop it from spamming time stop

So...

fellas...

I've just been reading through Kingdom of the Wicked and...

it appears I misremembered how the Cube worked. I thought it drained the magic of the prisoner and used it to keep them in a coma / keep them imprisoned. This was the basis of Darquesse's resistance to Power Drain, because she stated that it couldn't contain her.

I was incorrect.

The Cube drains the power of the jailers and uses that to power itself. Not the prisoner.

So... Darquesse no longer has resistance to power drain.

Oh dear.

The passive drain doesn't extend for 4 km. She doesn't lose as soon as the match starts.

I'm also pretty sure that power drain is active

Is the ranged passive drain weaker the further away or anything?

Just wondering if Darquesse could enter the aura, realise what's happening, then immediately back away and start adapting.

Though she didn't adapt to the magic-sucker... but she also said it wouldn't work on her if she was in Valkyrie's body... so maybe?

Because she kinda needs to adapt. Her only attacks that have extended for kilometres were her magic nukes iirc. Her TK magic should be capable of extending throughout a massive building, but I don't remember anything else going so far. Could make an argument that if the nuke's AoE is that far, the rest of her magic can reach that far though.

Nah, it works more as "anything past this point drops dead and gets drained". Say that it's 159 metres for argument sake, at 160 you are fine, then walk 2 steps nearer and drop dead.

She definitely wouldn't adapt to the active drain tho

Well, she could probably see the aura with her Extrasensory Perception, and her Information Analysis would tell her that if she walks in she dies. Like against Melancholia (though I can't get that quote I'm afraid, it happens in Death Bringer, the only book I'm missing)

After that, she'd probably shield herself against life/soul absorption like she did against Melancholia. Still unsure if she could adapt to the power absorption aspect though, seeing as she never did so against the magic sucker. On the other hand, she did say it wouldn't work on her if she was in her true body, which I think would have just made her stronger, so given time she might have been able to.

Found this.

Lord Vile had turned his full attention on poor little Sean. He was using a trick that was affectionately known as the death bubble. She watched it expand to envelop the boy, and the life energy around his body dimmed immediately, losing its colour, fading into grey. His face, meanwhile, went white, eyes wide and mouth slack. Darquesse watched it all unfold, waiting for Vile to draw the bubble back into himself, taking Sean's life with it. The force field couldn't do anything against an attack like this.

So yeah, Darquesse could definitely see AoC's power drain aura and know not to go in it.

Fun fact, Vile can theoretically kill half the population of the planet at once with this attack (multi-continental range). And Darquesse is superior to him at this point, and most likely knows how to do the death bubble herself.

Back